• 397 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6168 Players Online
  • 5771 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

If you’ve Traveled any time this Year, Where? If Not This Year, Where and When? If Not At All, Why

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kindnessaj, Dec 6, 2021.

1. YEAH YEAH I KNOW IT'S NOT CHRISTMAS YET BUT REGARDLESS, if you've traveled somewhere this year where did you travel, and if it wasn't this year then where and when, and of course, if you didn't at all and feel comfortable sharing why not. Me? Well, I remember that this summer I went to Florida and met some cousins where we played a whole bunch of video games and went to a waterpark. Here we actually had a lot of fun, though I spent most of my time in the lazy river and the tide pool. This was pretty significant because it was actually not as slide intensive as I usually spend my day in a waterpark but it was mainly cause the rest of my family actually wanted to do other things and my sister who was chaperoning me actually just didn't want as much action and any of the stronger rides had a ridiculous 1-2 hour line. I mean, either way, I guess I had fun, and since I knew how to swim and their tide pool actually went past my height I had some fun going to the deeper ends when the tides weren't coming at me making it harder to swim.

Posted Dec 6, 2021
  2. just got back home from going to a funeral 2 states away

Posted Dec 6, 2021
  3. Sadly the pandemic has sort of deterred me from making any big plans. I almost went to Vancouver with a friend of mine but the timing wasn't right, much of BC had still been shut down and both my friend and I only just got our first doses so it wasn't ideal. Luckily Air Canada gave us full refunds. I have done some small road trips within a few hours of where I live which has honestly been nice as it has given me some appreciation for what's more local, rather than always seeking some big adventure far away like I would before the pandemic. With that said, I went to Montreal about 10 times since June to visit friends and family, as well as for leisure. Next week I'm going to the United States for the first time since March 2020 and in February I'll be going to Florida to visit my mom who is moving there for the winters as she's retiring.

Posted Dec 6, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  4. travelled to europe this summer for my sisters wedding and just to tour around a bit! unfortunately a new guideline the US administered ended up getting me and my family stuck in france for a month :/. so it wasn’t the best experience on that note but it’s ok!! i’m home and safe now at least :relieved:

Posted Dec 7, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  5. Taiwan before 'Nov 2015 for a family trip. Tagged along to be a glutton and tourist. Highly recommend doing the research before going. Lots of food shows introducing street food in Taiwan. Cheap and good are all featured. I get to save money by not traveling!

Posted Dec 7, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  6. I went on a road trip to the western United states this June. Our final destination was Utah so we could see my parents families. But we stopped at a lot of cool places on the way. We went to St. Louis, then we went do Dodge City in Kansas and saw a gunfight (it was actors no one actually died) and then we went somewhere in Colorado called Alamosa and that place was my favorite. They have these giant sand dunes near mountains with a small stream at the bottom and it reminded me of the beach. After that we made it to Utah and spend 3 days in the south. On one of the days we went to visit an old western ghost town in the mountains. Then we left and spent 3 days up in the north part of the state where me and my brother went to an amusement park called Lagoon and on a different day we went to an aviation museum and saw a LOT of cool planes that were used by the military. Going back home was less eventful than going to utah, we made stops at hotels but didnt really do anything else.

It was a really fun trip and I'm glad we got to go!

Posted Dec 7, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  7. I went to Tennessee over summer. I posted some photos on the forums earlier from that also. That post is located here

Posted Dec 7, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  8. we travel often so yes

only thing that was actually abroad and interesting enough of a place for me to mention is we visited mallorca (spain) 5 times this year. we made some incredible friends who work in a nice 4 star hotel we like to go to, and i have family who live out there so i spent a month with them as usual for my summers.

i spent a month there during covid last year so a little less covid this year wasn’t gonna stop me

Posted Dec 7, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  9. During the summer I went to Vermont, where I stayed at my godparent's lake house! It was beautiful and I miss it. That's really all I went to this year, but next year I'm planning on going to London for like a week :)

Posted Dec 7, 2021
    Kindnessaj and Cepheus like this.
  10. i've went a couple places this year actually, one big trip 4hr+ drive to and island which i love so much!! and also i took a with family to the edges of Ohio, Kentucky, west Virginia, for important reasons, and much more :)

Oh also i went to an aquarium which was absolutely awesome!! there were so many awesome animals there and it was super fun ^^

Posted Dec 7, 2021
    Kindnessaj and CatFan105 like this.
  11. I sadly haven’t travelled much this year besides to like small towns near me, even though travelling the worlds my dream!

Posted Dec 7, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  12. Unfortunately haven't traveled much this year the last because of covid, so I've only gone to Poland to visit my family, where we never really travel around sadly.

I hope to explore the world, there are many places I would like to go, both for leisure or for learning. At some point in my life I also plan to travel with the mission of finding a country I would like to stay in permanently, as I don't want to stay in Ireland forever.

Just some of the places I would like to travel to include Mexico, the US, Ghana, Greece, Peru, Japan, Korea, and Greenland. I have plans in mind for exactly what I want to do/see in each.

Posted Dec 8, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  13. I think you need to write this down somewhere or keep it on the record because you'll likely forget a few of the interesting things you wanted to do at each place. Or do you already have that? XD

Posted Dec 8, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  14. Already have, I have a physical bucket list with all these sorts of things!

Posted Dec 8, 2021
    Trebien and Kindnessaj like this.
  15. I really wanna visit Barcelona and New York, since I love to look at buildings/ cities. I am always fascinated how these amazing buildings are made in real life and how people come up with the shapes and compositions etc.

This is also the reason why I am a main Structure builder xD.

Oh and I would like to visit other cities/ countries that have cool structures or cities. :)

Posted Dec 8, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  16. I've been lucky and was able to travel quite a bit. We've visited the Caribbean, parts of Europe, and a few states in the US. This upcoming summer I'm looking forward to going back to Europe on a trip where a couple of my buddies and I travel around different countries for a few weeks. I'm also excited to go to Japan in the spring!

Posted Dec 8, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.