• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3353 Players Online
  • 3353 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In-Game Level/Time Requirement to Apply for Staff Position

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Ducksicle, May 7, 2021.

1. Look_Dan replied to my idea above for additional tests for Moderators and said that that is something we can do. If not that, then something similar to that, anyways. It's up to Staff Management to come up with these things, so those are the Sr Mods on that team. The Admin for StM is Toki and I'd assume these kinds of things should go through her to become official practice within the team. I will bring this up privately with them after some time if it seems the idea has become dust. I believe it is a good suggestion and could definitely help tackle the problem you're speaking up about.

Posted May 12, 2021
  2. I would like to see a potential requirement to know the clans kits and what they do because mixed armor and flying across the maps in clans is not an ability. I’ve had multiple encounters with mods that don’t know what there doing when it comes to clans and avoid helping me and other clans players.

Posted May 13, 2021
  3. If that's the case then 90% of staff will leave and almost no new ones will join. The best thing recruitment can do regarding that is hope that more clans mains apply for staff

Posted May 13, 2021
    Lowfears likes this.
  4. Hi, figured I'd weigh in with a few of my own experiences here as I think they are relevant.

I've seen players banned for flying as a chicken in SSM, banned for using anti-knock back against an assassin in Champions, and warned for "glitching" to the enemy team's side in TF. Obviously, I don't think these staff members had any malicious intent when falsely punishing these players - just honest mistakes. However, they seem to have lacked a fundamental understanding of the different mini-games on the server and the special abilities of each kit in each individual game. I think it is impossible for any person to learn the ins and outs of every single game that Mineplex has to offer in just 2.1 days of in game time. At the same time, restricting a staff member to moderate only those games which they are familiar with would severely limit how much any one staff member could do, then affecting the team as a whole.

As such, I think that increasing the amount of time required for someone to become a Trainee would greatly improve their ability to effectively moderate the community. Not only would this give them more time to play each of the games and learn more about them, just being around people who play different games is enough to learn about them. Personally, I don't think it would be unreasonable to have an additional requirement for a certain amount of time or games played in each mini-game. Mineplex has over 30 mini-games, not even counting those in Nano games and the ones only available in MPSs. I think it is unrealistic to expect any Trainee to know enough about any one game after only an hour of experience.

-sammy107

Posted May 19, 2021
    Ducksicle likes this.
  5. I know where you're coming from and I don't necessarily disagree, but you'd be surprised. Some high level staff are impressively...unsuited to the position.

Might be worth the process just being more rigorous in general and RC being clearer about what is and isn't allowed in various games.

Posted May 19, 2021