• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Improve TNT Mechanics

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by mab8400, Jan 17, 2020.

?

Should TNT Mechanics be improved?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2020.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. So basically, the use of TNT in BH can be super frustrating for other hunters on the team. When TNT destroys an area, it can obstruct stairways or paths that lead to an an essential area to play the game. For example, the middle stairways of Nakoji, or the parkour section of Riverwood to the tree.
    My simple suggestion is to prevent specific blocks from being blown out, similar to TNT at spawn (it does not destroy any blocks). TNT would still destroy blocks with available hiding spaces, like haystacks or market areas.
    This change is also needed because of team trolling; which has been a huge issue among BH players. Some friends of hiders will TNT these areas on purpose to make it inaccessible for people without the Leaper Kit. Yes, you can "just go back and get leaper kit" but even then, on a map like Eclipse Town, the corner towers are ONLY available through their stairways. Plus, it takes valuable hunting time (which is already short) and makes the game a hassle for hunters. Unfortunately, recording players who gameplay troll in this way is not very effective, because it is easy to assume that they were not trying to frustrate the players. And yes, some players legitimately are not trying to troll, but some are, and even with an obvious understanding of what is happening (say, a party of players who don't attack their friends? But this is just an educated guess) , it can still be refuted with the same reason.
    On the other hand, I have found myself using TNT kit to prevent hiders from accessing the areas as well, as a sort of strategic method to trap them into lower ground. I'd have to say that in terms of improving the mechanics of it, the pros outweigh the cons.

What do you think?

Posted Jan 17, 2020
  2. TeeAndTea is also used to open paths for hunters that don't have or are reluctant to use leaper. I enjoy using tnt to blow holes into the ground so I can watch my enemies suffocate once they fall from their perching places. The only thing that shouldn't be affected by tnt is ladders.

Posted Jan 17, 2020
  3. I think that ladders definitely should not be affected by TNT as well. Good point!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 19, 2020