• 604 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11106 Players Online
  • 10502 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Immortal Points

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Paingwin, May 27, 2021.

?

Should This Become a Thing?

1. Yes, I think it should

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, I think it shouldn't (comment why)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hey. So recently I had immortal for a month and had enough immortal points to buy things from the shop. Since then my immortal has expired and I was gone for a little bit I remembered I could buy something from the immortal shops. When I tried to do this though, I couldn't and it said immortal is required to purchase. I think this should be changed, because if you win the rank from a giveaway or something (like I did) and did not have enough time to redeem for some reason, since you originally had the rank I think you should be able to buy things from the immortal shop with the immortal points. Hope this gets changed so I can get something to flex on my friends. :)

Posted May 27, 2021
  2. Just to clarify, you're proposing to make Immortal Points usable by all ranks, correct?

Posted May 28, 2021
    Paingwin likes this.
  3. Hey,

I personally agree to some level with this, I do think players should be able to spend the Immortal points that they earned at any rank. Since you're able to use the abilities when you're not Immortal, it makes sense to me but on the other-hand, the Immortal shop is supposed to be unique meaning that you should be Immortal and only Immortal to use the shop.

Posted May 28, 2021
    BINGUSLOVER27 and Paingwin like this.
  4. As someone who has some Immortal points saved up, I do agree with this idea. Personally I feel that, much like the perks you can purchase with Immortal points, you should be able to spend Immortal points even past the end of your Immortal subscription. Although the Immortal shop is a feature that is unique to Immortal I feel that making it so players could purchase items even after their subscription had run out wouldn't ruin this aspect of uniqueness as the points themselves would still require an Immortal subscription to obtain. Overall, this is an interesting idea that I wouldn't mind seeing implemented.

Posted May 28, 2021
  5. Yes, As long as you have had immortal in the past I think you should be able to use the points.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 28, 2021
    Gil-galad and mathuu like this.
  6. It makes sense that the shop should be unique, but it still would be because you would have had to have immortal in the past to get the points so I think it still would be unique. And the point of this is mostly for people who forget to spend their points and then realize they have them, so I think they shouldn't be forced to pay for immortal again just to be able to spend them.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 28, 2021
    Gil-galad likes this.
  7. I also have this same problem myself, I have about 10,000 points which I can't use because I can't buy immortal that often. I think this is slightly unfair as you have already paid and earned the points and should be able to use them at all times even after your rank expires. I do not know the full reason for why this feature was added that only allows immortals to use the shop, but in my opinion all it does is penalize you if you do not spend the points before you run out of the rank.
    Anyway, thanks for making the post and coming up with the idea!
    - BadgerInASuit

Posted May 28, 2021
    Paingwin likes this.
  8. Definitely agree with this. I have quite a few points that I never spent simply because I forgot about them until after my subscription expired. I think it would be nice to allow people to spend their points even after their subscription expired, especially since they already bought/earned the points.

Posted May 28, 2021
    Paingwin likes this.
  9. I entirely agree with this, I never understood why non-Immortals couldn't use up points they earned. When it comes down to it, as others have mentioned, you had Immortal long enough to earn these points, and you should have the ability to use the points you've received whether you currently have the rank or not. There's been a few times where i've had to resubscribe just to get a cosmetic that I already had enough points saved up for, I really don't think this should be the case. When it comes down to the idea of the Immortal Shop being unique and exclusive to Immortals, I don't think this idea really gets in the way of that all to much. This all comes back and relates to the point surrounding the fact that you had earned these points. If I was an immortal for 2-3 months and got 15-20k points, I really don't think it should be an issue if I choose to use the points a few weeks later because I wanted to save them up because I wasn't too sure what to spend them on. Whether or not you forgot to spend your points and your subscription ran out before you had the chance, or if you chose to save up since you didn't know what to spend them on at the time, I believe both options should be allowed since you were an Immortal when you received these points, and it still allows for the Immortal Shop to be unique towards Immortals.

All in all, I entirely agree with this idea. I don't really understand why this isn't currently a thing other than the idea of wanting people to subscribe to Immortal.

Posted May 28, 2021
    Laylq and Paingwin like this.
  10. Hey!
    Hundred percent agree with your idea! Once you have immortal and gain the points, you should use them regardless of the rank you have. Saving the points for a future item in the shop should be useful and allowed for players to use. I do understand the immortal shop is exclusive for players that have and use immortal. Not everyone can be able to have immortal all the time and when they do they potentially save their points to unlock something from the shop. With the above people said I agree with their inputs too! I have a good bit of points in the shop and don't have immortal due to the fact I am unsure what to spend it on! Hopefully this can be a new change and perhaps a nicer look for immortal!

Thank you for suggesting and wish you luck in the future with your post. You have my support, have a good one <3!

Posted May 28, 2021
    Paingwin likes this.
  11. I think the original intent behind the idea of not letting people who were no longer immortal use the points was that it would deter them from getting immortal again. That might not be accurate, but that is my guess. However, I do agree with most of the people in this thread, I think that you should be able to still utilize those points even after your subscription has expired. It's a loyalty shop type thing, and you were loyal in getting immortal and should be able to reap the benefits even after you no longer have the rank. Since you can use the perks even after your immortal has expired, it does not make sense to not allow them to be purchasable.

Great suggestion!

Posted May 28, 2021
    MARKTHENUB™, Lowfears and Paingwin like this.
  12. If you purchase the Immortal rank for a period of time, you get an appropriate amount of Immortal points that you should be able to spend at any time that you want.
    It makes sense to me that you are able to use the perks that you paid for in the past, so I would definitely like to see this implemented.
    Even though it might result in less people purchasing Immortal, in my opinion, you should be able to use the Immortal points that you got by paying for the rank in the past.
    This has happened to me before and I was quite surprised to realize that I couldn't use the immortal points that I had stacked up from buying the rank in the past, as I expected to be able to spend them when something great comes out and save them up for as long as I wish.
    I agree with most of the replies on this thread, and I would definitely like to see this possible in the future. +1

Posted Jun 11, 2021
    Paingwin likes this.
  13. If you buy Immortal or are given it, you get your points. I think that it would make sense for someone who has extra Immortal points to use the shop, because it may also incentivize them to buy Immortal again. I think that this is a great idea and I would like to see how it goes on from here.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
    Paingwin likes this.