• 319 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2898 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

IMO eternal is overrated

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by M4RK7000, Dec 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Eternal is way too overrated, literally go to lobby 1 and check out tab it’s full of eternals
    Maybe at one point there will be more eternals than people with no rank

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  2. I 100000% agree you deserve an award

@Acerna look at this

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    FluteVegetables, M4RK7000 and Acerna like this.
  3. wait what award the mineplex peace prize

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 2, 2019
  4. I agree with this 100%, wholeheartedly. Eternal is not worth the money for its perks and promises. Titan, in my humble opinion, is far better for the money and is almost equal to Eternal. First of all, Eternal is incredibly common and sometimes since it is the highest rank gets you targeted. It does not have a win effect, the taunt is barely used because there are much better ones, the color looks awful, and the one good perk it has is communities. Communities, however, are barely used and not very helpful unless they are the 3 biggest ones or have many members. Its prizes for supplying gems are also hardly used because no one opens an MCS much especially when they could host an MPS. In fact, in one community I co-lead, many people ask others to join their MPS. The entire Eternal rank is frankly dissatisfying but it is sadly permanent and no one can remove it from their account(s). There is nothing special about this rank separating it from the others and it is only Mineplex trying to gain more money (which is reasonable) but I feel that making the Titan price higher and adding more value to it like the small Eternal perks would have been far better. I dislike the Eternal rank and I think you are absolutely correct.

Have a nice day,
    Acerna

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  5. I agree but chill I didn’t expect some 2-page essay

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 2, 2019
    HighkeyLow likes this.
  6. Hello.

Ignoring the cosmetics attached to different ranks, it's all a matter of personal preference. At the end of the day, it's simply a tag and has no real effect on the outcome of your game or time on the sever. I can understand why you or others would prefer different ranks, but I personally don't see the problem with Eternal. It's simply a rank like all others, and since it's the highest rank in the community hierarchy lots of people have it. Ultimately, if you don't like Eternal that's really up to you. However, I do respect your opinion.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    HighkeyLow and M4RK7000 like this.
  7. well it’s not just a tag it has perks and stuff and a sans taunt

but yeah it sucks
    --- Post updated ---
    ok people I got a poll answer it ok thanks

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/is-eternal-overrated.86174/

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 2, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  8. Yea I’d definitely say titan is a better value than eternal. The only reason I got eternal is because I’d get sick of red and that ocean teal color is SO pretty
    --- Post updated ---
    She’s not eternally a titan anymore :(

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    cerns and Acerna like this.
  9. Best value for a rank is definitely Legend.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    Crash, M4RK7000, Im_Ken and 2 others like this.
  10. Or titan if you want big rewards

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  11. Lol, i got eternal because im a pay 2 win player by nature.

I like the cosmetics, and it was only 14.99 for the sale recently

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  12. :squint::squint::squint::squint:
    Only ranks don’t give you any advantage in gameplay

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    M4RK7000, FluteVegetables and Acerna like this.
  13. makes you scarier :squint::squint::squint::squint:

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Crash and M4RK7000 like this.
  14. Making threads about something overrated is overrated :p

Which is crucial for the server's survival, don't you agree?

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    FluteVegetables and Im_Ken like this.
  15. can agree, titan does totally not give me 6 block reach and eternal does not give kill aura
    --- Post updated ---
    its not crucial for me though what do I get out of 57 eternals in lobby 1

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 4, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  16. Heya

Personally, I think your use of *overrated* is a bit of an over exaggeration. Eternal is the most popular rank for a variety of reasons, most of which aren’t even down to the hype about it.

Firstly, it’s the highest player-rank on Mineplex with the best perks and the best features. Players of Mineplex who want access to these perks and features will want to purchase the rank. It’s been the same ever since Legend came out back in 2014, back when the server started gaining popularity. When Legend came out, the Lobby the player with Legend joined would say “LEGEND PLAYER123 HAS JOINED” (or something extremely similar). When Legend inevitably got more and more sales as it gained in popularity, these messages spammed the chat so much that Mineplex had to remove that feature forever. I bought Legend for my first Minecraft account back in 2014 for £100 GBP. Like that account did, the players who bought Legend back in the day who still play, will have bought the rank upgrades which are a lot cheaper compared to buying the rank outright (or at least it used to be).

That moves me onto the next point nicely, which is the fact Eternal and all of the other ranks are constantly on some sort of sale. This just makes it so much more cheap to get all of the amazing perks Eternal offers. Some people see no point in buying Titan for only a few dollars less when they could be buying Eternal. When I chose the player-rank this account had, I went for Hero just because it’s the rarest of the ranks and I like to stand out. Other people though don’t care about this, and they just care about the value of what they’re buying. Hence why Eternal has so many people with it. For the younger players of Mineplex, their parents will be wanting to see the best option for their children. This means that when they see Eternal being on such a big sale all the time, they are more likely to buy it. Christmas is coming too, so be prepared to see an influx of Eternals around.

Another reason is giveaways. Many generous players do Eternal giveaways on the forums. Especially around this time of year. Let’s be honest, the vast majority of players on the server do have some sort of rank. It’s always been that way. This makes the giveaways so much easier and cheaper for the player doing them, meaning they are more likely to start one. I know plenty of people who have won Eternal in giveaways.

Another less likely reason is that they were Titan beforehand and won Eternal in a chest. Whilst unlikely, it’s not impossible and does contribute to the amount you see around the server.

TL;DR:
    Eternal has a lot of factors which are increasing it’s popularity over the other ranks. None of which are because it’s “overrated”.

Posted Dec 4, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 8, 2019
    Im_Ken and M4RK7000 like this.
  17. If it's not crucial or important to you then why did you go out of the way to make this thread

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  18. cuz im kinda sick of eternals and i have no idea why so many people decided to waste 14 dollars on the rank

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 4, 2019
  19. 2 things:
    People hanging around in Lobby-1 are not necessarily a reflection of the total playerbase
    and
    Eternal offers a MCS... Which is a pretty huge deal, that's basically the point of the rank right there

People buy Eternal of their own free will. If they are buying it when they don't have much of a use for a community... I mean that's their decision and their mistake.

The color / taunt / etc. are all personal preference

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  20. Hello,

There's many people at Mineplex that want the top perks and cosmetics in the server from a purchasable rank like myself, there are many people with Eternal rank because of its features.

Maybe, just maybe there will be more Eternals than people with no ranks. (I am not suggesting a poor playerbase)

Regards,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 8, 2019