• 2722 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8384 Players Online
  • 5662 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Illusion/falling out of sky?

Discussion in 'Champions' started by AttackBlast, Dec 25, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's been a while since I played and I've noticed something odd. When I'm fighting an assassin that uses Illusion and the skill ends, usually it looks like they're falling out of the sky from 10 blocks up or some medium distance. This is tricky since I can't usually hit them until they land, at which point I'm probably dead. At first I though this was a visual glitch (since I play in the latest version, not 1.8.9), but it's happened to me enough times that I think this is a normal thing.

Can someone tell me if this is actually a thing with illusion that happens all the time, and why this might occur (at least on my screen)? My best guess is that it has to do with my specific version. Thanks!

Posted Dec 25, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  2. Happens to me too. It's normal. It happens to people in clans too.

Posted Dec 25, 2019
  3. Thanks! Is it version specific?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 25, 2019
  4. Well, I only play on 1.8.9, so I don't know. I mean 1.8 is the best version and most people play on it.

Posted Dec 25, 2019
  5. Hello!
    This visual effect is actually a consequence of how Illusion and Smoke Bomb currently work in the game. There used to be an issue with these two skills, where it would occasionally make players permanently invisible after using them. Eventually, this was patched by teleporting the player's entity very high up into the sky when using the skill (so that their entity doesn't actually despawn/go invisible). When the skill ends, their entity is teleported back down to the ground in the same place where the actual player is standing.
    This teleport is the reason why you see a 'falling' effect when someone ends Illusion or Smoke Bomb; their entity is actually being teleported down from really high up and Minecraft's teleport animation isn't instantaneous so you can sometimes see the entity moving very quickly. This mechanic is also the reason why you can see a player's username on the tab list twice sometimes when using Illusion or Smoke Bomb.

We may at some point in the future have a smoother way of executing these skills, so there's no weird animation (and also no extra invisibility time), but for now, that's how they work!

Posted Dec 28, 2019
  6. Thank you for the hope of fixing them :D

Posted Dec 28, 2019
  7. What Flaym said is correct. Also, it's not version specific, but I'd recommend playing on 1.8 because your general quality of life will be better in other ways.

Posted Dec 30, 2019
  8. Flaym is correct, yes, but in specifics

The main reason behind why players were invisible in the first place was because of how fast everything was moving (something like that, don't remember Alex's exact words), so the update fixed it by what was previously described while also making Illusion / SB broken in the sense that you can get a lot of free hits while the entity returns from its trip in the sky.

I personally prefer the old Illusion/SB, because the invis glitch can be fixed by relogging (its not permanent), the falling from the sky effect can't. Perhaps we should add a small time-frame where the caster of the illusion can't hit anyone until the entity is back onto the ground. Not sure how difficult that would be to implement but it's better than what we have how.

Posted Dec 30, 2019
  9. Ok thanks for demystifying things everyone.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 31, 2019
    Jarif likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.