• 2953 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13030 Players Online
  • 10077 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion If add solo mod to cake wars pls not remove duo mod from cake wars

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by nadav1112, Mar 30, 2020.

?

Agree?

1. Yea

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Listen guys much people’s want to replace cake wars duo on solo and it’s good idea but it’s good idea to not remove duo. Listen cake wars have enough players it’s not gonna spilts the community if it will be 3 mods yesterday when it was 5k players on mineplex 800 of them play cake wars. and yes lot play duo I play duo yesterday with friend and if it will be removed people’s can play with one friend only togheter I think 3 players mod and solo mod should be added

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  2. Yeah I think solo cake wars would be a great addition to the game, I also agree with not removing the current gamemodes, as there is a lot of people who only have one other friend online at the time and since there's often parties of 4 in to4 cake wars I don't think playing that is an option, solo cake wars though would be in my opinion a great addition to the server, completely agree with you, good job on the great idea.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  3. Yes duo is good

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 30, 2020
  4. I think trio should add too

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 30, 2020
  5. Truth is i like soloing duo most of the time because you get more kills etc but sometimes there are players better than me so i cant just 2v1. Solo would be a great addition while not replacing duos though

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  6. We can't have Solo and Duo Cakewars. The playerbase is already split up between two versions of the game. If you add a third, that will split it up even more and make games hard to start. I personally think Solo Cakewars should replace Duo Cakewars all together.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  7. Agreed. Having 3 CW gamemodes has mbeen denied by Leadership - there will not be duos and solos at the same time. And personally, out of the two, I'd choose solos. Duos is still a team game - it's not all that dissimilar to standards, which may be a reason why it's very unpopular compared to standards.

However, solos is, well, a solo game, completely unlike standards, and so if it were to replace duos, some standards players may play solos for a different playstyle, equalising the playerbases between the two gamemodes.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  8. They could make it so that the two "side" versions (or even three if they want to add trio's) of CW are cycled every few days/weeks. They could then look at the number of players that play each, to decide if it'd be worth it to eliminate one of them, introduce both at the same time, or continue with the cycling.
    This would allow duo players to play duos some of the time, solo players to play solo's some of the time, and the player base to remain the least divided.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    KerbalBoy likes this.
  9. I agree with having both duo's and solo, but they probably will just decide to get rid of duos since the poll on discord said to replace duo's. I usually queue for duo's by myself, but I also love to play with people on my friends list if their on and I enjoy helping people get achievements who need help, and i don't enjoy having to play standard without a 3 to 4 person party, so even though I play by myself often, I do really want to keep duo's, but sadly they probably won't. Also all my duos stats will probably not matter anymore, even though i was working on getting it better. Hope you have a nice day.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  10. The problem with a solo mode is that if there are hackers and they don't get kicked from the game then they are going to win every time. If its a fly hack they will be kicked but if its PvP hacks, resource hacks, speed hacks, or other hacks, what are the odds of them getting kicked? PvP hacks, resource hacks, speed hacks, or other hacks don't usually get kicked for hacking. It sounds good but as I said before the issues for Bedrock's GWEN aka Anti Cheat detector which doesn't always kick hackers. The Bedrock Dev Team would have to put a stronger filter for Bedrock Edition but Java Edition has a stronger filter compared to Bedrock.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  11. Thread Moved to New Game Discussion
    I’m against adding both a trios version of cakewars and a solo version of cakewars. That would be 4 different versions, and I think that’s just too many modes, even if it doesn’t spilt the playerbase, it’s just a lot and unnecessary in my opinion. With trios, I feel like a group of 3 people would be fine playing on Standard mode with just one extra teammate. I did it yesterday and it worked out fine.

Im personally hoping duos does get replaced with solo. In the future, I wouldn’t mind seeing both a duos and solo version of cakewars though. Maybe not right at the moment, if duos does get replaced, it would be better to see how solo cakewars does on it’s own. But if it’s successful and we’re able to maintain a consistent playerbase, I wouldn’t mind seeing both versions implemented. I’m just not a fan of trios.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Truthhs and SpitefulNick like this.
  12. The main reason that the server has more players than it usually does, is because of the Covid-19 pandemic. I understand that cake wars is a very loved game by the community, but cakewars duos doesn't do nearly as well as cakewars standards in terms of player count. If we kept duos, and added solos, this might split the player base. While that might be fine right now, with the new influx of players, in the future this might be a bad decision. The majority of the players would prefer to have a solo game mode over a duos game mode for cake wars. I also think that trios would not be a good idea, either, for the same reasons listed above. Additionally, you can play as a trio in standard cake wars, like @510bike mentioned above.

Nothing is set in stone, and the player count may stay where it is at. Only the future will tell. But for now, I think the most informed decision would be to either leave duos, or replace it with solo, instead of creating more game modes than there needs to be.

Posted Mar 31, 2020
  13. Hey!
    Overall, this is definitely a major topic of conversation at the moment. I personally believe that having a solo version of Cake Wars could be super beneficial. I feel that enough of the Cake Wars player base that plays solo that this mode would be popular. I know that I personally play Cake Wars alone all the time and having a solo mode would be really fun for players in similar situations. This way you're not relying on teammates and also aren't facing 4v1 situations. I honestly would really like to see a solo version of the game added to the network. The biggest issue that I feel would come from adding a solo mode would be in terms of maps. Currently there are two different versions of each map made for Cake Wars: one for standard and one for duos. I feel that if a solo mode were added, that an 8 person game would be perfect. That way the maps used for duos could be reused, and you do not have to worry about 15 other players potentially rushing you. I think that an 8 person solo version of Cake Wars would make an excellent addition to Mineplex.
    As for the removal of duos, I am on the fence, but I feel that removing duos may be for the best. I understand that duos has been a longstanding mode of the game on the network and has a fairly consistent player base. I also understand that there is an issue with teams of two. When you only have a two person team, you wouldn't want to play solo, but you may also not want to be assigned another two people for your team. My main issue with keeping duos would be, as other people have mentioned, a potential split in the player base. Stretching the player base over three different modes could be detrimental, leading to way longer wait times and a potential lack of interest in the game as a whole. For this reason I feel that removing duos, and only keeping one team mode would be for the best. This way the Cake Wars player base won't be divided over multiple gamemodes. For this reason, I also feel that trios shouldn't be added, as this would further divide the player base.
    Overall, I feel that adding a solo version of Cake Wars would be a great addition to the network, however I feel that this mode should replace duos, as having three modes could stretch the player base too thin. For that reason I also feel that a trios version should not be added; -1 from me.

Posted Mar 31, 2020