• 1288 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7776 Players Online
  • 6488 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Increased XP in Champions Domination?

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by NuclearTM, Oct 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been playing on Mineplex since early 2013, and the first game I played on this network was Champions Domination. The games can take sometimes to 10-20 minutes, and I've noticed that I would receive about 600-700 XP at the end of each game. In each game, I capture many points and I eliminate countless amount of players, obtain emerald bonuses to aid my team to victory, and I support my team. When my team wins, I feel like I should be earning more XP for how hard myself, and the other team members tried in this game. I believe that there should be an increase with the amount of XP that should be earned in this game mode. The games take a while to complete, and I also believe that this could be beneficial to players that also spend countless hours on the network that play this particular game.

What do you think? Should there be an increased amount of XP in this game mode?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Posted Oct 17, 2020
    JAKE///, Laylq, aiirr and 1 other person like this.
  2. I also noticed how little XP you get for winning DOM, but other games also suffer from the lack of XP for winning. If DOM's XP was to be increased, I would love to see other games also get their XP rewards increased as well, since it would be only fair for all of the different communities dedicated to those games.

I'm definitely up to see increased XP rewards for games like DOM, but I feel like it would take much more than that to keep the XP system balanced and fair for everyone.

Posted Oct 17, 2020
    NuclearTM, JAKE/// and Anna-Marie like this.
  3. I believe Dominate would benefit from an increase in XP you receive. While some matches can be relatively short, most Dominate games can last quite a while, usually over 15 minutes. With games like Cake Wars taking about the same amount of time and giving much more XP, I think this would only be fair.
    However, I don't think Dominate should receive quite as much XP as Cake Wars as you are more likely to win a game of Dominate due to their only being two teams, not four.
    And as Klobby said above, there are quite a few games that could be modified to give a bit more XP.

Posted Oct 18, 2020
    NuclearTM likes this.
  4. I'm not fully sure on how close the correlation between Gems and Experience is, but there is already plans to increase the amount of gems you receive in Champions.

• [Rewards] Kills earn 3 gems (from 1)

• [Rewards] Assists earn 2 gems (from 1)

• [Rewards] Gem pickups earn 5 gems (from 3) in DOM

• [Rewards] Earn 1 gem per 10 control point score (from 1 gem per 15? score) in DOM
    You can find the entire Game Insights Proposal Document for Champions here. Anyways, I fully agree that Domination should receive a rewards increase especially since there is a huge difference between DOM and other games like Cake Wars. Hopefully if the rewards are increased, it can also increase the Champions playerbase which is currently dwindling.

Posted Oct 18, 2020
    NuclearTM, Laylq and aiirr like this.
  5. Heyy, I do agree with this proposal a lot.
    I do play DOM regularly because I kinda like it or just doing my missions. Unfortunately the xp is low for taking up so much time and putting a lot of effort into clutch games after winning. As many above said, not such a big increase but can be earned from collecting of capture points,gems,kills, and skill.
    I honestly couldn’t give a good balance example because I am not really skilled in that area. I do really hope for an increase as it would make playing the game more enjoyable and a bonus of winning a better reward at the end.
    Thank you for the suggestion!
    <3

Posted Oct 18, 2020
    NuclearTM likes this.
  6. Hey!

As mentioned above, it is already added on the GI doc for a gem buff in Champions. And given that xp earned is related to gems earned, it means that such an idea of better xp in Champs is already approved.

With this in mind, I will be marking this thread as processed.

Thanks for sharing!

Idea Processed

Posted Oct 18, 2020
    NuclearTM, aiirr and jacvb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.