• 297 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6386 Players Online
  • 6089 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Invis Bug in Gladiators

Discussion in 'Gladiators' started by ffatal, Aug 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Since a staff member decided to call me a liar and close my bug report I guess I'd just post this here. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know, and trust me I've relogged multiple times and this has been happening for days. I'll randomly be invisible for about half of the people I fight. It stopped happening before and now it's doing it again which is why I couldn't get good proof until now.

watch: https://streamable.com/ufhv0d

Posted Aug 21, 2021
    mab8400 and rray like this.
  2. Did you provide how to make it repeatable in the report?

Posted Aug 21, 2021
  3. I don’t know how the bug even works, I didn’t specifically do anything to make myself invisible, It just happens at random. Haven’t seen this or had this happen to me ever.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 21, 2021
  4. Is the bug still occouring?

Posted Aug 21, 2021
  5. Yeah, that was recorded within the last hour and it’s been happening randomly to me for the last few days. People think I’m hacking or doing something to gain an advantage over them but I have no idea what’s going on in reality.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 21, 2021
  6. It appears your bug report was closed due to you stating you were no longer facing the issue: as the issue is still ongoing, you should create a new report and ensure you state it's an ongoing issue, providing as much detail as possible.

Posted Aug 21, 2021
  7. I've seen this happen in MPS's before. The only thing I can think of is that the person always had trail particles activated in Runner or Dragons and the fact that they were using Lunar Client. This invisibility happened in all following games until they fully closed the client and rebooted Minecraft.
    I'm not totally sure what causes it but those were the only things that I could think were similar between everyone who was invisible.

edit: ignore because actual cause found

Posted Aug 21, 2021,
    Last edited Aug 26, 2021
  8. it seems like you could very easily be mistaken for a hacker because of this, so yeah hope it gets fixed

Posted Aug 21, 2021
  9. Pretty sure I now know why this is happening. If you don't know, the game before Gladiators in the Mixed Arcade rotation is Evolution. In the last bug fix update, they patched a bug in Evolution that would remove a player from the tab list if they were evolving. I had just finished a game of Evolution and I won. After you evolve from the Chicken mob (the last mob you need to evolve to in order to win), you end the game on the "evolving screen" since you won and you don't need to evolve into anything else and the win effect plays. This seems to have put my character in a limbo state in Evolution and my name gets removed from tab in the next game Gladiators and I hence become invisible because the game still thinks I'm in Evolution since my name doesn't get removed from tab after the last "evolve". I don't know if I explained this well enough but I'm certain that this is the cause of the bug.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 26, 2021
    makw and rejudge like this.

10. Just tested your method, player was indeed invis after executing your instructions.
    Thank you.

Posted Aug 26, 2021
    ffatal likes this.
  11. I think this thread can be locked now?

You provided more evidence in this thread about how to reproduce the bug. I'm sure nobody called you a liar, but if a member of Quality Assurance is not able to replicate a bug, they have to assume it was a one time thing that only affected you. If it happens multiple times and QA is able to figure out when/why/how it happens, they document it so a Dev can fix it later down the line. A QA member has seen your "bug report" through this thread and acknowledged it, so I'm assuming they have also properly documented it.

If you would like to make 200% sure it is known and documented, you can re-create your bug report, but it has already been seen. Since the problem has been dealt with according to our processes, I'm going to lock the thread. You can contact me if you have questions about the thread lock, and you can try to contact rejudge if you have questions about the bug report.

Posted Sep 5, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.