• 982 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3066 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

IF you could add a rule, alter a rule, and delete a rule, what would they be?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DeathmondKittyTheKing08, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Title

Posted Oct 9, 2019
    Mystic 0440 likes this.
  2. As far as in-game goes, I would definitely like to alter the severity of auto-armor if I was going to change anything. I've always been of the opinion that it gives an unfair advantage that deserves more than a 1 day punishment to start. A player can go from leather armor to full diamond in a split second which is truly unfair. However, my opinion isn't shared with the rest of RC.

If I was going to add a rule, I would include using blocks in Turf Wars to remain on the enemies side as map exploiting. It's super annoying in my opinion for players to be on the other team's side by using blocks when they aren't supposed to be able to. The game isn't intended to be that way and it does give an advantage in my opinion since the game mechanics automatically shoot you up in the air. It essentially helps dodge arrows for you and gives you a height advantage for shooting other players.

I'm not sure if I would remove any of the rules that we currently have. All of them really have a purpose and I don't think any are unnecessary.

With the forums, I would love to modify the post boosting rule. We were definitely too strict about post boosting on the Enjin forums, so when we switched to Xenforo, the rule was changed. However, I feel we are too lenient now. I think that change could come in the future for us to find a middle ground between the two. There are a lot of posts that are unnecessary, but we can't do anything about because it doesn't meet the requirements that we currently have for post boosting.

A rule that I would like added to the forums is again more of including an action under an already existing offense. I think we should warn players for general rudeness when they are deliberately calling out players for hacking in-game. Sure, there are times where it could be in a joking manner, but a lot of the time it is an attempt to ruin someone's reputation. They may or may not be a hacker, but they shouldn't be called out for it excessively on the forums in my opinion.

Also with the forums, I'm not sure any of the rules have a reason to be removed. They all serve their purpose and that's just kind of how it goes. We make rules as we see fit based on what happens with our player base. There is a reason for each rule that was encountered in the past or the rule itself wouldn't have been implemented.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  3. How do you create a thread? I forgot how to. I feel dumb

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  4. Click on a category that you want your thread to be in for example let's say you want to make a giveaway. Click on the Giveaway category then Click on a orange rectangle that says "Post New Thread".

Hope this helped if it didn't then feel free to PM me and I will try to get back to you ASAP.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  5. Add Rule: Dragon AFKers on bedrock have their XP wiped and removed levels from their account for cheating. On Java they have it but not on bedrock and people just come and go unpunished and get to level 100 without doing any work here on bedrock.

Alter Rule/ Remove Rule: Mini Modding- tbh I don’t understand why some people have received warnings for it while other people have done the exact thing and go unpunished so really I just need it to be clarified.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  6. Malicious glitch abuse should be distinct from non-malicious glitch abuse and should be harsher.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  7. Personally, I agree with @Fall that the line between game-breaking malicious bug exploiting and jokey/accidental exploits should be redefined. I also think that a Staff Targetting rule should be added, not just for killing them in games (as that's unfair to punish for) but for repeatedly being annoying, and also targetting/loopholing in lobbies, that is my least favourite thing as a Moderator!​

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  8. I'd remove the rule of malicious hacks to create fair gameplay.

Edit:
    IT is opposite day right? RIGHT?!?!

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  9. Add a rule: If someone breaks the same rule in game 4+ times, IP ban them. Clearly they aren't learning/don't care about the punishment or rules so get rid of them. Also not IP banning hackers makes it too easy for them to come back on alts. There are ways around IP bans absolutely but you'd filter out some of the newbie closet hackers who have no idea what they're doing.

Change a rule: Map and bug exploiting should be equal in severity to malicious hacking IMO. Both grant unfair advantages and can be equally hard to deal with. For example a fly hacker flying to an unreachable place and a map exploiter exploiting to get to an unreachable place, both are equally game breaking yet the exploiter just gets a slap on the wrist. Invincibility is invincibility regardless of the means by which it was achieved. Punish for the unfair advantage, not the means by which it was obtained. I don't care if you got it with a hacked client, I don't care if you got it by exploiting, I don't care if you got it by sacrificing a goat to a spaghetti monster, I care that you're hindering the enjoyment of innocent legit players.

Remove a rule: Any rule against bowspamming anywhere in any gamemode. Yes it can be annoying but it's a legitimate strategy. When a player keeps dying and expresses annoyance in pvp, many skill type players tell them to get good or leave. Yet these types of players often do exactly the same with bowspamming, complain or insult bowspammers rather than practicing to get better with their own bow. The entire argument about bowspamming is ridiculous IMO, losing in a game is something we all have to put up with at some point. When you die to a bowspammer, it's your turn. When you kill a bowspammer, it's theirs. If it's legit and fair, it shouldn't matter how they're trying to kill you, build up your own skills and formulate a strategy to counter them if you want to win so badly like you tell bad players to do. Personally I love being on the receiving end of bowspam 9/10 times, I just bow them straight back. Fastbow used to be my favorite hack and it still is, I still wish it was usable here. The satisfaction I gained for bowing down a fastbow hacker was immense. I used to go on patrol looking for them specifically just so I could kill them.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  10. uhhh I don’t think bowspamming is against the rules and it should never be.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  11. If I could add a rule I would make it so that if you troll your teammates ( intentionally trying to kill them through exploits, such as using a deploying platform to push a teammate off the edge in cake wars) you will be banned for a day.

If I could change a rule I would make all ghosting punishable instead of having most games excluded.

If I could remove a rule I would remove the rule on the forums about necro posting. While I can understand this rule it still is annoying and the fact that you can only post for 1 month after a thread has been created seems stupid.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  12. I mainly play on block hunt where there is no rule against bowspamming but I'm unfamiliar with many of the other gamemodes. If bowspamming isn't against the rules in any gamemode then read my point as a prevention of the implementation of said rule.
    I have seen many players who have spoken about wanting a rule like this.

As another player just reminded me with their own comment. I also believe ghosting in block hunt (giving hunters information about a hiders location and disguise while spectating) should be seen as a more severe offence. Its basically esp with another player instead of a hacked client. It accomplishes the same thing yet the punishments would be different. I also believe admitting to using client side hacks should be punishable. Admitting to esp and xray for example. I might not be able to catch video evidence of said hacks but I know how to butter somebody up for information. At least then I could do something about it.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  13. IP banning wouldn't really help, its way to easy to get around and would mainly hurt siblings of hackers.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  14. I agree, I think this would cause a lot of trouble in the community that is not needed.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  15. Then the sibling starts disliking the hacker and brings some irl consequences by complaining to their parents. Eventually the hacker will stop, move server or destroy the relationship they have with their sibling by continuing. The sibling is very likely to take it to parents sooner or later who are likely to intervene as the problem gets worse. That's a real punishment.
    The sibling should be able to appeal for their account and be given a chance, if their account then starts hacking then we know its either the same person or the sibling is just as bad.

Yes I'm aware it's easy to bypass ip bans but a lot of newbie hackers don't know how to. Especially young children who are more likely to regret their actions because of the ban. As I've said before there's no way to completely stop hackers but we can filter some of them out. Notably the first timers, being punished is more likely to effect those ones and makes a more effective deterrent.

It's no coincidence there are more hackers here than on other servers I've been on that actually do ip ban.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  16. Most of the hackers that have numerous alts also can get a vpn, it is easier to get a free vpn than it is to get multiple MC accounts.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  17. You didn't read my post properly.

I stated the ip bans would weed out the newbie hackers, the first timers and the people who don't know what they're doing. Yes more experienced hackers who know how to bypass ip bans will be mostly uneffected however the number of total hackers would still drop as those who don't know how to bypass ip bans would be dealt with. I also acknowledged that it's impossible to eliminate all hackers and I'm expecting nothing like that however any reduction in the number of them is an improvement and in the event of siblings being effected, it can and likely will cause irl consequences for the hacker to a greater or lesser extent.

This is my opinion of course, I have no control over the decisions and am merely responding to the OPs question however I have personally seen the difference ip bans make in the number of hackers. I believe games will be more enjoyable and friendlier with less hackers and my priority would be maintaining this over preventing siblings being banned, of course for a number of accounts claiming to be siblings I'd whitelist their accounts and give them a chance but the inconvenience of that will encourage them to discourage the hacker who caused them the inconvenience in the first place. You could say I prefer strategic solutions over emotional solutions.

One of the parties involved will be unhappy whether it's the legit players having to deal with too many hackers or the siblings of the hackers facing inconveniences as a consequence of the hackers actions. The siblings can do something about it irl, if they choose not to that's their problem. In that event the siblings are contributing by refusing to take action and I have no sympathy for them. They're on their own.

Of course I'm going to side with the majority of innocent players who want to reduce the number of hackers, rather than the ip address the problem is coming from in the first place. The hacker's sibling's problem can be solved by taking action to prevent the hacker from hacking which benefits the sibling and the rest of the server as a result. If the hacker still hacks then the destruction of the relationship between them and their siblings is their own fault. I'm sure their parents would love to hear about how their son/daughter cares more about cheating in a block game than them.

Edit: Autocorrect, typing on mobile.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
    Mitchy and Korben2005 like this.
  18. Alright. So since this thread got some attention - I should probably do mine.
    Add a rule: Uhhh... I'll have one evantually - right now, I don't know.
    Look at the message below this one - apparentely crossteaming isn't a rule and it definitely should be.
    Alter a Rule: Lower the severity of the rule where you can't advertise your Discord server or change it to that you can advertise Discord, YT, etc. but not much. Like you can't be posting "Join my server!" everywhere, but you can at least put it in your signature without being banned.
    Delete a rule: I haven't been on MP recently to remember all of the many that I believe should be deleted, but here's one: Mini-modding. There's more... But I cannot remember them currently
    Edit: Hacksuating is another I would delete - warning other people about a hacker shouldn't be bannable. I understand why it is THERE, but still, c'mon.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 25, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 25, 2019
  19. Creating a team with an opponent player should be a rule.

Posted Oct 25, 2019
  20. Wait -crossteaming ISN'T A RULE?! That needs to be one - like right now, it's super annoying when that happens

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 25, 2019