• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Increase Gem Rewards for Lobby Parkours

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by AceSJus, Apr 13, 2019 at 8:17 PM.

?

Do you agree with this idea?

1. Yes!

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No!

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. AceSJus

AceSJus

Whenever I attempt one of the parkour courses in the lobby, I am greeted with a villager claiming that there will be a gem reward at the end. I hardly ever see players completing these extremely difficult challenges, and, even if they did spend a long time completing the course, they will only receive a very small gem reward. In order to motivate players to actually spend some time on these challenges, I believe Mineplex should substantially increase the rewards. For example, the Snake Parkour only has a 200 Gem reward; honestly, I think a 2000 Gem reward would make much more sense because it will have a bigger impact in getting players to stick around in the parkour courses. Here are my suggestions for readjusting the rewards for each parkour:

Snake Parkour: 2000 Gems
    Lava Parkour: 5000 Gems
    Ruins Parkour: 10000 Gems

Please comment if you disagree with the balancing of the rewards. Have a great day!

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 8:17 PM
    Snvy likes this.
  2. jackattack1597

jackattack1597

I agree that parkours should have better rewards, however I don't think they should be gems. I think parkour rewards should be treasure shards and/or exclusive cosmetics.

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 8:23 PM
  3. Jaekub

Jaekub

I definitely think these should be increased. The rewards you suggested are actually the ones that were there when the old tree lobby existed. These parkours are pretty tough so I think increasing these rewards would be great! +1

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 10:50 PM
  4. KilledByVoid

KilledByVoid

I agree with a better reward, but I would go for shards and not gems. Reason behind this is something, that got pointed out somewhere a bit time ago: hacker would just cheat on the parkours for gems to get kits they could easily abuse on (As example the Warrior kit on Cake Wars)

But otherwise +1 on this

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 6:15 AM
    Zipppo likes this.
  5. Zipppo

Zipppo

Compared to how many gems most people have at this point, the current reward is really low. I never see many people, trying to complete the parkours - increasing or changing the reward would probably motivate a few more people to try. Although I'm not sure on the exact numbers, I'm all for this idea.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 6:57 AM
  6. chuwaa

chuwaa

I really like this idea. I have almost over 1 million gems so far, so the 200 gems for the snake parkour means nothing to me anymore. I do really enjoy the lobby parkour however I am not that motivated to keep trying to complete them, mainly because of the low rewards. As other people have stated above, I think the reward should be something other than gems. Possibly shards or chests. Something like ancient chest if the parkour is easy, all the way up to an omega chest for the ruins parkour, considering how long and difficult it is. Or as someone else has mentioned above, exclusive cosmetics for completing the parkour. I think that's a really nice idea. But either way I would love to see this change get implemented.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 3:47 PM
  7. Denis_Gaming

Denis_Gaming

I love this idea! However, I would want to change the gem reward to a shard reward. This is because shards can buy more items etc. This is how I would put the rewards:

Lava Parkour: 3000 Shards
    Ruins Parkour: 10000 Shards
    Snake Parkour: 5000 Shards

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 4:03 PM