• 1345 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12972 Players Online
  • 11627 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Immortal Perk: Upgraded MPS Ideas

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Hilly, Mar 4, 2021.

?

agree?

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. no

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. sounds like a good idea, but production is slow :<

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. sounds like a bad idea, besides production is slow :<

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. These are adding features I believe people with this Immortal Upgrade for MPS's should have.

-Add the feature for /bridge in the hardcore game "The Bridges"
    -Increase enchantment level for any item from 10 to 50
    -Allow players to use effect commands on other players (Up to effect level 100)
    -Allow MPS-HOST to set the gamemode type for players
    -If a player who isn't already the HOST but still has the MPS upgrade, allow the MPS host who has the upgrade themself, to give them co-host and allowing said co-host permission to use /ig command. Both Players already have the immortal upgrade and should be allowed to use the command on different MPS, if the Host of the MPS they are trying to join also has the upgrade.

Posted Mar 4, 2021
    Tea, Fusafez and Im_Ken like this.
  2. Those will just render EVENT-1 an obsolete server.

Posted Mar 4, 2021
  3. Thread moved to General Idea Discussion

Not really sure how I feel about this idea. These perks seem much too like what would be happening in an event server, which are supposed to have games with more enhanced effects. I wouldn't say it would completely render EVENT-1 as an obsolete server, but it would definitely play a part in overshadowing it and I feel like less people would attend events. I can see where you're going with this but unfortunately I disagree.

Posted Mar 4, 2021
  4. no? events will still have "unique" games. Which is what people usually go for events to anyway.

I like the ideas.

Posted Mar 4, 2021
  5. Events also have unique commands

Posted Mar 4, 2021
  6. ok and, events dont have to be the only place for said commands.

Posted Mar 4, 2021
  7. I believe this would be a good idea. First of all, not everyone would have access to all these unlockables. If you made it a large amount of immortal points for each one then it will only be a limited amount of Immortals that have access to all of it like you would find in the event server. I understand why you would worry that this would make EVENT-1 less special, but with EVENT-1 it is announced in the discord and planned on the website for everyone to join. With an MPS, not many people go into the NPC to check what there is and join. Even if people do this, it will be nothing compared to the amount of people that play the Events. Also, as stated by anthony, EVENT-1 has unique gamemodes that can only be found there. I think that giving these MPS permissions out to the select amount of Immortals that consistently purchase the rank in order to support the server would be a nice addition.
    I especially think this is a good idea. If it is decided that the other permissions are too exclusive to give out, this one just allows those that have already purchased an option that is available in the Immortal shop to use it in another players MPS, given that the Host has purchased it as well and has given the player permission to use it in their MPS.

Posted Mar 4, 2021
  8. Hi, so I think some of these ideas should be added but I don’t believe all should and let me say why:

Not a good idea list:

I’m pretty sure that command is usually meant for administrators or maybe just specific staff positions. Sometimes in events it’s used as well. But, giving it to MPS would just not end well.

I was feeling this at first, but then I realize that it’s going to be unnecessary when it’s probably not needed to do all that.

I don’t think this will ever be added. Like, unless you planning to give everyone creative mode, I’m not sure if that’d be something that would be added on MPS. MPS are meant for games so if you want creative mode then you can go on master builders.

A good idea list:

this one I can agree with because if we can give items and potions to each other, I feel potions would be necessary as well. But probably not to level 100 because some enchantments would probably bug out for others.

I can somehow agree with this, but I feel that you shouldn’t really need immortal or the MPS Extension upgrade to use some of these commands but at least it would give co-host specific abilities.

But, I’ll probably give your idea a +0 since it’s kind of a mix suggestion.

Posted Mar 4, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  9. It makes them lose their uniqueness if every event command was taken by regular MPS

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  10. Yes...but it would've cost several months of immortal. Not like just anyone can have it.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  11. The free perk can get it

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  12. what? That's a low chance and even then, you're still buying it.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  13. Yeah I think this is alright, someone above mentioned that it's only available for Admins+ for a reason but tbh if someone wanted to play a really busted version of the bridges with the /give command and whatnot, they should be able to not have to make their players wait and go straight to the fights.
    Excessive and unnecessary imo, I can understand when people want to go max knockback fishing rods but those happen super rarely. Don't think it's worth the dev time and should just stay for Events.
    Once again no for the above reason. These sorta things should just stay to Event servers to give players a grander incentive to join
    Not really sure what you mean here, can you explain?
    Not really sure what you mean here 2x. This sounds like a bug or something that was simply overlooked which you may report.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  14. okok so what he means in the last 2 paragraphs is, 1. MPS Hosts should be able to set peoples gamemode (adventure, creative) 2. He means that if the host already has the mps upgrade, then the co-host should have access to the same thing.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  15. Ah now I understand.

To OP: the first is unnecessary and could be difficult to moderate, for example settings everybody's gamemode to creative and then letting the inappropriate builds free form. Don't see why adventure mode would ever be useful too.

As for the last point, I personally don't think anyone should have access to the commands unless they have the extension purchased - co-host to someone that has it, or not. It just really devalues it as you can just have one friend that has it, set up an mps for you, go afk in it and give you all the perms. Especially if you don't even have a rank and can super easily get those features that way - I just disagree and think everybody should purchase it separately

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  16. I really like this idea. So long as it stays in an MPS, I don't think it could do much harm and could be fun for teams to play without having to wait the 10 minutes for bridges to fall. +1

I don't really think this is necessary - most people are happy with the current enchantment levels. It would also make events seem less special if everyone had access to it. Enchantment level 10 is enough. -1

I like this idea as well; being able to give others items is good, but as mentioned above I think it should be lowered from 100 to 50 or 25. 100 should be kept for EVENT-1 servers, again to ensure it stays OP and enjoyable. +1

Don't really have an opinion on this. It could be abused in-games but just doesn't really seem necessary.

As mentioned above, I think this could be abused in the way that if you found someone with the upgrades, you could all get the perms without buying it. Long story short, I think if this was to be implemented, you should have to purchase everything separately. -1

Overall, I like some of these ideas and feel they could be a lot of fun on the MPS so long as they don't become too OP to take over EVENT-1.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  17. I think what he means is if the MPS Host has the perk, for example /ig, they can give MPS Co-Host to someone who also has purchased /ig themselves and they can both use it in the MPS. Both the Host and the Co-Host have purchased it previously, it just enables the Co-Host to use it in someone else's MPS. I think this is a good idea as it just enables the flexibility of using /ig and if you and your friend have both purchased it then you can use it together rather than only one ever being able to use it at one time.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.