• 514 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3093 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Immortal trial

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Korben, Feb 12, 2020.

1. My idea is pretty simple, to have a trial for the immortal rank. It would cost $2, and would give you immortal rank for 1 day. You would have every benefit, other then being able to make a com. It would be a good trial run for people to see if they like the rank, and it would give mineplex more income. It doesn't seem like it would be to hard to add, and it would also be usefull for community members that are on the fence about getting it. And it would still bring in money for MP.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    PhoenixSky and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  2. Hey,

I'm not completely against this or anything, but I just don't see it happening personally. For one thing, players don't really need to actually possess the perks of the rank to know if they would like it or not in my opinion, because they can see all the different perks being used by other players and that clearly shows what the rank gives.

Also, one other small thing, Immortal as of now is $7 dollars for a 1 month subscription, so I feel like if this were to be implemented, $2 seems a bit much (just comparing seven dollars for a month and two dollars for one day, seems a bit strange).

Overall I can't say that I'm for the idea, but if it did happen to be a thing I wouldn't be like upset or anything. -1 from me for now though. Have a good day!

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    M4RK7000 and xGetRektedx like this.
  3. i completely agree with tilgorn. i too just don’t see this happening either. the price doesn’t make sense comparing it to ppc’s price per month. you don’t need to have the rank to know its perks.

-1 :((

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    Acerna likes this.
  4. I think this is a good idea because then players could try out the rank before they buy it, but considering that it's only one day it should probably be a free trial, as opposed to a paid one. $2 is about quarter of the monthly price, but you're getting a 30th of the monthly subscription. It seems like a ripoff.

Alternatively it could still be $2, but it lasts for a week. But honestly, that's still kind of useless because $7 isn't that much and if people are going to spend money, they're going to get the expensive option.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  5. Hey,

I don't think that having a trial of 1 day is really a good idea. The current cheapest option for Immortal is the $6.99 subscription for 30 days, which to me appears to be a good enough trial to help a player decide if it's worth continuing the purchase of the rank. If someone has enough disposable income to consider buying a subscription for Immortal, it's likely that they're willing to fork out $6.99 to trial the rank for a month. This means, at the end of the day, there really isn't a need to implement a slightly cheaper option than the plans that current exist, as far as I am concerned.

Thanks,
    ~ TheGrandmaster

Posted Feb 13, 2020 at 1:41 AM,
    Last edited Feb 13, 2020 at 8:31 PM
    Korben likes this.
  6. Hello,

Thanks for bringing up this idea. Personally, I think that a trial isn't very feasible for Mineplex. First of all, like others have said, the pricing is a little expensive. Considering its only about $7 a month, $2 for one day is quite a bit. Since it doesn't cost very much per month, if a user didn't like it after purchasing they simply just have to unsubscribe. Perks are pretty well known as some perks are obvious by seeing other people with the rank in the hub. Others are easy to find by looking at the convenient comparison chart in the shop. I'm not that familiar with Tebex but something like that may be hard to set up. As something like this isn't really needed and possibly not feasible, it's getting a -1 from me.

XPfirePlayz

Posted Feb 13, 2020 at 1:52 AM
    Korben likes this.
  7. The idea you're presenting here can be useful for players that want to test out the rank/subscription before purchasing it. However, I don't see this coming to the network; firstly, the price is significantly expensive compared to $6.99 a month. $2 can be calculated to be 8 days worth of the subscription, I don't see players liking this because of this issue. Furthermore, will the players keep the cosmetics that they receive even after this trail ends? It would be unfair for the players that spent $2 to keep those cosmetics compared to those that paid $6.99 for the full subscription.

If we choose to remove the cosmetics after the player's trail ends, I can see some players being frustrated and angry that we took away their cosmetics even though in the past (if they bought a subscription in the past) they kept the monthly cosmetics even after their subscription ends. I also don't see marketing agreeing on this; It would be a loss for Mineplex if a player bought this trail and didn't continue with the subscription compared to a player that bought a 3+ months subscription (3, 6 or 12-month subscription). We have to think of this from the business side as this server is a business at the end of the day. Overall, due to these factors, I'll give this idea a -1.

Posted Feb 13, 2020 at 9:06 AM
    Korben likes this.
  8. Hello!
    I see why you might want to test out some of the Immortal perks before buying it, however, this idea is not really necessary or viable with a product like Immortal. Immortal is a monthly subscription, so it would make much more sense to just buy it for the month instead of having to get it for only a day or even a week. If it were a permanent rank, I would understand this more. In addition, having to pay $2 for a single day of Immortal would be a terrible value for the customer, circling back to my original point that it would just make much more sense to buy one month. Lastly, by reading the list of perks of Immortal on the shop page, most players can get a pretty good idea of how much they like the rank, and if it is worth purchasing. For these reasons, I will be marking this as Not Planned. If you have any other points or concerns to bring up regarding this, you can put them below, as I will not be locking this thread. Thank you for suggesting this, and have a nice day!

Posted Feb 16, 2020 at 11:36 PM