• 1578 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1578 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

If lunar client made a 1.12 version of the client,does that mean mineplex could update to 1.12?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by THE_JD, Sep 4, 2020.

1. I heard that lunar client was for the past 3 mouth+, working on "working on making Lunar compatible with the latest versions of Minecraft.

Does that mean mineplex can update to 1.12 as long as they keep 1.8 combat?

They could cross versions by loading the server in 1.12 then installing a 1.8 combat plugin for sword blocking if they want and other 1.8 combat.

1.12 is thought to be the best version for modding and here's some evidence: 2b2t stayed in 1.12 because of the fact that 1.13+ was too unstable.

1.12 may not be as stable as 1.8, but its still stable enough for a server as large as 2b2t.
    Bref, they can still make it so that shields have a chance to absorb 50 % and a chance to block 100%
    One more thing: they can also not force everyone suddenly into 1.12, but gradually update to 1.12

First,they can make it so only certain blocks are 1.12,the rest is 1.8

Posted Sep 4, 2020
  2. Currently, Mineplex is compatible with all the recent versions, so you would still be able to join Mineplex with 1.12 if you choose to do so. However, I don't think it is possible to have 1.8 combat with 1.12 features, and I would not be the biggest fan of completely switching over to 1.9+ PvP.

Posted Sep 4, 2020
  3. there a plugin that readds 1.8 combat such as snowball knockback,spam clicking,etc into a let's say 1.12 world

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 4, 2020
  4. you cant add other mods with lunar
    just because its unstable doesnt mean its worse for modding and 1.8.9 is more stable than 1.12
    1.8.9 pvp with shields just wouldnt work

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  5. I think the main issue with this is simply that shields would complicate PvP too much. If you implement shielding to PvP then fighting will be jagged and slower. You'll have people blocking half the time, or people who will run in for a few hits and then block, the ability to get someone in a combo through actual skill can be countered if you implement shielding. Besides, 1.8 is generally more stable than any other version after it. There's just no need for Mineplex to switch over to 1.12 since there's nothing wrong with the current version Mineplex is made on.

Posted Sep 4, 2020
  6. wdym stable server?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 4, 2020
  7. make it on 1.12 with 1.8 combat via plugin and make it so it only affect blocks,not combat or items
    the archon is on 1.12 with 1.8 combat meaning if u log with 1.12+ client, u will see 1.9+ blocks but if u log on 1.8, just try to log on 1.16 survival with 1.8 and u'll see what i am talking about

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 4, 2020
  8. meaning sword blocking and 1.8 combat will be unaffected

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 4, 2020
  9. with a plugin that remakes all of 1.8 combat mechanics, combat will be unaffected even for 1.9+ clients

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 4, 2020
  10. Bref,1.12 uis the most stable recent version for servers i think

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 4, 2020
  11. hon hon hon, mais que voici, un fin connoisseur de la plus belle langue :)

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    iOrangey likes this.
  12. Regardless of whether Lunar updates past 1.8 or not, I still don't think Mineplex will be able to move past the version. It's really all about the PvP aspect; the main reason the server's holding back is because of the better PvP mechanics. I myself prefer the 1.8 combat system and would be pretty upset if Mineplex updated completely, and I think the majority of the community can agree with that. Unless it's possible to have the 1.8 PvP system in a 1.12+ version and have the server's coding still be stable, I don't think it'll work out in the end. If something can be done about that, though, then I would love to see Mineplex update - there are a ton of cool things that could be added, such as new SSM mobs.

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    hkq likes this.
  13. lunar client is spyware kthxbye

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    Clownzeh likes this.
  14. sword blocking was removed in 1.12 which would ruin pvp just for the sake of even more lag and blocks

Posted Sep 5, 2020
  15. Yes,it is possible via a plugin that when u r click with a sword,it gives u a shield and mineplex will only update some of the blocks, combat will be completely unaffected.

1.12 apprenly has better fps than 1.8 so...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 5, 2020
  16. You can't just recreate the 1.8 pvp in 1.12. The plugins you mentioned are only trying to mimic the old behavior.

Posted Sep 5, 2020
    hkq and Gardening_Tool like this.
  17. lmao is this actually a thread

Posted Sep 5, 2020
    iOrangey and SylomerIsTaken like this.
  18. im talking about the lag on mineplex not your lag

Posted Sep 5, 2020
  19. Thearchon server does exactly that meaning if u log on 1.8, u still sword block but the 1.12 blocks,well
    just log on a 1.16 survival srv that is comparatible with 1.8 and u'll see that e.g kelp in 1.8 is grass

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 5, 2020
  20. form my personnal exp, in 1.8 1.12 concrete would be bricks

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 5, 2020