• 1070 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10515 Players Online
  • 9445 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

If you were to add one ability to Champions, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Champions' started by Advil411, Dec 25, 2020.

1. I personally feel like the only class that needs a new ability is knight. While defensive stance is a powerful tool against rangers, it's overshadowed by hilt smash and riposte for close-quarters combat. A new passive A option for knights which makes them more resistant to arrows would help them to deal with being outranged while still allowing for them to fight melee enemies, I feel.

Posted Dec 25, 2020
    BurntCopy likes this.
  2. Not a new skill but a tweak to a current one, Shield Smash should totally work on all entities. Currently you can only wack players around but with this change you'd theoretically be able to smash an arrow out of the air. Or say a Mage casts a Lightning Orb at you, with Shield Smash you could easily just knock it back towards them.

This also brings out some interesting team strategies. You could buddy up with your mage and launch their Lightning Orbs or Ice Prisons to incredible ranges, though I bet this would be pretty hard to control.

Overall I don't think it would be a significant buff to what we currently have in the game though a tweak like this would be super fun to mess around with and occasionally let you clutch out some insane plays.

Posted Dec 25, 2020
  3. Smash Crystals

Posted Dec 25, 2020
  4. Hacks lol

(That was a joke mods, plz no ban)

Posted Dec 25, 2020
    yvuggu likes this.
  5. Smash crystals

Posted Dec 25, 2020
    Ryan9116 and yvuggu like this.
  6. Heyo!

Honestly, if I were to add one thing, I would re-add Quicky Recovery. I love ability based combat, and would love for my cooldowns to be reduced so you could see the revival of things like Immolate Mage with Static Lazer, back from years ago when that used to be meta. That was my favorite era of Champions PvP.

However, if I were to incorporate something new, Knight doesn't have any movement related abilities that give it a leap like ability, so I'd want to incorporate an ability called Silent Blitz, where it silences abilities for 1-3 seconds based on level. This would bring Knight back into the spotlight, and make it much more versatile. It would make you move similar to how a Brute's Takedown works, but with instead of a slow, there is just a silence.

-n2l

Posted Dec 26, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  7. ASSASSIN ALARM - TO TAKE DOWN THE TRYHARD ASSASSINS!

Posted Dec 26, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  8. Omg yes quick rec
    This is NEEDED no questions asked

As for my ability, I’d like a tornado skill, which does little dmg but can essentially drag and drop enemies /w a 4 second duration (kinda like a rupture that drags and carries things with it) and throws them backward when the move’s duration is over.

The skill’s damage and speed scales per level, with cooldown scaling the opposite way.

Kinda wanted this to be a control through displacement kind of thing.

Posted Dec 27, 2020
  9. I like this idea a lot! It could be really fun, and possibly deflecting arrows back at rangers or at their teammates could make for some interesting counterplay as well.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 29, 2020
  10. I like the idea of quick recovery being added back. That being said, it could potentially make for some near-broken interactions.

As it is right now, pin down 4 gives slowness 4 for 7 seconds, while only having a 9 second cooldown. Players have a 2 second window to dodge the next pin down, which is plenty of time because it's a hard ability to hit.

Let's say quick recovery 3 gives 15% cool down reduction, lowering the cooldown from 9 seconds to 7.65. This gives players a HALF SECOND window to dodge pin down if they don't want to be stun locked. Surely you'll agree that that's a little ridiculous.

I really miss quick recovery but adding it back would require some re-balancing that could potentially make a few abilities harder to use without it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 29, 2020
  11. the ability to make edaters get banned

Posted Jan 6, 2021
  12. I've always imagined a skill that could help progress your team's game score rather than enhance mobility, PvP, etc.

I call the skill "Tactician". It would be a global passive available to all kits. The skill costs 3 skill tokens and is a one time purchase but helps your team immensely. The skill passively gains points for your team (2 point increment every 2 seconds).

The skill also increases the time to capture points by 15%. Gems give an extra 20 points.

Posted Jan 17, 2021
  13. tweak Illusion --> Lasts forever until killed

Posted Jan 17, 2021