• 257 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6682 Players Online
  • 6425 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Improving Lobby Gladiators

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by silentscreams, May 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've seen, on many occasions, client users flying out of the lobby gladiators. I'm not exactly sure if there is anyway to leave the arena once you have entered. I am proposing putting some sort of boundary or even blocking off the top area so people can't fly through.

I'm not exactly knowledgeable on how these client users fly through; Whether it be by just putting on flying and going out of the arena or if there is something more complicated to it. If there is already a border there (Which I believe there is due to people being able to look down at the matches going on) then maybe just a boundary. For example, if you walk far away from the arena it sends you back to the starting position or even kicks you out completely(Since a normal player wouldn't being going outside of the arena).

I believe this would make it much easier for the other none client using player to get out of the arena as fast as possible instead of forcing them to stay there.

Posted May 6, 2019
    ¡ liam ! likes this.
  2. I don't think this would be a hard thing to implement and it would fix a lot of frustrations! +1 for me

Posted May 6, 2019
    silentscreams likes this.
  3. I’d +1 this, but I’m not completely sure because sometimes people build up to the border. And usually games go by quick, especially with a hacker. There is a timer on the match so if no one wins or attacks, it’ll port both players outdone enough. So i’ll 0 this and come back later

Posted May 6, 2019
  4. I agree with @Acerna here, If a game starts to drag out too long, the timer will expire and the match will end. If you run into hackers, make sure to report them though. 0 for me atm.

Posted May 6, 2019
  5. 1+

Above reasons. (':

Posted May 6, 2019
  6. Hey!
    So what these players are doing is called “phasing.” It’s a type of cheat that allows you to move through blocks. +1 from me on this one, I haven’t seen it happen that often, but I do remember when the 2018 lobby was a thing, players would do this all the time in lobby one, albeit through legitimate means. Still, I don’t see why it shouldn’t be implemented, I don’t know much about coding, but this doesn’t seem like it would be hard to put in.

Posted May 6, 2019
  7. Hey!

Sorry for the late reply.

Fortunately, the issue you have mentioned here has been patched! As such, I will be marking this thread as implemented as well as locking this thread.

Thanks for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Implemented

Posted Aug 11, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.