• 1636 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5784 Players Online
  • 4148 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Improvements for Master Builders

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Repo, Jun 17, 2019.

?

Do you think this is a good idea?

1. Yes, Master Builders could use some improvements

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, I like Master Builders the way it is.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hello everyone! I came here today to talk about the game Master Builders. Master Builders is quite a fun game to play, especially with friends, however, the game itself could use some improvements. What I was thinking is that the Mineplex Master Builders game mode can have a "Build Vote" where you can vote for a word to build. This will allow the game to gain way more attention and become so much more entertaining than it already is. Another idea for Master Builders that is also good is a "Teams Mode" where you and your friend can build together to create a masterpiece.

I'm sure this idea has come up in the past but I'm bringing it up again because this is a needed concept.
    Let me know what you think below, I'd love to hear your responses.

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  2. I'm glad I made sure to check if someone had suggested these ideas recently, because I was just about to post those same two ideas!!

I believe people would be a little more willing to build, if they got more control over what the theme is, since a lot of people tend to give up if they aren't too keen on the theme.

Also, the plot size seems a little too large to do some larger builds solo with the allotted time, so the addition of Duo Master Builders would be amazing! Plus, this might make the act of "stacking votes" a little bit less problematic, since those players partying would be grouped up.

Overall, definitely a +1 for me!!

Posted Jun 17, 2019
    Repo likes this.
  3. I like the ideas, but it needs to have more originality to make it stand out from the other server that has their own take on Master Builders.

This would just feel like a direct copy.

Posted Jun 17, 2019
    Repo and GeniiExE like this.
  4. I, personally, wouldn't call it a "copy," since the ideas are both already in multiple other games across the server, although I can understand wanting there to be more unique features/updates!

Posted Jun 17, 2019
    Repo likes this.
  5. Thread moved to Game Alterations

I don't mind if we choose which word/theme do we want to build. It'll take some time for all the players to vote. What if the majority of the players wants to choose the same word all the time? They'll think it's too tedious that they have to repeat the build. I don't think it is a great idea to implement.

The "Team mode" in Master Builder will work because you and your teammate can work together. You and your partner can get your builds done before time runs out. The player's max capacity for Master Builder is sixteen, so they'll have eight teams.

Overall, I have to admit that it's a cool idea. I'm not sure whether if I can agree with it or not. 0

Posted Jun 17, 2019
    Tea, Repo and GeniiExE like this.
  6. I'm okay with the idea of voting for themes as it would entice people to stay in the game more and we'd be able to avoid the bad themes more. As for a teams mode though, that just sounds like a headache. It's so easy to troll someone who is trying to build and there is no doubt in my mind that that would happen a lot. There are already a lot of trolls in the standard mode, and allowing them to destroy other peoples builds is something I'd rather avoid entirely.

It's actually 12, but I think if a team mode was to be added 8 teams would be better than 6 anyway.

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  7. While I can see the concern, is it possible that this can be avoided by reporting and parting up with friends?

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  8. I forgot that it was twelve players instead of sixteen. I think six teams is enough to play in Master Builder, and I don't see why not.

Posted Jun 17, 2019
    GeniiExE likes this.
  9. Reporting would help, sure, but it's unrealistic to expect everyone to report it and it's even more unrealistic to expect staff to manage it before the game ends. You also must remember that not everyone has friends to party with but will still want to play the mode. If you look at games like SG2 or CW2, a lot of people still play those games outside of parties but it's a lot easier to deal with teammates who could be annoying in those games as it's not as interactive.

Posted Jun 17, 2019
    GeniiExE likes this.
  10. Adding only these two features, would only make our version look more like a clone of theirs.

The ideas are great, and there is no doubt that they would make the game more enjoyable for players. However; I don't think it would bring in many people from outside the group of people who already play the game anyway.

Think of some new features to add alongside them, perhaps give more options to players to change the biome of their plot or throw in a twist halfway through the game to make it more interesting.

Posted Jun 17, 2019
    Repo likes this.
  11. Hello Pham! Thanks for the response. Now, to be able to choose a theme is wanted by the players. What I was thinking is that next to the "Vote Map" paper there can be the same thing but for a Theme, and it can be randomized each time so the word does not always appear when voting for a Theme.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 17, 2019
  12. If voting was to be introduced, I think the team should get some new themes to be selected.

If you play the version on the other server, you'll notice that the themes are a lot better and easier for players to build. On Mineplex however, the themes you get are very generic and can be difficult to think of what to build for them.

Alongside the above, I also think the game needs more time. In my opinion, 5 minutes isn't enough.

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  13. Hello! Thanks for the response. This idea is mainly for the players who are already active in the Mineplex Community. It's not really intended to attract others. I also see what you mean by this idea copying "their server" but It's demanded by the players of Mineplex and also many other servers have added these features as well, not just "their server".
    --- Post updated ---
    I agree, the time should be extended since the time is not enough.
    --- Post updated ---
    I agree, the time should be extended

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 17, 2019
  14. The two features that you want to add, are big parts of their game. It has had both of them since its release, and so in terms of "build battle" game types in Minecraft, they are somewhat original to them.

Just because another server copies, does not mean that we should too. Mineplex should strive to be original and release content that cannot be found on the next server. I am by no means saying "this should not be added here" but I am against adding these two features, and only these two features.

I can understand the frustration on a bad theme. I don't play the game that often, but when I do, I find myself leaving to join the next available lobby and this is almost every time I play Master Builders.

If the game gets an update, it should be a complete overhaul making it more enjoyable for old players but also attracting new ones at the same time.

Update:

You even said in your main post "This will allow the game to gain way more attention and become so much more entertaining than it already is", which would imply you want this for more than just the players who are active in the community.

Posted Jun 17, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 18, 2019
    Repo likes this.
  15. I commented on this idea in the Mineplex Community Insights Discord already but I’ll leave my thoughts here as well. I love the idea of adding a voting system for Themes and I know many others in the community and myself included have wanted something like this for a while now. It would prevent frustration of having a bad theme and would also be more fun to build something around a theme that you actually want to build. Anyway that’s all I have to really say as far as that goes for theme voting. Now, as for the Team Gamemode/Duos for Master Builders, it’ll be a -1 from me. The biggest concern I have on this would have to be the fact that it would split up the community. I’m not too familiar with the BLD community myself but I hope others agree that adding another gamemode could cause games to not fill up as frequently. Another issue is trolling which is definitely not fun. If you’re not paired up with one of your friends and with someone random, it could be quite difficult to cooperate and build together efficiently. Of course it’s a matter of opinion and maybe that’s just the challenge of it, but personally I feel like this could be annoying. Trolling would also be quite hard to moderate. I see both sides and I think building with your friends in a team mode could be tons of fun, but with these issues I don’t see how great it would be if we added this. I also would like to just say that in my opinion, the “copying other servers” thing is not much of an issue. Lots of MC servers take inspiration from other servers and make their own twist of their game, if we were to add a Team Mode, it wouldn’t be necessarily a direct copy. Unfortunately, as I stated above, it’ll be a -1 from me regarding a Team Mode for Master Builders.

Posted Jun 18, 2019
    Repo likes this.
  16. In regards to the "copying", if the features stated in the OP were added there isn't much variation you can do to introduce a Mineplex twist on them. In this case, it would be a direct copy. It would be the like if their server introduced map crumbles to SkyWars, for example, and just added particles.

I think more thought should be put into the ideas to make them stand out, and if they were to be added as described, then I think other updates should also be included in the gamemode to make it different and stand out.

In terms of having troubles with the duos mode, just make it a community exclusive version of the game. This could be another incentive to buy eternal, it could be partnered with other community exclusive game types like OP Survival Games or Classic SkyWars.

Posted Jun 18, 2019
  17. Hey!

I am a huge fan on this idea. I think that a team mode would be a great addition to Master Builders, as it has been widely requested and it would be really fun to try and build a build with a friend or random player. I also love the idea of voting for the build. I think this would motivate people to stay in the game instead of leaving after getting a theme they don't like. Overall, both of these suggestions are great and I hope they are both implemented.

Posted Jun 18, 2019
    Repo likes this.
  18. I agree, the time should be extended
    What I intended is that it gains more attention from the Mineplex Community. I see what you mean, It will give Mineplex a bad look if we copied other servers, but it's not always about what the server needs it's about what the community needs.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks for the reply. Now, trolling is a common problem when it comes to the idea of the "Teams Mode" but, this feature is mainly focused for parties and not to play with randoms, which is why there is solo, for the singular players to play.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 18, 2019