• 155 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2734 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Introducing Cave Spider kit.

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by CubicalMayhem, Sep 13, 2019.

?

Enjoyed idea?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Good,but it need some changes.

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. No

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Today I want to talk about new SSM kit, it's cave spider.
    Before start his hitbox a bit smaller spider's hitbox.
    We need to count it.
    Heath regeneration 0.35.

Armour:
    Chain helmet
    None
    Chain leggings
    Chain boots

First ability:Iron sword
    Toxic bite:Spider jump 4 blocks forward and
    bites player ( deals 3 hearts damage and giving poison 2 effect for 4 seconds).After jump cave spider have slowness 2 effect for 2.5 seconds.
    Cooldown:7.5 seconds.

Second ability:Iron axe
    Camouflage:Spider is invisible for 5.5 seconds.When spider hit enemy (or enemy hit spider)during this effect,invisible effect disappears.
    Cooldown:20 seconds (after invisible effect end).

Third ability:Iron showel
    Minion:Throw cave spider (70% with speed buff, 15% with stronger potion effect,15% has more hearts).Despawns after 8 seconds.
    Cooldown: 9 seconds ( cooldown recharge after old mobs despawn or death).

Passives:
    Spider leap:Launching you in the direction you're facing.
    Spider nest:Hold shift to create spider nest, after 4 seconds around spider generates cupola form nest(material spider web). Inside 3x3 blocks space.When enemy get in the nest's web, he is getting poison 2 effect untill he leaves spider web.

More about mechanics:When spider generate nest any damage and knockback stop creating spider nest.You can't create nest when you falling. Nest lifetime 7 seconds.
    Cooldown:10 seconds after nest lifetime

Smash crystal:Furious spider
    All spider cooldown reduced for 3 seconds.
    From spider's body launches spider web in all random directions (spider web launches after each 2.5 seconds, spider launch 5 webs each cycle).
    When player touch this spider web it gets potion 2 effect.
    His armour upgraded to full iron set.
    Smash time 22 seconds.

Posted Sep 13, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 13, 2019
  2. Invisibility is a big no no

Posted Sep 13, 2019
  3. Hello Wefe, explain your reason why is it a "big no no".
    And if you don't like only this, it's not a reason to dislike all.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 13, 2019
  4. Really good job on these suggestions, I've seen you come up with a few suggestions for SSM, good job man.
    Ok so what I'd like to say about this mob. First of all I don't really think that it's necessary to add a cave spider kit as the 'Spider' kit is already available, we don't really need 2 spiders. The smash crystal does seem a little weak because players could just hide behind any obstacles and avoid the spider webs easily, just my opinion.

Like @Wefe mentioned I don't really think that giving the spider invisiblity would be a good idea, it just seems a little too overpowered. Maybe if invisibility would be an option the cooldown would have to be pretty long.
    Nice suggestion for Mineplex, good job.

Posted Sep 13, 2019
  5. Yeah I increased cooldown to 20 seconds, and added second variation.

OP OP
  6. Hey there!
    I'm not much of an SSM player, but I definitely enjoy reading up on it's kits every now and then and I'm definitely interested in your kit suggestion. I think that the cave spider really mimics the current spider kit but really introduces a twist to it. I like the mob, I like it's playstyle and I think it would fit in perfectly with the range of mobs we have available. Although you've come up with very interesting suggestion, I have a few suggestions that might make this a little more realistic.

The slowness effect looks like a perfect addition here. Instead of the effect lasting for 1.5-2 seconds instead. I think 0.5 seconds can make a huge difference and could result in a more positive result for the player. This could be changed based on balancing so it depends.

This ability definitely looks very interesting. I really think the invisibility effect is a twist to how SSM works but I'd suggest working on having it partially invisible and not completely invisible. I think that it would be a little too easy to hide if they were completely invisible for 5 seconds but then again, it would be a great hiding technique. The cooldown option (if completely invisible) should be 30 seconds if this happens. This is definitely a very powerful effect and would really introduce SSM to new field of abilities.

You didn't really specify here what minion is but I'm assuming this is a third ability with an iron shovel. I think that this ability is definitely an interesting ability but I think it gives the cave spider kit a major advantage. I think that 30% potion effect and hearts is just too much. The armor already is very defensive and I think perhaps shifting 30% into other regions would be better. I think that a third ability could be maybe something completely different as well that connects more to the cave spider theme?

I think that this definitely resonates with the classic spider kit that I like. I think maybe adding in another similarity with the fact that it can climb walls. That would help a lot. I think the spider nest is really interesting and would do a good job of creating a unique kit ability. But again, I'm not sure if this is completely in line with balancing the kit so I'll leave the experts to decide that.

I think that the smash crystal is very interesting. I don't see why it's exactly 22 seconds though. Maybe just rounding it to 20? I think the sky should turn night during this to fit in with the cave theme. Otherwise, I think I really like the description.
    [​IMG]
    Overall, I think that this kit is very creative and I really think it looks very good in terms of abilities and balance. I think I'll leave it to the experts in SSM to really decide if it's balanced but otherwise, I think this kit displays a good example of what kits should look like in the future and I'm definitely looking forward to a new mob in SSM! Great work. [​IMG]

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    TotalTelemetry likes this.
  7. Thank you for your addition and so good feedback.
    About slowness I agree with you.
    I added slowness to don't make cave spider such cleaning machine as wolf.To make defender guy chance to escape.

About 2nd quote, yeah maybe we should make partially invisible this mechanic and make cooldown 25 seconds.

About 3d quote yes hearts and poison are op.Making 70% speed spider and 15% each two is right,but about is it fit to spider...
    Hm I think yes before create this ability I wanted name it "Mother's help" (mother born their kids to help her) but I decided to change later.

4th quote.
    Hmm... adding wall climb passive is good but I care about don't killing typical spider totally.Community can react on cave spider like "Spider 2.0" "Improved spider version" etc.
    However we can add cave spider in game and upgrade typical spider to.
    After some time I can create "upgraded spider version" and don't make him weak compared with cave spider.
    About spider nest its ability which give him save place to regen etc.
    Maybe truly experts can understand is it balanced or not.

5th quote.
    Yeah, just round it to 20 seconds.
    Agree with night theme to, it brings more atmosphere in game.
    I am really enjoyed with your feedback, it's my first project which go so far...
    Have a nice day!
    CubicalMayhem

OP OP
  8. Hello!

I'm all for adding new kits and completing the final mobs to add in Super Smash Mobs to give the game variety, however I do not believe the abilities described here are suitable for this new class. It almost seems as if the kit is just a compilation of abilities from other games or kits in super smash mobs, and I feel as though the Spider Bite is very overpowered, dealing 3 hearts. Then again, the damage dealt would differ depending on which kit your opponent(s) are using, so that would need a rewording.

The invisibility could be interesting, but I feel as if it's pretty useless and does not attribute to making the game more exciting or fun to play. Also there are other kits that are close or the exact same as this one already on Mineplex in different games, making this kit not very unique, due to it's abilities being recycled. I feel like the minion abilities is also too overpowered and the time it is active would definitely require a nerf, and like I said above, this is a reused class from the Wither Skeleton, providing unoriginality.

The smash crystal ability obtained by the cave spider is quite literally the same as the regular spider, which may give an incentive to scratch the idea of having 2 spiders (cave and regular) in the game as a whole. Overall, the idea could use some major reworking or scratching in general, although I believe cave spider would not be added either way, unfortunately. Perhaps if you suggest a different mob, there will be a better outcome.

Thanks! :)

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  9. Hello!
    I think my idea has a chance to be alive.

I think talking about unoriginal in this game mode dumb idea.
    Most SSM kits built on similar abilities, but a bit changed.
    Examples:Guardian (reworked golem, two abilities are similar),Death gap-Slime slam-Wolf's dash is similar to etc.
    If developers still doing nothing, community last chance for SSM.If mods/admins still decline ideas for unoriginal, game is totally dead.
    What about spider bite,it is balanced.
    You haven't count that our enemies not bots and they know what is "dodge" in game.
    To give enemy damage by this ability, spider must get close to oponent then succesfuly jump on 4 block range.
    If oponent will keep distance, spider make nothing with this ability, and his slow effect making balance for this ability.

Counting this ability cooldown, player will rarely use it.Maybe increase cooldown to 25 seconds will enought.
    We need to count that SSM is fast game, and player might use it only one time each life.
    I talked about unoriginal above.

I don't think that minion need nerf, all that maybe we can do its increase cooldown to 12 seconds after mob death or despawn, and reduce mob lifetime to 6 seconds.
    Minion ability has semi cooldown which make it semi usable (12 seconds wait untill cooldown ends, or 18 if mob still alive).
    His chances ability makes it more unique.
    I talked above about unoriginal.

This words "The smash crystal ability obtained by the cave spider is quite literally the same as the regular spider, which may give an incentive to scratch the idea of having 2 spiders (cave and regular) in the game as a whole." totally false.
    Cave spider throws his web in random directions instead making big ball around.
    Cave spider getting iron armor instead taking more hearts after each hit.
    About reduces cooldowns,MOST OF SSM KITS HAVE IT.
    It's +1 reason to do not caunt unoriginal.

Maybe we should nerf another kits which in game, like wolf, creeper,blaze,chicken etc.
    To make game less anoning.
    I talked more about it above.

Have a nice day!
    CubicalMayhem

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 16, 2019
  10. If you read the post it says "The Spider is invisible for 5.5 seconds.When spider hit enemy (or enemy hit spider) during this effect, invisible effect disappears." meaning that if it gets hie whether it was meant for him or not, it will cancel the effect.

As for the kit I really like it!
    +1 for me on that!

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  11. Yeah, you right.
    Thank you for your vote.
    :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 18, 2019