• 3346 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11139 Players Online
  • 7793 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion In-game reminder: Mineplex Forums

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Digital_Potato, May 24, 2019.

1. I remember when the forums were extremely active and teeming with posts every second of the day. Today, the forums are much quieter and the amount of activity has dwindled. This is a result of a smaller player base, yes, but there are still a lot players who haven't touched the forums.

A simple, "Check out the forums" reminder could help players get into the forums. Many players don't know that Mineplex has a community outside of the server and a feature like this could boost interaction and bring more attention to the forums. This daily reminder could include a link or could simply just be a message like this example: "Check out the Mineplex forums! You can submit your ideas/suggestions for the server, create engaging posts, or just make friends"

Thanks for reading! Post your suggestions or edits below and have a good day!

Posted May 24, 2019
  2. Hello, hello!

As an avid forums poster, I'd absolutely love to see this implemented. I can't attest to the nature of automated messages on Java, but Bedrock's chat had numerous reminders of where to apply for staff or submit various reports-- but not once does it reference that the website is a forums-first service, and I think a lot of players would be interested in connecting with the community if they knew how.

The forums are severely under advertised, and I think this would be a wonderful solution which is why I don't see why this couldn't get implemented. If you'd like this idea to be taken under further consideration, I highly recommend you submit it at Mineplex's Feature Upvote page. Best of luck!

Posted May 24, 2019
    Jaxxy and Digital_Potato like this.
  3. Heyoo!
    I know that when I was first introduced to Mineplex and Minecraft as a whole, the forums were a very intimidating idea. I didn't know what they were used for, or really how to use them. I think that adding this gentle reminder would be a great addition to Mineplex. I think that this would spark interest in the forums as well as form a more closely knit community here at Mineplex! Overall, I'd love to see this added to both networks, either a reward in Carl the Creeper for Java, and, as ClqssyOwl mentioned a chat reminder in Bedrock like the "Frost Golem" or "Apply for Staff" messages. Overall, it's a good idea and I'd love to see it implemented. More advertisement would be great!

Posted May 24, 2019
    Digital_Potato likes this.
  4. @BaconAnEggs @ClqssyOwl the fear is that players would only check it out if it includes a reward, and so they'd take a peak and go back to their game as normal, contributing near to nothing. That's if we added an incentive to those reminders though.

Posted May 24, 2019
  5. Yeah, this is definitely an issue we’d see with adding an incentive to an in-game reminder. This is always the case with advertising any of our other social platforms however, so I believe it’s a much larger issue than just for the in-game reminder.

It would be interesting, since your forums and in-game account are linked, that after someone makes x amount of posts on the website, they’d unlock that in-game incentive. This would most likely bring up the issue of post boosting and people just making the threads to get the rewards. Either way, I defintiely hope we can find a way to make this a reality and promote our forums more.

Posted May 24, 2019
    Digital_Potato and Vocaloiid like this.
  6. That's a perfectly valid concern, but as far as I know, no one is proposing to add an in-game incentive for posting on the forums.

Posted May 24, 2019
  7. Yes indeed. It really should not be that hard to implement this feature and will get some players to join the forums and voice there reactions and opinions to what each post has to offer. I myself just found out about these forums recently and was shocked on what I was missing out on.
    --- Post updated ---
    It should be a Carl the Creeper reward as well.

Posted May 24, 2019
  8. Wow thanks for all the positive feedback!

It seems like the most popular concern for my idea would be the possibility of players just connecting to the forums if there was an in-game incentive such as a reward. This shouldn't be that big of an issue because this reminder might not even need an in-game incentive, instead it can just be a reminder. If a reward would significantly boost interest than I think it could work, sure some players will just use it for the reward but others will connect to the community.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 24, 2019
  9. I don't think we should even consider a reward, really; it would only increase post-boosting and perpetuate the lack of depth found in the majority of forums posts.

I like this idea because it would offer players in-game the opportunity to connect with fellow players to discuss their network and invite more commentary, not because it would invite more static traffic.

Tl;Dr: Advertise, don't incentivize.

Posted May 24, 2019
  10. I have mentioned this many times in multiple places for a long time that there should be a simple message in chat stating to check out forums, stating there are leaderboards, player info and game info, since they only state about applying for staff.

I hope they can add this, and I don't think it would be just players going to it and leaving, I believe that when players see what's all there they would be more active in it, and bedrock can definitely use that chat message.

Posted May 25, 2019
  11. Agreed,it should say a meddage every ? minutes and say like want free crates?link your character on our official Mineplex forums go to mineplex . com lol I guess anyways yea

Posted May 25, 2019
  12. I would certainly love to see more people on the forums. I like the sound of this idea since it may attract newer people that may not have discovered the forums yet. As @ImFirewalker stated, the message should mention components such as leaderboards, player stats, and giveaways to attract players' attention. However, people like us (who are already aware of the forums) may find these notifications redundant, so there should be an option to turn these off. Anyway, this idea doesn't seem too complicated to implement. I hope to see this live in the future!

Posted May 25, 2019
  13. Thanks @AceSJus ! I think giveaways would be a good idea; however, @ClqssyOwl voiced his concerns about incentivizing this reminder message. I don't know whether or not a giveaway would be classified as incentivizing because it's a lot less direct than a gem reward. I'd love to discuss this issue with both of you if possible.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 25, 2019
    MudkipLover2005 likes this.
  14. Well you could ignore it

Posted May 25, 2019
  15. Some people can know it, but can be extremely confused with how to link accounts even though there are how twos, and some people don't know about how two's, so I'd also suggest to look at the how to's also.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also I forgot to say this but I played Mineplex for 7 months by the time I even realized the forums existed!

Posted May 26, 2019
  16. Hello! o/

I would very much like to see this. I’m pretty active on the forums and seeing more posts would definitely be more fun. I don’t think there should be an incentive or anything but a reminder sure wouldn’t hurt. There already is an incentive in place now though, when players link their forums account and Minecraft account they get a few exclusive cosmetics including the “Verified” title. Maybe a message such as “Check out the forums and talk about game ideas, suggestions, feedback, and interact with the community! You’ll receive exclusive cosmetics upon linking your account” would be beneficial. Perhaps upon joining a lobby?

Another idea is that it wouldn’t pop up for players who have already linked their Minecraft account.

Overall +1

Posted May 26, 2019
  17. Hey there!

I agree with your idea. I think that the forums are a great place with many useful features for the Mineplex community. I'd love to see new faces around the forums as well! As far as the need for an incentive goes, we currently have the Verified title for linking your account. I think it's a great looking title and it's a nice award for signing up and linking your account on the forums, but we don't need any other rewards. Simple advertisements, like the "If you see this, say Hi on twitter @ Mineplex" are great ways to get players to check out the forums.

Overall, good idea! +1

Posted May 26, 2019
  18. Hello,
    I think that it would be a good idea to offer reminders to check out the forums in game. Even if it is something subtle like a message on the top or side bar every once in a while, it would still be helpful. Many players I encounter do not know anything about the forums, so a brief explanation promoting it would be a great help. Although this may not directly affect forums activity as a whole, it would be nice to offer some players a chance to check it out and see how they like it. Thanks for the suggestion, its a +1 from me!

Posted May 29, 2019
  19. Hey,

I think this would be a great idea because many of the players that play Mineplex aren't registered on the forums. Having this reminder would be a great way to get some more people to participate in the forums.

I'm not sure about the daily reminder, and I think it could be changed around. However, other than that nit-pick, great idea. Also, I think a gem reward of 1-10k gems would be reasonable, even if some don't go to the forums, I think most would stick around and look. It's not necessary, I just think that was a good part of your original suggestion.

That being said, I hope this gets implemented and wish you luck getting this onto Mineplex! +1

Posted May 29, 2019
  20. I agree with this idea completely, it would bring much more recognition to the forums.

Posted May 29, 2019