• 336 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4222 Players Online
  • 3886 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Increase Thank Rewards for Amplifiers

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by WowCaleb, Apr 7, 2021.

1. ━━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Hey everyone,

It's obvious from the title of the thread what I'm suggesting, but I'd like to give you some more insight. As far as I know, this hasn't been suggested since game amplifiers were first introduced a few years ago. Please let me know what you think in the replies below.

A game amplifier is used to increase gem and shard loot for all those playing. When you activate an amplifier, everyone gets a notification that you have done so. If they like, they can click on the message to "thank" you for amplifying the game. This comes at no cost at all, awarding the generous player 15 treasure shards for their trouble. In return, you also receive 15 treasure shards. Once your amplifier has expired, you can collect your total number of acquired shards from Carl the Creeper in the hub.

Over the last while, I've activated game amplifiers randomly at peak times (this is in the late evening when the server has about 2,000 players online) and looked at the number of shards I was getting. I was usually getting thanked by 200–300 people, resulting in me earning somewhere between 3k–4.5k shards. This wasn't a problem, but it got me thinking about how many shards players were earning from thank rewards back when amplifiers were first introduced.

Amplifiers were introduced in the summer of 2016; undeniably, when Mineplex was at its peak in terms of player count. Thank rewards have always been the same: 15 treasure shards to the player and 15 for you in return. However, Mineplex's player count isn't what it used to be. With the exact same system, you could earn a lot more from thank rewards back when the server was averaging 10k concurrent players than you can now, with 2k players at peak time.

My proposal is to increase the shards earned from thank rewards. I understand that the main advantage of activating an amplifier is that you'll earn increased shards and gems from the amplified game, and indeed, that's why I like to use them. But thank rewards are still a nice bonus for you deciding to activate it in the first place. As such, I think it would be fair to change the amount in an attempt to equalise what players were getting then and what they're getting now. The only reason for the gap is fewer players on Mineplex - nothing else has changed about the amplifier system.

As for the exact number, I was thinking something like 30 shards for being thanked. It's double the original figure, it makes sense relative to the player count and how many are actually likely to thank you (only about 10% of those online). Sure, it doesn't bring you right up to the amount you would've earned back in 2016, but it's a happy medium because player count is unpredictable. If it were to either rise or fall, 30 shards is still sustainable. If it was any more, if the player count were to spike then it would likely end up being too much.

All other suggestions are welcome, however. I can predict some might say the whole idea is unnecessary because thank rewards are only a bonus - and while that's true, it's still part of the system, and it wouldn't hurt to balance things out a little considering what they once were. As for the upshot to the idea, hopefully I've made that clear.

Thanks for reading this :)

━━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Further suggestions:

9/4/21 - Reduce the price of game amplifiers at mineplex.com/shop. They are currently $6.99 USD, the same price as a one-month Immortal subscription. Immortal rank comes with two game amplifiers, so the pricing doesn't really make sense. Thanks @Emiliee !

━━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Posted Apr 7, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 9, 2021
    Timithecat, rilau, Jylie and 13 others like this.
  2. I think this is a splendid idea. I think it should be 50 shards per thank. People are spending $7 on game amplifiers, and I don't think $7 is worth 3k shards. Even if they get the amplifiers with Immortal, it's just not worth the price anymore due to the player count decreasing. Adjustments like this should be made for the server.
    POG idea.

Posted Apr 7, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
  3. I definitely think that the amount of shards thanked, and I think 30 shards is the right amount. I have activated a couple game amplifiers before, and I didn't get that many shards from it. 30 shards also seems reasonable, not being too many shards. So I give this a +1.

Posted Apr 7, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
  4. I like this idea. It might even make people want to buy immortal even more due to the increase in benefit for the amplifiers. (even though it's a super small change) Seems like a harmless change that would only help, not sure why they wouldn't make this change. +1

Posted Apr 7, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
  5. In my opinion, it should be 50-75 based on the current price in shop. Immortal inflated their value a lot.

Posted Apr 8, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
  6. I really agree with this idea, and I've thought the same thing for a while now!
    Game amplifiers were made back when the server had a lot more players, and while the player count changed, game amplifiers did not change with it. Players get wayyy less shards.
    I also think that the price of game amplifiers should be decreased. Right now, it's at $6.99 USD, which is the same exact price of a month of Immortal, and Immortal comes with TWO game amplifiers, and much more. The pricing doesn't make sense.

Posted Apr 8, 2021
  7. I agree, 15 shards per person is almost negligible especially if you amplify a game that isn't that popular. As you guys mentioned $7 USD is ridiculous when you only get a small amount of shards. You could even buy chests that cost more ingame shards than you get for far less money

Posted Apr 8, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
  8. Hey Kaleb!

I fully support this idea! If were being honest, game amplifiers aren't helpful at all unless you are nearing enough shards for a chest, or you just want more shards. You get about 1k-3k everytime you use one (depends on the time you use it and how active the server is during that time) and even with the best amplifiers you still don't get much. I'm sure like a lot of other people said, that amount of shards for basically the price for one month of Immortal is obviously not worth it. So, the best solution is simply increasing the amount of shards one obtains when you thank their amplifier. I'm not too sure what exact number would make a positive enough difference but just any higher increase would be good. Thanks for the idea!

Posted Apr 8, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
  9. Hey,

I definitely agree with this :) In my opinion, it's always been too low, so a raise would definitely be in order. I also agree with @Emiliee with decreasing the price of the amplifiers, since the pricing of that and Immortal rank don't match up/make sense.

Posted Apr 8, 2021
    Emiliee and WowCaleb like this.
  10. Honestly agreed. I don't really buy amplifiers all too much but it's pretty clear that spending $7 on an amplifier resulting in only around 3k shards is pretty underwhelming. This is especially the case for games that are less popular - the less people that play the game, the less shards the person who set the amplifier gets. I think something like this would definitely make players more inclined to purchase amplifiers, which would be a good business decision for the server overall.

If the number of shards can't be changed, I really like the idea stated above of simply lowering the price of amplifiers. $7 is a bit much for only 3k shards at a time (even less if you're counting less popular games) so if the shard reward can't be decreased, then the price definitely should. A big +1 from me, thanks for the idea!

Posted Apr 8, 2021
    Amg and WowCaleb like this.
  11. I've heard this suggestion being thrown around for a long time now, and I've always agreed that it'd be nice to see a bump to the number of shards you receive for being thanked for an active amplifier. Even a small increase would make a big difference, because if lots of players thanked you, each extra shard adds up. Increasing the amount of shards you get for thanking amplifiers may also entice players to activate them more often which would be an added bonus. +1 overall, I see no issues with implementing this!

Posted Apr 8, 2021
  12. Hey King! Thank you for taking the time to write this thread in amazing detail and suggest this idea. This idea is phenomenal and it clearly has everyone reflecting more on the whole concept of amplifiers in general. (As far as price in the shop & thanked rewards) - I absolutely 100% agree with this idea suggestion and feel that at the very least, it’s logical to double/set the current amount higher you receive higher. In addition, I do agree with everyone in the sense that the pricing should overall be reworked for amplifiers. I could foresee the prices ranging between $2.50-3.50 per amplifier in the shop. (Or at the very least, something that’s not equivalent to Immortal pricing) - Thank you for this idea suggestion and I hope to see this implemented and/or reworked! +1

Posted Apr 9, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
  13. +1 Great Idea it does feel needed 15 shards by any means isnt alot. so there definetly should be a buff on it! not to high though i agree with @waterspout 50 idea!

Posted Apr 9, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
  14. This is a great idea that would be extremely beneficial in my opinion. Amplifiers came out quite a long time ago and since then, a lot has changed on the server; namely the player count and ranks, yet amplifiers have not. Increasing the reward to 30, or even 40 for being thanked is a little touch that could go a long way on the server, especially as you can get amplifiers with the Immortal rank now.

For players thinking this idea may be "unnecessary", personally I disagree. It's not too big of a change and would balance and make the rewards more fair for those who either purchase amplifiers or earn them with their rank. I would love to see this implemented, +1.

Posted Apr 9, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
  15. I think this is a great idea Caleb!

I do not see any negative affect from this being implemented, and to be quite frank, I see this as a benefit to players who purchase amplifiers. Purchasing more amplifiers allows players the opportunity to gain more shards. A small, little increase with the reward can make a significant difference.

I think this is an awesome idea, and I would love to see this implemented! +1 for me.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Posted Apr 10, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
  16. I know this is late for the response, but thank you for suggesting your idea in this thread!

While I do agree with most responses before, I feel like I will have to agree with your idea, but I am slightly concerned with the amount of rewards thanked to a player.

If I were to be honest, we understand that the player counter is pretty below average, unlike last year. However, the slight problem with this is that if there are a lot of players in this server, having 30 shards reward would be too easy for players to purchase chests. But here, I feel that this amount is reasonable for now.

I am not sure if this applies to minigames, but I feel like it would provide an unbalance between the amount of shards you received from specific minigames. What I mean is that if cake wars is a popular minigame, then a player who activated a game amplifier would receive more shards than that from a non-popular minigame such as dragon escape. Statistically, more players will thank a player who activated in a popular minigame.

Overall, the two concerns listed are quite infrequent and less significant to your problems of your idea, but most of yours are really acceptable and awesome! I would give this +0.5 (+0.75 if the shard amount has not been changed, but the price of the amplifier did changed).

-20LeeBrian1

EDIT: I spelled applies wrong

Posted Apr 10, 2021
  17. It can always be changed later, but logically speaking the player count probably will not change drastically at all in the forseeable future. 30, or even 50 shards sounds like a really good idea - respectively, as things stand, with these rewards you would be looking at about 10k max shards earned from an amplifier.

The price in the shop is also terrible for an amplifier, as others have stated you can buy Immortal or chests for cheaper that cost more than the shards you would get from an amplifier. However, I think it's way less likely for the price in the shop to change for the amplifier than the amount of shards it gives for thanking - so it's best to get this sorted first

Posted Apr 11, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  18. Oh I see. I thought that in June, usually the player counter is pretty high like around 3000 players (since most of them finished school or are taking a summer break). I did forgot the consistency of the player count, but thanks for pointing this out!

Posted Apr 11, 2021
    WowCaleb and maevestarbaby like this.
  19. I have seen this suggestion before, and I absolutely agree. I activated one during peak hours for Arcade with around 2,500 players online and only received around 3,000 shards. While a nice bonus, I definitely think this amount should be significantly higher, probably should be receiving somewhere from 15-20k shards. As for the shop, I would just recommend amplifiers be removed completely and only available in Immortal subscriptions. Great ideas!

Posted Apr 12, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
  20. In my opinion that would be a very positive change. Shard amount for thanking for a amplifiers hasn't changed in a long time, while Mineplex has undergone quite big changes. Currently, the biggest problem with apmlifier is that its not worth the same amount as before. I think the player would like this idea about increase in shard amount and I would love to see this being implemented.

Posted Apr 12, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.