• 431 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5443 Players Online
  • 5012 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

is alex the coder working for clans

Discussion in 'Clans' started by focus a, Sep 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. is alex the coder gonna work on clans or nah

Posted Sep 19, 2020
  2. I'd recommend asking him directly instead of making a thread about it :)

Posted Sep 19, 2020
  3. Nothing has been confirmed, but since he's been the main developer behind the game mode I assume so. Given the fact he just came back to the network, it would be a couple of weeks before a reset was ready to be released, but that's if he was working on it in the first place. So most likely we will find out in a week or two.

Posted Sep 19, 2020
  4. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

Posted Sep 19, 2020
  5. We are likely never going to have a clans dev because the gamemode is very low players in comparison to other games and it doesn't make sense to hire one developer for one gamemode. Alex is returning and here is a description of what he said his job would be:

"I’m not specifically working on any one part of the network, I’m going to be pushing on updates and tech stack improvements across the board"

Source: Mineplex Discord #casual (https://prnt.sc/ukerj5)

Any of our current Java devs could be working on Clans, it's not necessarily going to be Alex and it's not necessarily going to be any time soon.

Posted Sep 20, 2020
    GAM, Eqsa, Disgruntle and 3 others like this.
  6. There's a reason no one plays clans anymore. Clans gets around 200-300 players every reset, but since there hasn't been one for god knows how long. People just wont play until they hear something about the new season.

Posted Sep 20, 2020
  7. Clans is legit the only good thing about mineplex, every other game like skywars is just a btech version of a popular servers version.

Posted Sep 20, 2020
  8. look at his wall you think he’s gonna respond?

Posted Sep 20, 2020
    GAM and KiteGodRoo like this.
  9. I meant like message him on discord lol

Posted Sep 20, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  10. his discord dms are closed and ur not allowed to ping him in mpd

Posted Sep 20, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  11. Ah okay, thank you for correcting me! I was just suggesting that since he probably knows the answer most accurately

Posted Sep 20, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  12. I'm just going to echo what Baloo and Dulciloquy said.
    Alex has worked on clans before, so I'd assume that he won't mind doing a little work for it again. He is not, and never has been, a clans only dev. We all know that a clans reset is slightly overdue, but it will come eventually. If it does come soon, don't expect to see a huge amount of content. The reset has been disrupted by many changes in the clans and admin+ team, so it would make sense that it wouldn't be what it could've been without these changes.

Posted Sep 20, 2020
    GAM, Baloo and Anna-Marie like this.
  13. Bro you guys need to step up your game. Mineplex used to be on the top and now hypixel is clearly stomping over you guys. You guys need to get specific devs for specific games. you guys cant have 5 or 6 devs running over 20 games which is why every game is clearly delayed. a new mineplex season or map should have happened AGES ago. if you guys cant get a season out then just put out a new map. you cant just say your not gonna work on clans because its low on players. you have to care for each game just how you care for the other games. dont matter how low the player count is. soon or later people will stop playing cakewars then what? you guys have to get more devs are start focusing more on the server just like in the old days. you have clans management that cant do anything because the devs are delaying them. if your going to focus on 1 game then do it but you cant have a game wait for over 5 months for a damn reset.

Posted Sep 21, 2020
    Believerc, five4ths2, Paiynz and 2 others like this.
  14. Lmao what the reason clans is dead is because of the resets when it was season six it had 600 players what do u mean lmao

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 22, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  15. Alex rarely does work if at all on the network, I'd be surprised if he did work on clans this time around

Posted Sep 22, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  16. Clans is legit one of mineplex best money-making games and most played games and for someone to say that it doesn't deserve its over dev is absolutely redundant.

Posted Sep 22, 2020
    Paiynz and GAM like this.
  17. i completely agree with this without a a doubt the only reason they even sold the monthly rank what so ever was because of clans if they try to deny it all i have to say is that they knew them selves it would sell because of clans they released the rank the day of sotw the fact that the funding from that isn't going into clans is absolutely outrageous, and to further more make things worst staff team has the audacity to say that this isn't a very popular game, if they put the time and effort to give us more frequent resets it wouldn't die out as fast the game mode is only as good as its staff team is all i have to say to that

Posted Oct 10, 2020
  18. Yeah it’s funny so many people bought immortal just for clans

Posted Oct 10, 2020
  19. From my point of view, Clans has such a lack of players because there are hardly any updates to it. There needs to be a focus on a new season, not just a map reset. This should include maybe a new type of boss event, new legendaries, etc. I know it is a lot of work to create this stuff, but it will bring back more players.

Posted Oct 11, 2020
  20. Yes in Dean's stream yesterday, Alex said that he was working on a season reset with Flaym.

Hopefully this clarifies any questions you had :)

Posted Oct 11, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.