• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Improve Player Count? More Media roles/tweaks?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Luxford, Dec 2, 2018.

?

Should Mineplex lower some of the core requirements needed for Content Creator ranks?

1. Yes

68.4%
  2. No

21.1%
  3. Eh......

10.5%
  1. adabababa

adabababa

Hello,

I definitely agree with you, as I've been playing Mineplex for almost 5 whole years now. As when I was younger in around 3rd grade I used to watch a YouTuber called CaptainSparklez, and he really inspired me to play on Mineplex. What I'm trying to say here is that the more content creators Mineplex has, the more popularity the server will get. Back when Mineplex was in its "Golden Age" the player base was unbelievably popular with the server having around 15000+ players at once. Currently, the server is at 3,000 players which is a noticeably huge difference. I know that the Mineplex team does their best they possibly can to make the server a better place, but Mineplex will lose it's stance eventually if this continues.
    Feel free to ask me any questions.
    Have a jolly day!

Posted Dec 3, 2018,
    Last edited Dec 3, 2018
  2. Gr8er10u

Gr8er10u

Honestly, this is very accurate. I agree with it. Good job on the post!

Posted Dec 5, 2018
    adabababa likes this.
  3. Cluckers

Cluckers

I personally agree although I think if the hacker issue were taken care the mineplex player count would surely rise. People like mineplex just not the hackers.

Posted Dec 5, 2018
    adabababa likes this.
  4. adabababa

adabababa

Thanks!
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks!

Posted Dec 5, 2018
  5. Luxford

Luxford

@Cluckers I don't agree with you, I know that hackers are a problem on Mineplex, but that's not their biggest problem. We have a reports system on the forums that people can use to report people with. Eternals ALSO have a /report they can use to report people abusing the rules.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 12:27 AM
  6. Cluckers

Cluckers

As an eternal I know that /report isn’t very useful and as a YouTubed I also know that when recording hackers ruin videos and make it not fun. So why would anyone want to record a video on mineplex and put effort into it if a hackers just going to come by and kill you instantly? Then what you report it on forums? The guy will just get on another alt. The way to increase playercount is to stop the hackers. If you stop the hackers I gaurentee people will start returning to mineplex

Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 12:49 AM
  7. Luxford

Luxford

@Cluckers and how would you propose Mineplex would stop the hackers? I personally am a streamer and just use an MPS so I can control what goes on. Whenever I dont play on my MPS, I usually ask a mod if I can play with them so I can avoid hackers. You have multiple tools at your disposal! Make sure to use them.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 1:19 AM
  8. MelonHead15

MelonHead15

I'm not sure about the hackers but to increase player count we could potentially add more voting sites since more people will see mineplex on the server list.

Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 8:20 AM
  9. CourierID

CourierID

I completely agree with this. With a server with around 1.3-2k players on average it's a little strange for the requirements to be that high. What Mineplex needs is more content being shown out to the world about it. I know from my own experience that whenever I bring up Minecraft or Mineplex or general most people laugh and complain about it being "meme game." It's fine if it's a meme game, but that doesn't make it a bad game. Most people outside of the Minecraft sphere have played survival, and that's it. They don't know about all the stuff on the servers. This mainly comes to my mind because a couple of weeks ago, a VERY popular streamer xQc was playing Minecraft Aether. And he got his peak viewership of 30,000 viewers! Think about it, they all click on his stream because they are like "Oh look xQc is playing Minecraft LuL, let's see how bad this can be!" but then they stay and realize it isn't that bad. Imagine if someone like that, someone with that many viewers, just hopped on Mineplex for even half an hour. Now that would be impressive.

Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 1:26 PM
  10. BlueBeetleHD

BlueBeetleHD

Hello there,

Thank you for the feedback! To start off, recently I have taken over the recruitment for the content creators on Mineplex. In the past few weeks, we've changed our recruitment to bring on Creators that may not fit the exact criteria set but have the potential to do really well! However, since this change has been recent we haven't been able to adjust that onto the threads, so I will be looking to update those ASAP to make it more clear.

If you believe you have potential and the right fit, please do apply and our team will evaluate it and provide feedback if you may not be there yet.

Posted Dec 7, 2018 at 10:54 PM
    zchrris, EmmaLie, hOmebOund and 4 others like this.
  11. hOmebOund

hOmebOund

This was a well thought-out thread. I do agree that currently it is difficult to get and sustain the YouTube rank due to the decline of Minecraft as a whole. This would be a better idea for content creators who are currently smaller but can still help Mineplex out in player count.

Posted Dec 8, 2018 at 12:00 AM
  12. Luxford

Luxford

@BlueBeetleHD thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and even consider changing the media Creator roles! I hope this is the start of something awesome! And I also hope this is the start of Mineplex making a comeback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 8, 2018 at 12:52 PM
  13. Cluckers

Cluckers

Hey Blue Beetle, I’m a member of SPG a YouTube designed around the idea of 4 screens in one video. We play other games too but we love to record on mineplex. Back in mineplex’s prime days we grew to a good # of subscribers and currently stand at 500. I applied a week ago and have not been heard back from, I was wondering how long it takes to hear back on an application. The situation I hold is kind of an odd one in the fact that I’m applying for 5 people. If you have any questions you can PM me or email [email protected]

Thank You
    - The SPG team

Posted Dec 9, 2018 at 11:12 PM