• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion In-Game 'Do Not Disturb' Mode

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Siordano, Feb 7, 2019.

?

Good/Bad

This poll will close on Mar 7, 2019 at 11:08 PM.
  1. The Worst Idea Of All Time 2K19

2. Not Good As I Expected

3. Neutral

4. Not Bad As I Expected

5. Dayum, I Love This Idea!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Siordano

Siordano

When playing a Mineplex Cake Wars game, you sometimes get private messages from friends or unimportant messages which will distract you.
    As a solution to this, I thought of 'Do Not Disturb' mode.
    You can activate this for typing "/dnd" command in the chatbox, type "/dnd off" to deactivate, and the disturbing features will be removed (particles, hit particles, or double jump effects etc.)
    You also can personally edit what features you can able/disable also.
    You will not get private mssages from friends, and they will not be able to teleport or message to you for that particular time.
    For users that have ranks, they will be able to set a 'Do Not Disturb' timer, which automatically turns the Dnd On/Off.

For Normal Users: only "/dnd" and "/dnd off"
    For Ranked Users: "/dnd", "/dnd off", "/dnd settimer (number)s/m/h (s means second, m means minute, h means hour"

You can turn off the Dnd mode also while you already have set the timer.

Posted Feb 7, 2019
    ireallylikerats likes this.
  2. I’ve never expirenced annoying teammates on a regular basis, but I understand that sometimes this will come in handy. I know where you come from in this a bit, but with the timer command, it just seems like a hassle. These are just my opinions, but this would be a nice addition to the chat, nonetheless.

You’ve got about eighty-five percent support from me. (Not Bad As I Expected)

Posted Feb 7, 2019
    Siordano likes this.
  3. coralines

coralines

You can technically do that already.
    /prefs has a command that allows you to disable private messages, so you can turn that one off once you want some time alone.
    As for people not being able to tp, just use semi-visible and boom, easy fix.

I get where you are coming from with this command, but it’s basically already there, you just have to do it manually for each thing and remember to disable them once you’re done.

Posted Feb 7, 2019
    MerrryChristmas and Sam ♡ like this.
  4. Siordano

Siordano

Didn't know that. Anyways, thanks for tellin'!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 8, 2019
  5. MerrryChristmas

MerrryChristmas

Yeah I agree with Coralines. I'm not overly against the idea, but mineplex already has the tools for you to be on "Do not disturb" mode already. Making yourself Semi-Invisible or Invisible, and turning off private messages is all you really need.

Posted Feb 8, 2019
  6. Animalll

Animalll

Hey!

As stated by others you can change your preferences on Mineplex typing /prefs. Even though Mineplex already has the tools for you to be on a "Do Not Disturb" mode, I think an official "Do Not Disturb" mode would be good to have. I think you should be able to type /dnd and you would be on "Do Not Disturb" for 30 minutes and then you would be taken off of it, since some players forget to change their preferences with dms and with their online status. Overall, this is unofficially in the game, but a /dnd command would be good to have if it was not permanent.

Posted Feb 8, 2019
  7. Snowing_

Snowing_

Would seem like a nice idea, but we pretty much already have all those features. The one thing I'd like to have though is the ability to turn off particles while in-game. There has been a lot of times where I forgot to turn them off beforehand, so I'd have to play the entire game with them. This can also be bad if you're playing something like Block Hunt, and you're a hider, particles can easily reveal your hiding spot. Don't see the need for the command for anything other reason though, and it was a good idea, it's just that most of the features already exist.

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  8. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

Hey there!

Having to add the "Do Not Disturb" feature is unnecessary because there a way you can prevent someone from PM or teleport you to the same server. Like what coralines said that using /prefs commands that allows you to enable/disable the PMs. You can also set yourself semi-visible or invincible in /f (/friends) command too. I am afraid that I will have to disagree with the idea of what you have because this will not going to work on the server. Also that it can take time for the Developers to create a new command and features too. -1

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  9. xUmbreon

xUmbreon

Personally I don't think that adding a "Do not disturb" feature is really necessary at the moment. As stated by many players above, we already have something like this. You can disable PMs which is basically Do Not Disturb. You can also set yourself to be Invisible to friends (will show that you're offline or Semi-Visible (will show that you're online, just won't show your specific server). Adding a command such as this really isn't the best move, although I do like your way of thinking. It's just that there's already features implemented to give off the "Do Not Disturb" feel, so I'm going to give this idea a -1. Thanks for suggesting it, though!

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  10. _H2O

_H2O

I'm also going to have to agree with others above me for the same reasons. I don't really see a need for a system like this since you can disable /msgs whenever you would like and since you can set yourself as invisible to those on your friends list. There's already ways to avoid being messaged continuously and I don't think there needs to be another way when others already do the job. If those features didn't already exist, I'd be for it, but I feel that the already existing features just defeat the purpose of the idea.

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  11. Sickle_ // SickleMode

Sickle_ // SickleMode

Hello,
    I'm gonna have to agree with the people above. Instead of adding a do not disturb mode, you can utilize the current features of visibility in /f and disabling messaging in /prefs. By using these, you can solve your issue of being distracted by messages when you want to concentrate. Thanks for the idea, but there are currently features that can do this already. Have a nice day!

Posted Feb 14, 2019 at 9:51 PM