• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Increase the Maximum Level

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by NoHacksJustGavin, Jan 11, 2020.

?

What should the maximum Level be?

1. 200

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  2. 300

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 500

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 800

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1000

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  6. Stay as is

61 vote(s)
    80.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey there!

As others above as mentioned, I don’t think this is a good idea. Achieving level 100 is already a difficult task. Increasing the level even higher will make it even more difficult and the players would be infuriated. This being said, I will be giving this a -1. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    TheStudentUnion and xGetRektedx like this.
    • General Rudeness Severity 1
    -snip-

-snip-

There exists things such as leaderboards, getting to know people, helping the community, and having fun (which is why i still play this server).

No one will ever reach level 1000.

It took me 4 years on this server just to get lvl 73! And the xp per level increases every time. It wouldnt be possible to get level 1000 in a lifetime, let alone in the amount of freetime people have. I think lvl 100 is a nice even number to end at 200 - 300 etc would be unusual and 1000 would be impossible to get.

-snip-

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  2. I have one word to respond to this:

No

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    M4RK7000 and SpitefulNick like this.
  3. Hey,

I am level 57, so I am nowhere near level 100 haha! However, I think the general argument is debating whether it is fair on those who worked so hard to get to the maximum level already. I would personally like to see a prestige system in place, it would make the 'XP Grinding' more enjoyable. Although, if it were to be put into place, I think those that are level 100 already, would need some sort of bonus since we would be essentially making them work again for what they have earnt previously (the highest level). With that being said, -1 to increase the level count, but a +1 for a prestige system!

-Tripsy

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  4. Guys, I change my mind. I think every 100 levels should act like a prestige system.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 27, 2020
  5. -snip-

that doesn't really change the problem with the idea. Prestige still adds more levels for people to grind for which just demotivates those of us who spent a lot of time and effort to reach 100, as well as others who will see max level as an unobtainable goal. Regardless if it's prestige or just more levels, both ideas devalue lvl100.

I personally think you should wait until you hit lvl100 and then come back to see what you think about this idea.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  6. 100 is just right. It's an even number in the hundreds and yeah? Why would you want to make the maximum level above that? Level 200 would already be exponentially harder than level 100 (if the xp requirement for each level kept growing like it is till 100), and most likely no one would have it until the server is dead.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  7. At least it won't reset the rest of my stats

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 27, 2020
  8. How would you know, you aren't anywhere near it lmao

Level 100 is a great achievement, and adding more levels would take away from the clean aspect of being "100" and make a looooooooooooooot of people upset, including me since I'm currently grinding for level 100. Instead just add the crowns system the 100 community put out https://docs.google.com/document/d/18eBhxIcAA7bpVRgiWKDTSTl3eeoZ1r0-RMB2ZLxW7e8

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  9. Hypothetically, if this were to happen, it would be best to make a cap as to how much xp is required to level up. So after level 100 for example, it would take 100,000 xp to get lvl 100 onward. However, it probably isn't really required, because there's already plenty of things to do outside of accomplishing tasks. A lot of people like to play just for fun, and some people actually play competitively. Now what would probably be a nice addition is more victory poses or whatevs.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  10. I prefer staying the maximum of level 100 because that's the only way that players don't need to continue leveling up. For me, I'm currently in level 56, and it's hard for me to reach level 100. You have to play well, and keep playing games daily. It would've been an excellent addition to add level 100+ to the server, but I'm going have to disagree with increasing the maximum levels. -1

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  11. Hey! Personally, I don't agree with increasing the maximum number of levels. Currently, you can gain up to level 100 and that's an amazing accomplishment. It can take many years for someone to reach level 100 and by increasing, will irritate the current level 100s. Also, the levels that the current level 100s have gained wouldn't count towards the increase which also would irritate some level 100s. For example, if I was a level 100 and level 500 was announced it would demotivate me to play more games since I would feel that all the grinding in games would have been for nothing. So, unfortunately, I'm going to disagree with this suggestion.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  12. Hey!

I have to say, I really dislike this idea. Getting to level 100 is already pretty hard, could you imagine trying to get to level 200 or so on, it would be incredibly difficult. Not to mention, I don’t really think it’s fair to the players that have worked to get to level 100, you’re really just taking that away from them. Overall, I really dislike this idea and it seems like the general populace does aswell.

~Nick

Posted Jan 28, 2020
  13. Heyo!
    Unfortunately, I'll be giving this idea a -1. As I'm currently level 66, and the maximum level being increased to 100? In my opinion, I think this idea is way too over the top. I can see where you're coming from and level 100's just sitting on top of the throne with nothing to earn, however for the people climbing their way to level 100, could be seen as upsetting. Like @FreakingNick said, the general populace seem to be disliking the idea. I'm sure many others agree with this statement.
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 28, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.