• 2227 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4806 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned If IP banning isn't an option add something similar...

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by JovanYT_, Jan 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Now I know IP will not happen, but maybe you could make GWEN target a player after they join on an IP that has been banned let's say three times before. this doesn't seem like a bad idea and I don't really see any negative side effects.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  2. I'm not sure what you mean by "target" a player. GWEN is constantly watching every player and logs every suspicious movement they make.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  3. I mean constantly be around them like it's around me. There probably isn't a single moment when GWEN isn't behind me. IT would probably ban me the second I turned on some sort of hack. That's obviously not the case with other players. It should also constantly target new players but only for a couple of minutes.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 16, 2020
  4. Hey there!

So what you're suggesting is that Gwen should follow a new player after the previous account was banned for hacks? Gwen is watching every player for suspicious activity, so I don't see what the problem is. Gwen isn't more slow to check new players for hacks compared to the old players. There's no difference.

You're also saying that if an IP punishment isn't an option, then add something else. I think that the punishment for hacking is good as it is now. Yes, it's destroying the game for all of us, but I've recently noticed that Gwen seems to be catching more hackers more accurately than before, and it's hard for a crazy hacker to walk free on the server without getting banned.

To summarize, I don't think that it's necessary to add this feature that you suggested. Gwen is watching over everyone for hacks.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  5. First of all, there isn't a banning option similar to the IP ban. There is 3 type of ban method(As far as I know) 1. Normal Ban(Temporary and permanently) 2. IP ban 3. Hardware ban(Hardware is similar to the IP ban but the large game company's for example Valve(Csgo) Apex Legends etc. Use Hardware ban method so there isn't a similar option to IP ban).

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  6. I cannot elaborate much on how GWEN can "target" a specific player but there is another path to implement this feature. Something GWEN already does is alert staff members of potential cheaters. Although I am not a staff member myself, those automated GWEN messages should be more noticeable (preferably in a different colour, font, or have effects with it) than regular ones, informing them a different account from an IP that has received a ban on one of the other accounts. Staff will observe those players with a larger eye, knowing they can potentially be alting.

+0.5

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Jan 16, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 16, 2020
  7. If what you are talking about is the NPC that flies around you during games, then, that NPC is flying around all players, whenever they are in combat, as Vytas said above.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  8. Hey!
    IP banning like you said won't be happening at least for now or as far as I'm concerned. I'm confused on what you mean by have Gwen target a player... Like others have stated Gwen tracks every player at every moment and looks out for suspicious activity. Gwen alerts staff if it picks up on anything and sometimes Gwen will punish if it suspects something. I feel like the idea you are suggesting is already implemented because Gwen already does follow someone who logged onto same Ip as a banned player, because like I said Gwen watches all. Hopefully this helps!

Posted Jan 16, 2020
    Fluuuf likes this.
  9. Hey!

I will humor your personification of the anti-cheat system, as it does make it easier to understand. GWEN isn't an entity that is always behind you or always watching you, contrary to the alert messages that appear regularly in chat. GWEN is watching everyone (not to make it creepier or anything) for suspicious activity and if she notices any in the field of thousands of players that could be on the server, a staff member will be informed.

I agree with you saying that GWEN should target players that have re-joined the server on the same IP as a banned account, but if this is already a feature as outlined by @Epicbuilder435 then hopefully it shouldn't be an issue. If she notices suspicious activity - which will probably be heightened on an alternate account as the player's actions will be blatant - then she will automatically punish them either way.

The thought that went into your post is great and this is exactly what we need on the server, so keep it up! However, if it already exists that there is a better chance of an offender's alternate account being punished, then there shouldn't be too much to worry about.

Posted Jan 17, 2020
  10. This really is not possible. As you said, IP banning just is not happening, which has been confirmed by our Leadership team. However, there is no way for us to make GWEN "target" a player more often just because they are banned on their alternate accounts. GWEN watches all players at all times equally, so it can't just watch someone more than others. Staff have different ways to see these GWEN alerts when a suspected cheater is hacking, but we really just cannot make it where one person is targeted "more" than another.

Posted Jan 23, 2020
  11. Thread Moved >> General Idea Discussion
    Like mentioned above, IP banning has been repeatedly brought up and denied by LT. It won’t ever be implemented due to the problems that would arise from it.
    As for your suggestion, like @jxcb | weary_face has discussed, GWEN already follows each player equally and will detect any suspicious activity. GWEN following a specific player more than others wouldn’t really do much. The anti-cheat will send us alerts for any player it deems suspicious.
    I’m going to go ahead and lock this thread as the the alternative idea wouldn’t work with our current anti-cheat. And IP banning of course, will never happen as it has been denied by LT in the past.

Posted Jan 23, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 23, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.