• 1346 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6856 Players Online
  • 5510 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Ignore Atoximed. Slime needs a nerf

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Chameebling, May 18, 2020.

Tags:
?

How hard is it to kill a slime?

1. Cannot even deal damage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Only deal a couple hits

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. I get the slime low, but still die

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Can only kill with void

4 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. Barely, end up low

21 vote(s)
    39.6%
  6. Too easy, end up with decent health

23 vote(s)
    43.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Based on the previous post, we should nerf chicken this way! Now slime...

Chicken and HuntOnyx have been dealt with, so now Slime and Atoximed's weird time zone.

Problems:
    - Slime has high vertical double jump velocity making triple jump 2x op
    - Slime rocket has close to no weak sides than be able to be deflected by certain projectiles, making some kits like cow very vulnerable.
    - Slime Slam will not register if you keep jumping and not touch the ground for long enough making it op.
    - All this on a free kit?!

SOLUTIONS:

Slime Rocket:
    - Bring back the old slime rocket where a slime grows on the player's head so we can see how big the projectile is and make it have more balanced weaksides by making it cancelable by killing the slime
    - Slime rocket cooldown starts when you shoot
    - Decrease double jump velocity while charging slime rocket

Slime Slam:
    - Fix the bug where jumping doesn't register slime slam until you want it to
    - Decrease damage to it as it can be coupled with a few melee hits dealing 5-7 hearts in 1 hit.
    - Increase recoil knockback

Any comments promoting slime will be considered as bias as slimes are one of the hardest kits to fight and are the most abused. Funny how those players RELY on slime to win tournaments compared to me having multiple kits I'm good at.

Posted May 18, 2020
    SpitefulNick and Thunderer4215 like this.
  2. Hi! To me, there is a big difference when someone starts slime and when an experienced player uses slime. I think it takes some skill/experience to use to be that powerful. But, when I see an experienced slime player, I can barely hurt it. Now, I'm not saying I'm a pro at SSM. I probably am pretty bad at SSM, lol. I just get knocked back by the slime projectile and for me it's too fast to deflect with another projectile. Maybe I'm just bad, who knows lol. So, I agree even though my opinion is probably not very valid here.

Posted May 18, 2020
  3. In my opinion slime is balanced. They just need to fix the issue where slime slam still hits you like 3 seconds after its actually used.

Posted May 18, 2020
  4. Alright here's my "experienced" opinion. Slime rocket does have some weak sides. The trick is to either read it, or just simply try and gain some distance, or also evade it. The thing with slime rocket is you have to try and figure out where the opponent is travelling in order to hit it, or more like aim slightly ahead of them. If you make yourself hard to read then I think you won't have any problem with it. Try and predict where the opponent will send the rocket. The only kits that seem to have a problem with slime are kits tuned to melee. However, I think if people approach slime methodically instead of just rushing in, slime shouldn't be too bad. I think it's one of those kits that's like creeper where you have to be somewhat methodical and do some thinking.

Posted May 18, 2020
    aaawesome and Mitchy like this.
  5. Ok

Posted May 18, 2020
  6. Lol Bruh

Posted May 18, 2020
  7. Although it's been a while since I've personally played SSM, I believe I have the knowledge enough to comment on such a post.
    I'd like to start off with saying every kit has its advantages and disadvantages. Slime, like chicken, could have a small hitbox at points which could make it a little harder to hit at times.I'd like to say however, people who could be deemed as 'legally skilled' so to speak, shouldn't have a problem. If you have a pro slime vs. a newer Spider for example, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which will win. I think it really all boils down to how well you play your kit. What do I mean? Before quitting a while back, I'd like to consider myself a pretty beastly golem. Golem's always been pretty OP in my opinion as it has a lot of armor to protect it. Personally, I never had a problem killing any kit as I have fairly precise aim so even something as small as a flesh hook really gave me the advantage most games. I'll take slime and chicken as more passive, evasive kits. That being said, play your kits as passive and and evasive as possible all the whilst trying to achieve a kill (be it cheap [i.e hitting off the edge] or truly draining your opponent). I'd like to just point out many kits are equal opportunity. If you'd like a general concept of how to better your game play, I used F3 + B (hit boxes) to know generally where to aim to get a hit off. SSM's a really strategic game if you're planing on playing every kit. Maybe practice some with friends. Have them go another kit while you play your main and keep at it 'till you win. That's how I got pretty decent at DOM! Anyhow, that's another topic for another game. My advice to you is practice in an MPS with good players for the best results, or maybe even solo it in 2v2's and just learn map positioning, consistency of aiming, and generally how to counter harder kits!

Enjoy your SSM experience,
    Drew / Jixxerous!

Posted May 18, 2020
  8. Heyo!

As someone who has been playing SSM for quite a while and has used every kit, I can see why you'd want this kit to be nerfed. The problem with nerfing a kit at this point in time is that once you nerf one kit you have to make the other kits worse as well. You can't just let the other kits stay better than one certain kit, otherwise, it wouldn't be fair. I don't mind the slime kit, and maybe to some others it's overpowered, and as someone who has played for a while I'll have to disagree. I've seen many people use the slime kit, and normally they are quite good players, but they still end up losing. There is no such thing as overpowered in SSM, it's pure skill. Of course some players are worse than others, but Mineplex can't do anything about how good an experienced player is gonna be with a certain kit. Like if someone who played the game for years used something as simple as a skeleton kit, and then another person who only just started playing like a few months ago, the person with the skeleton kit has a higher percentage win rate. I get that some kits may seem overpowered in some people's eyes, but as someone who plays the game, and has been for a very long time, I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this. I'm sorry. Thanks! Have a great week! :)

Posted May 18, 2020
    prfectn likes this.
  9. i didn’t know ssm kit balancing was based off of who chameebling can and can’t fight

Posted May 18, 2020
    Deodath, pinfoil, Trunks and 13 others like this.
  10. These nerfs may make the slime kit not so good anymore. It relies on some of these problems you mention. If you nerf slime like that, slime might become underrated. But some things ARE ok but some things will make slime a lot worse.

Posted May 18, 2020
    Skelebone247 likes this.
  11. Only nerf slime really needs is the slime slam.
    The slime rocket is easily deflectable with most range abilities if you can time them well enough.

Slime is a big cow counter, you cant expect every kit to go your way in a matchup and the only way is to try other kits.

Slime is already vunerable while it charges the rocket. You cant melee, use slime slam to recover, and dodging is much harder. You also have to constantly charge to keep your hitbox small so at least half of the slimes time fighting will be charging the rocket.

Just because you can beat people who main a kit in a 1v1 doesnt make that kit balanced. Chicken in this case is underbalanced and needs a buff.

Posted May 18, 2020,
    Last edited May 18, 2020
  12. Slime shouldn't be nerfed because you can't beat one. Some slime players are better than others

Posted May 18, 2020
    aaawesome and Skelebone247 like this.
  13. Slime does not need a nerf at all. Its good if you use it right like all the other kits.

Posted May 18, 2020
    Skelebone247 likes this.
  14. I think slime needs a nerf but not a drastic one. There are some kits that do counter it but Atoximed is wrong on slime as well. Slime is one of the easiest kits to use in the game and it allows an above average pub player to be competitive with a higher tier player. BUT I believe slime has a lower ceiling than most kits and kits like zombie and spider can beat it if they are good enough. When I was practicing zombie, when my ping wasn’t acting up like it has been lately, I was able to start to figure out most pub slimes and beat them pretty easily

Posted May 18, 2020
    ShipshapeMC and SpitefulNick like this.
  15. This argument has been disproven time and time again

Posted May 18, 2020
  16. I agree, Slimes are rlly op and NEED to be nerfed

Posted May 18, 2020
  17. Yeah lets nerf an easy to kill squid since Felspire is abusing it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 19, 2020
  18. I do have to say yes this is a great "free kit " but honestly please don't try and nerf another kit it fine the way it is now you can't just nerf a kit because it is a good kit for being free mineplex try's to make them even in a sense for power and ability so there has to be a balance.
    The triple jump you can learn to do that with any kit besides a small handful, and ya the slime rockets can do decent damage but the recharge evens out for that damage at least I think so ( now this may be me being bias but think there should be less recharge time for slime but that might just be me anyways hope it all works out in the end and the kit is not added to the kits I end up not liking because of being nerfed)

Posted May 19, 2020
  19. First of all, free kits do not have to be bad kits. Second, slime is actually one of my least favorite kits in the game due to their basically being only one ability. Slime slam damages YOU whenever you hit an enemy as well. Slime rocket is basically useless for the first 30 seconds after respawn due to having to wait for XP bar to charge up. If you loose hunger your size/hitbox gets bigger, giving you consequences for camping. Overall, slime is not a very good kit to begin with/ even less so needs a nerf. The only kit I could see getting a nerf is the creeper with Sulphur bomb and maybe its passive ability to deal less kb. Also, if you nerf all the kits the game takes longer and that isn't a good solution. Whats next, "lEtS nErF tHe wHiTcH aNd mAgMa cUbE"

Posted May 19, 2020,
    Last edited May 19, 2020
  20. I think that slime needs a little bit of a nerf. It's really annoying if I get hurt by slime rocket once and lose nearly half of my HP. And many people DO abuse slime. They just run and spam the rocket at you to stay small and it's so stupid. You can dodge it all you want, but the slime is still able to get more far away, or even charge at you with slime slam which just makes it worse. I tried out slime a few weeks ago and was basically some noob runner/spammer but I was still able to win against average players, including a creeper. This is a kit that is way too easy to abuse. You don't even need to do a lot to abuse it, you just need to spam a lot and have decent aim and prediction of where the person will go. With all that being said, it still is a little hard for newer players to pick it up so I don't think that slime needs a big nerf, but I still believe that some minor adjustments should be made.

Posted May 20, 2020
    chickEnugget and SpitefulNick like this.