• 3823 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11204 Players Online
  • 7381 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

IMO eternal is overrated

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by M4RK7000, Dec 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. about what you said regarding the mcs feature that eternal has, acerna said that no one in their community wants to join the mcs of it. and yes, maybe i am a bit salty seeing 37 eternals in lobby 1 but still it makes all the other ranks underrated as if there’s no point in buying them

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 8, 2019
  2. Are you confusing overrated and popular? I'll admit it, there's soo many Eternals in Lobby 1, but in my opinion it's not overrated. From my point of view, you buy a rank to help support Mineplex - any bonuses are nice, but they're not the reason why I got it.

I bought it for £4. Getting an MCS, communities, a monthly bonus and 250% reward for £4 isn't overrated. Of course, if you got it for more than £4 than it might seem different, but for me it was well worth it.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  3. you bought it for 4 euros ok cool

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 8, 2019
  4. I mean Eternal used to cost $120 but now it costs $15. Anyway, I have always been satisfied with it. Even though it has all Titan's cosmetics, the monthly reward and the ability to make communities is what really makes it stand out.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  5. To be completely clear, Eternal never cost 120 USD and never will. It is a marketing technique to say that the sale is worth it. The current sale isn’t a sale, it’s the almost permanent price. And what we are saying here about communities is that they aren’t good enough to make a separate rank, and aren’t used much because it’s hard to get people active on them unless you’re in the top 3.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  6. I only like eternal because of the clans queues and communities. Il be honest and I don’t care about cosmetics as I used to when I first joined this server. I wouldn’t mind Titan since it pretty much has the same as eternal but then again, who doesn’t want the highest rank on one of the biggest Minecraft servers :>

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  7. I like the omega chest i get from eternal

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    Melkjongen and FluteVegetables like this.
  8. Eternal rank is one of the few ways to get omega chests. A lot of players want that. It's hardly overrated.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  9. To tell the truth, Eternal might be the most common rank nowadays, but it doesn't outnumber other ranks by that much. The reason why there are so many of them in Lobby-1 is that those who hang out there frequently (I'd even say afk a lot of the time) are more dedicated players who have had more time to purchase it or may have received the rank upgrade from a friend. It's also common to find them there because they don't play games frequently anymore so they resort to chatting in the lobby more than usual. In reality, unranked players still make a vast majority, and even in lobbies where they are found more rarely than ingame they will still make up most of the TAB in any lobby other than Lobby-1.

As for the rank itself, it's got a lot for its current value. Making it receive more rewards would require major economy overhauls and wouldn't be fair towards previous owners. I don't think anyone likes the fact that the EULA doesn't allow game related perks anymore, seeing as ranks used to be the only source of income of almost every server until it was introduced, but it's been five years since then and ranks have kept their purpose of being something you purchase to support the development of the server, with cool perks in return. Of course, the value of them decreases with time and amount of ranked players, but many people still purchase them and I would say that change is not necessary at the moment.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    M4RK7000 and FluteVegetables like this.
  10. I saw, but again- MCS are pretty specific in use. People trying to use a MCS like a MPS will find that they prefer to use a MPS, but if you have a MCS with a common goal it makes sense. A lot of people with Eternal make a community, even if they end up not really using it, but that doesn't mean communities / a MCS isn't still a huge benefit if its something that you think you will benefit from

For example: if you make a community thats specifically to hang out with some of your friends, but then they have friends who aren't in the community, then it makes more sense to use a MPS. But lets say you are a Youtuber, being able to have a community for your subscribers seems really, really nice, and the MCS may work for certain things really well. But not every community has this same purpose, as you mentioned there are a lot of people with Eternal- not many of them actually have a reason to use a MCS or Community over just a MPS, but that doesn't change the value a Community / MCS has

You being salty that people are buying Eternal rather than sticking with another rank doesn't mean the rank should be changed to compensate lol

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  11. i can honestly agree on this,
    i was going to get titan a while back but,
    my friend ended up giving me eternal.
    no complaints whatsoever but i do think it's a tad bit overrated.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  12. I mean the fact that Eternal is viewed as 'overrated' so consistently by so many people says a lot about how highly people actually rate eternal, not it being viewed more highly than it should be tbh

Posted Dec 8, 2019