• 1276 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6842 Players Online
  • 5566 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In game replay mod

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by mrpiggy220, Apr 13, 2021.

?

Do you want this to happen?

1. Yes!

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. Maybe but with some improvements

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. No!

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. Hi, hello there,

I'm here to suggest a new feature that could benefit both the players and content creators of Mineplex. I think Mineplex should add a replay mod if possible that allows the user to either enable it or disable it depending on their device specs. It would be beneficial to Mineplex because it would allow users to catch more hackers with more evidence of them hacking and it would be beneficial for the content creators of Mineplex to create a cinematic shot of maps in Mineplex such as cake wars or sky wars maps. Do you agree with this idea? If not, how can it improve?

Posted Apr 13, 2021
  2. I don't know much about game development, but I feel like anything to do with video recording wouldn't be something Mineplex on its own has the ability to do. Game development is different than graphics development, and usually recording softwares are stored on someone's computer/device and not stored on the server. So I really don't think this is possible, though I do see why you would want such a feature.

Posted Apr 14, 2021
  3. I can see how this feature might be beneficial in some areas, however it isn't exactly necessary. As someone who does Mineplex content myself, I know it would be pretty cool to be able to get cinematic shots for thumbnails and such. But there are other ways to do that. Not everyone is a content creator as well, and to those people the replay feature wouldn't really be useful for them. As stated above, I'm also not exactly sure if a feature like this would be possible on bedrock as of right now. I don't know of any bedrock servers that have this feature, so it might not be something that is able to be accomplished on bedrock. You also mentioned that it would be useful to catch hackers, however you cannot report hackers using evidence recorded using the Java replay mod (as stated in the Reporting Guide), so I'm not sure how that would change if Mineplex were to add it's own replay mod to bedrock. All and all, due to the reasons I've stated, I'd have to give this idea a -1 for now.

Posted Apr 14, 2021
  4. I think its actually possible for servers to do, as i've seen some footage on yt of the hives replay system. Its really cool.

so +1!

Posted Apr 14, 2021
    mrpiggy220 likes this.
  5. I am pretty sure that one server just released it (not saying for advertising) and I think another is working on it so I think it would be possible on mineplex.

Posted Apr 14, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  6. I personally don't think Mineplex has the ability to do this but I also don't think it would necessarily be a bad idea. I think there are some pros and cons and I'll start out with the ones I think are obvious. Firstly, a pro would be that it would certainly make editing easier, however, a con would be the time it would take to implement this, to be honest if this were to be added I think it would take a lot of time and possibly make game updates slower.

Like Dulciloquy said, game development and recordings softwares are two different things, meaning that it might not be possible. If it's possible I think that it might be pretty cool however, I'm not sure how that will work with developer time or even be implemented which I've already stated above. I know for sure some people would actually really like this to come to into the game which I believe would be really good for them but it's not really needed when developer time could be focused towards games. Anyways, that's all I really have to say, have a good day! :)

Posted Apr 14, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 14, 2021
    Busjack5 and mrpiggy220 like this.
  7. Maybe it's possible with a log system which contains event (walk,place,hit, island spawn for cake wars), time (timestamp), coordinates and who (player name or server) using a plugin you maybe able to create entity which recreate the action of the player thanks to the log. It's would be a very good weapons to fight hacker. But I now it's would be really hard and cost a lot of money/time. But maybe let the access online for big YouTubers and people who bought a rank (like of hypixel with the atlas). By curiosity I will try to look of it's can be done.

Posted May 6, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  8. Just start recording at the beginning of each game with a recorder from badlion or some other approved mod.

Posted May 6, 2021
  9. actually it is possible to do. Another server on bedrock (won’t say any names) is in the process of making a replay feature on their bedrock server. So that’s pretty cool, but I don’t think Mineplex should consider this until they start focusing on other things.

Posted May 6, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  10. This is posted in Bedrock Ideas i should have this copy pasted for the amount of times i have to say this...

Posted May 6, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  11. While I see how this would be useful, especially on Bedrock where many players aren't able to record properly because they don't know how to do so on console/phone, this is massive development time, that I don't think we should use at the moment since multiple ways to report hackers already exist and other aspects of Bedrock deserve attention - bugs, games, stats, more bugs...

As for content creators, they don't really need this. It's a lot of development time for something I doubt any content creator would even use, and if they would then extremely rarely. It would be a waste of time.

Back to the hacker situation, though - there are multiple ways to report hackers already with more in the works so ultimately this would also be a waste of time with the limited resources we have and the attention other aspects of Bedrock desperately need.

For those that aren't sure how to report hackers well already, I will recap but before I start, I want to mention how a /report command in-game is planned and will be released - giving players a much easier alternative to reporting hackers as you do not need evidence (although if it is anything like Java, it will probably be quite unreliable with the lack of staff; if there is a short time before active reports expire).

Currently to report Bedrock hackers, you have three options:
    1. Hunting for staff members in Lobbies​
    Join lobbies 1 through 10 as these tend to be the most popular lobbies to find staff in. This is probably the best method to get dealt with your hacker right away, as well as...
    2. #report-players channel on the Mineplex Discord
    This channels exists for both Java and Bedrock players to quickly and efficiently report hackers and other rule-breakers active in their games. Just follow the format noted in the channel.
    3. Forum Reports​
    As I said above, many people on Bedrock don't know how to forum report correctly - you need to record your screen! - especially those not on a computer.
    * For PC, you can download any free screen-recording software - some are already a feature in certain graphics cards, for example, in AMD ones. Others you have to download yourself. I personally use OBS
    * For mobile/tablet, you can use your mobile/tablet's screen-recording options. If you're using an Android you might have to download one. Loads of them are free in the Play Store, though
    * For console, both PlayStation and Xbox have built-in screen recordings. I'm not familiar with Xbox, but on PS there are hotkeys you can set to instantly record/stop recording, so you don't have to actually leave the game to do so. Then you can easily upload to Youtube

Thanks for the idea, but ultimately I disagree. Nothing against the idea, but it is more of a nice-have if we had a ton of resources to use for completely random projects. I believe that Bedrock Mineplex is alright in the reporting department, especially with /report being in the works. This would just be over-the-top and complicated. If Mineplex absolutely booms this is something that would be a dream. But that is not the situation as of now.

Posted May 6, 2021,
    Last edited May 6, 2021
    mrpiggy220 and usnic like this.
  12. Yes I'm agree with this argument (except personally I will use the game bar because you can take screen of things that appended earlier)

Yes it's true but one some phone have a very low storage and two you have too permanently record which is annoying

For Xbox I agree (PS I don't know how they work) but you miss switch player and the screen system of the switch is an absolute garbage it's horrible to transfer your screen and it's 30second MAX + the switch don't have a lot of space

Posted May 7, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  13. Just wanted to clarify some things:

You mention here that it won't be effective because of the lack of staff so having it being a planned feature doesn't make it that remarkable in terms of getting hackers banned

If it's anything like Java (which it's not because there's 10x the players and half the staff) this won't be a viable option.

Most of the bedrock playerbase is younger than the avg java player so I doubt most of them can even get discord so this isn't viable either.

Anyways I think that Bedrock should focus its resources on other projects because of what LT tombstones said which completely defeats the purpose of the original idea:

Posted May 7, 2021
    mrpiggy220 and yvuggu like this.
  14. /report would definitely be more accessible and easier than currently. As you mentioned yourself, for a good bit of the Bedrock playerbase Discord isn't an option, which is pretty popular amongst the people that can. I don't think it would be useless, as less people hack on Bedrock anyways than Java (proportions), and a good bit of the Bedrock staff members (especially cross-platform), when on the Bedrock server, spend more time moderating than games. This is something I've heard staff members really looking forward to, so just because there's a much smaller number of them doesn't mean /report will be completely worthless. Plus, who knows - the system on Bedrock might work a bit differently.

Also when they said replay system to report hackers, I was moreso thinking of Hypixel's Atlas - which is something staff members on MP have been talking about and we would like to see, and it could be used to report hackers. Although, like I said, that would be a ton of development.

Posted May 7, 2021