• 1083 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3662 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Insomnia Dreamscape - NL 50 cover

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by IntoRainbows, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Hi! I made a few edits since then but this is the final version of a project I made for myself and released it as the Newsletter 50th special edition cover :)

Illustrated in Photoshop CC 2019 with a Mac trackpad
    -IR

[​IMG]

Posted Nov 7, 2019
  2. Hey there!

I wish I had your talents. This is so beautiful! Good job!

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  3. It looks great! Keep up the good work!

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  4. Cheers mate, keep working hard! <3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 7, 2019
    Mathuu likes this.
  5. Wow that is so beautiful, keep it up! I hope to see more posted in the future :D

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  6. How did you make that with a trackpad : O

Posted Nov 9, 2019
    IntoRainbows and Korben2005 like this.
  7. I never learned how to use a drawing tablet! This project was certainly a challenge, but I've wanted to attempt post-impressionism (think Starry Night) for a very long time ^-^

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 10, 2019
  8. Well you did a great job! It looks awsome, you should try making an abstract picture of a galaxy, that could be really cool. No matter, I can't wait to see what you make next!

Posted Nov 11, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  9. I'm so lost XD so many weird and wacky shapes and colors that blend together in harmony to create a truly excellent piece! Especially in the foreground in front of the buildings, you can make out that it sorta looks like a river or like a rocky coast but to others, it might look like something else! You leave a lot up to the imagination and that really helps contribute to the overall piece! Keep up your amazing art and I hope to see more from you in the future! :D

Posted Nov 12, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  10. This looks so cool! Being someone who loves artworks like Starry Night, I am mesmerized by this piece. What I love about more abstract pieces is that it can be interpreted in various ways. For example, if I look at this art piece you made again tomorrow, I may notice something I didn't see while examining it today. I think the colour palette you used suited the scene you tried to create very well and I especially love the sky.

Keep up the great work, IntoRainbows. I'm excited to see more of your artworks in the future!

Posted Nov 12, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  11. I already saw your artwork when I read the latest Mineplex Newsletter about a week ago. Your artwork looks fantastic, and I'm glad that it's featuring its cover. I don't have any critique of your drawing and suggestions from me. According to your background, what place does it look like in the real world? I'm curious to know where does it take place.

Excellent work you have!

Posted Nov 12, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  12. To do that with a trackpad takes so much patience. I really admire your artwork. The picture gives me a happy feeling.

Posted Nov 12, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  13. IntoRainbows, that is an amazing piece, beautiful choice of colors. It’s like looking at a stained glass piece that would be amazing in a window with the sunlight shining through. Beautiful! Keep up the awesome art, also look forward to seeing what you will produce next.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  14. Halló! Cheers Pham. This artwork isn’t based solely on one location, but I drew inspiration from Stockholm (the architecture), Alaska (the natural world) and France (the sky) — all of which I’ve been fortunate to spend time in! It is mostly based on my dreamscapes (therefore the title!)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 13, 2019
    Phamtastic likes this.
  15. Ah! The dreamscapes could be an interesting place, and I probably had the experience during my dream before. I couldn't remember where was I at, but so interesting at all.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  16. Heyo!

I saw this when reading the Newsletter and I thought this was a great piece of art! I love the way you incorporated different colors you wouldn't normally see in that scene and all in all it's just an amazing piece of artwork. I really like the buildings you made in the painting as well!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  17. I know that I commented about your art on the November newsletter post, but I just have to say again how AMAZING I think this artwork is. I'm not usually a huge art person, but your art is speaking to me. So much so that I had to just post about it twice! I can't wait to see more awesome artwork from you!!! Keep up the great work, it's inspiring. :)

Posted Nov 28, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  18. It’s been a hectic month with preparation for final exams in college (as well as balancing everything else!) but I will be posting artwork both for the newsletter as well as my own projects as those are ready! I appreciate the support, and hope I can speak for the NL team when I say we put a lot of effort and passion into what we do so positivity is always great (as is constructive critique of course) — I currently am working on 3 projects of my own, so hopefully one of those will be pretty ok <3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 29, 2019
    fredericksburg likes this.