• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7515 Players Online
  • 4625 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Immortal Shop Update

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by JAKE///, Jul 10, 2020.

?

do you like the update?

1. yes

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. somewhat

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. no

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. explain what you like and/or don't like about the update

Posted Jul 10, 2020
  2. Hey!

Personally, this idea doesn't affect me too much, although I still think all these new perks are pretty interesting. I'm not in favor of all of them, although I listed a few below that I think are cool
    /disguise - I find this pretty cool, and the way it was balanced interesting as well. This will be a cool perk for immortals and should be cool to see when people start getting it.
    Custom Weapon Name - I really like this one. Favorite one out of them all, and I think this should have been in Mineplex a lot earlier than this.
    MPS Extention - I think this is a pretty cool balance between events and MPS. I'm sure the /ig command will be cool.
    Overall, a good update!

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    JAKE/// likes this.
  3. Honestly, this was a real power move from Mineplex. It gave me and others another reason to get immortal and just gave really good perks. All these perks just make things more fascinating and can't wait to see the perks used in the future. I love how we can finally be able to play holiday games again instead of once a year. Plus, my favorite is getting to have my OWN sword name which I can't wait to get. Anyways, this is a really cool update and I'm happy it came out.

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    gabsy likes this.
  4. I quite like it, of course, being an Immortal means I would.

From an objective point of view, I think it adds much more to the rank and gives more meaning for it to be a subscription. Although, it's going to take quite a while to unlock even a couple of those benefits - I believe everyone starts at 7.5k immortal coins, and it goes up by 4k each month.

Have a nice day. :)

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    JAKE/// likes this.
  5. I dislike how they backtrack on ideas they deny for valid reasons to make money.

Posted Jul 11, 2020
  6. I mean cosmetics are nice but I think its stupid that you have to pay to use old features that were free. My best example is opening seasonal chests. I was saving shards for it and now you cant use them and have to buy the chests in the shop. Its not a big deal cause its only cosmetics but it just makes you feel bad inside cause now shards have no purpose.

Posted Jul 12, 2020
    Fusafez and LordOfTeeth like this.
  7. I think this is a great update that sets Immortal apart from all of the other ranks on the server. This is honestly the update that Immortal ranked players deserve and, as someone who didn't have the rank until last week, I think I can say this objectively. Immortal should be set above the other ranks since it is a subscription rather than a one time payment. It's very different when you are consistently making a payment for a rank rather than a one time payment. It's an incredibly smart business move on Mineplex's part to encourage players to continue their subscription, but it also makes it more worth it for the players to continue to subscribe. It's long been said that the ranks are too similar to each other to be worth upgrading to. I think it's also important to note that rank upgrades are usually discounted when you have already bought a lower tiered rank before. With Immortal, even if you have paid a one time fee for any other rank, you are still paying the same price as someone that has never had a rank. I think this update makes Immortal so worth the price if you are willing to commit to subscribing to it every month. If you aren't willing to commit to it, then I would say just purchase Eternal instead.

Not everyone starts with 7,500 Immortal coins. I bought Immortal just last week, Thursday to be specific, and only received 2,000 Immortal coins. I'm assuming you started with more because you've had Immortal for a while and aren't a new subscriber.

Most of the seasonal chests could never be purchased with shards. The seasonal chests are pretty exclusive usually and can only be purchased in the online shop. This isn't a recent change or one that came with the Immortal shop update.

Posted Jul 13, 2020
    JAKE/// likes this.
  8. This isn't the only example of things like this, lobby stacker, spectator mode possession, and crafting dyes in clans were all things that every player was once able to do. Now these features are trapped behind a paywall. The other thing is that the majority of the new features suggested (gems to shards, bulk chest opening, converting chests to shards) were suggested for all people, but were made Immortal exclusive.

Posted Jul 13, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.