• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7212 Players Online
  • 4322 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Is 5 Stacking Really Allowed?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Godsjr, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hi!

I've heard from both sides of the argument on whether or not "5 stacking" in Cake Wars was allowed or not. The side that allows it, claims it's a bug in the donor ranks perks and that staff allow it because of such. The other side claim it's an unfair advantage to donors that they can have 5 on the team, and thus shouldn't allow this to happen. I was wondering what the Cake Wars communities' opinion was on this matter, and if there was anything we should recommend to the staff team to fix. :)

Posted Apr 2, 2020
    brandon3074 likes this.
  2. Yeah it can be pay to win to an extent, but I don't really know an alternative

Posted Apr 2, 2020
    Godsjr likes this.
  3. Maybe having a cap on the player number for cake wars servers specifically? I feel like donors may complain about this solution though...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 2, 2020
  4. Solutions; max party limit 4 (pretty sure it already is but whatever), Red team (parties default team) can only have 4 players max on their team, get rid of the join full game feature for this game mode

Posted Apr 2, 2020
    brandon3074 and Godsjr like this.
  5. The 16 player cap were removed (somehow) a while ago but it will be re-introduced in the next CW update.

Posted Apr 2, 2020
    fxolan, brandon3074, Im_Ken and 5 others like this.
  6. From what the Mineplex staff has said, this is not bannable and is just a glitch. This is a known bug and they're currently working on the issue right now. For now, I recommend just leaving the games where you see a team has 5 players, to avoid unfair games.

Posted Apr 2, 2020
  7. Heyo!

Whilst yes, it is unfair it is not punishable. As of now (yes in bold and underlined because it may be subject to change) it is not punishable in anyway. Even if it does bypass the cap of 16 players that was introduced a while back, it cannot be punishable as this will be re-introduced in the next update for CW, which @Marhzy stated. I, too, will be recommending that you just avoid any games that clearly contain 5 people on one team. Just leave. It's simple and you can be put into a more player-balanced game.

Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Apr 2, 2020
    Godsjr likes this.
  8. It isn't bannable because it's a feature of a rank.

Posted Apr 2, 2020
    brandon3074 likes this.
  9. Hello there,

5 stacking in Cake Wars clearly gives an advantage to a certain team, specially since it's always the experience players doing it.

There's a lot of controversy with this topic wether it should be bannable or not. Staff argues that it cannot be bannable since it can happen on accident, while others say it should. In my opinion, it shouldn't be. However, there needs to be a solution.

I suggest that Mineplex creates a system were it automatically makes you spec when the player limit is surpassed (only in team games). Therefor, it will be impossible for mistakes that give advantage to a certain team to happen. For a player to be able to play in a game that surpasses the player limit, he/she will have to see if someone leaves; If someone does, he will be able to play.

Anyways, that is just a solution of the many we can come up with to prevent this from continuing.

Have a good day,
    Flame

Posted Apr 2, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and Godsjr like this.
  10. I like this idea, I feel like 5 stacking is an extreme advantage especially when it comes to Cake Rot. Having this implemented into the game would make it more enjoyable and fair. Thanks!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 2, 2020
  11. I've seen staff there self abuse this (on purpose in a full party), So i doubt they would say its against the rules. It is funny though cause it contradicts another rule, that you can cross team along as the 2 teams combined doesn't add up to more than 4 players (implying a 4 player max per team rule).

But unfortunately if staff are using it and the lvl100 immortals (there prioritised target audience) Then i highly doubt this will get changed. Just look forward to 2 person teams in solo's, oh boy how fun.

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  12. They're currently working on fixing this so it won't go over the limit.

Posted Apr 3, 2020
    Error3, BankOfAtlas and Sleick_97 like this.