• 1280 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9718 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Ideal Career

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AyyNick, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Hi everyone!

I thought why not make an Off-Topic thread today regarding Careers. My question for you today is what is your ideal career pathway, and why? It's okay if you don't know what you want to study/pursue in the future, just reply with your interests instead, or a possible career you might consider.

In the future, I want to study Forensic Science and become either a Forensic Psychologist or a Forensic Investigator. I absolutely love crime shoes, and I enjoy debunking mysteries. I am more interested in how to analyse crime scenes, including taking fingerprints, matching blood spatter to a weapon, and checking the suspect's body for clues. It does get quite gory, but my great auntie was a detective for 40 years and she has been an inspiration, and I guess the job has always just appealed to me! As for possibly becoming a Forensic Psychologist, I am very interested in the human mind, and specifically, what motivates certain people to do. It becomes very interesting when investigating crimes because you get to talk to possible suspects, which I admit working so close with criminals may be scary, but it is what interests me!

Let me know below what interests you, and what you would like to become/study for when you leave school!

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Segwat and Dinnersaur_ like this.
  2. Tbh, even though I'm 12, I think about this often. I don't want to be someone underneath another person in a business, I wanna be self ran. I want to be a artist, musician, youtuber, or video game developer. While I know I still have several years to go I've already started working on some of these. I currently have a YouTube channel with 75 subs, and I'm working on a huge game on scratch (no spoilers). But ya, I guess I just want to work with my creativity. Here on mineplex for both the experience and to help the community and future of mineplex, I also plan to try and get trainee at some point.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    GAM and AyyNick like this.
  3. I grew up wanting to be a doctor, but that’s probably only because I watched Grey’s Anatomy literally all the time (lol)! When I was a freshman in high school (grade 9) I joined a club called mock trial, which is basically just acting out a court case. I fell in love with law after that, and now my dream is to become a lawyer! I’m probably going to end up studying political science or psychology in college. The best thing about law school is that you can study anything you want in undergrad.

By the way, I’m a huge fan of true crime as well! I’m a total fangirl for Buzzfeed Unsolved x)

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  4. Personally, I'm looking into more of a technical career of some sorts aiming to do something regarding coding. I'm currently studying things like Java and a couple of other languages however I'm not really good at it but I'm sure I'll get better soon. As of why I was interested in something like that is because, one, it's a good-paying career, and two, I've been using computers for more than half of my life. Nothing else really interests me so I'm sure this is what I want to do and I'll be sure to pursue it to the best of my ability. I remember one time I was in around grade 4 and the teacher asked me what I wanted to be and out of everyone else saying things like doctor, veterinarian, astronaut, and so on. I said the thing I was researching which was a computer software engineer. Sure, it's in the path that I'm currently looking at right now but I'm still looking into it debating what I should do but it's certainly something I'm thinking of doing.

-Enigma

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  5. To be honest, with college approaching I'm starting to think that none of the common jobs would be enjoyable for me. That is why I would ideally like to be an electronic music producer, equipped only with the essentials and traveling around the world, and then settle where I'd want to. Unfortunately, considering how much money I would need for that it's unlikely that I will pursue a such path. There are a few school subjects that I'm kind of interested in, mostly geography, computer science and chemistry, so there are obviously some choices, it's just that I'm unsure whether I would enjoy being in these fields.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  6. I've changed my mind many times since I had to take a careers class in middle school. Right now, I'm thinking that a job in computer programming would be nice, although I'm not really sure what exactly. I can't be more specific because I don't know and I'll probably change my mind again by the time the year is up. My dad wants me to be an economist though so lol. He teaches management and organizational behavior at a university so he's one of those people.

I actually used to be really interested in forensic investigation. I always like a good mystery show or book and problem solving is one of my better attributes. Not only that, but I really like dissecting things so the blood isn't a problem for me at all. And if I get the opportunity to hack open a body, that's a bonus!

Ummmm.... yeah ok now yall probably think I have something wrong with me

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  7. Well ideally you'd like to get into a line of work that you're passionate about and enjoy doing. I'm glad to hear that you've got an idea of what you want to be in the future and that you even have a family member who was in the same line of work to inspire you, that's actually really cool! Personally, I'd love to get into something related to computers because I grew up around them and am pretty knowledgeable when it comes to fixing faults etc.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  8. Save money from my job and wait to buy equipment to start a YT channel :p

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  9. rapper

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  10. After college(I don't know what degree I want to go for, either something related to law or computer science) I want to go to law school. After that I want a very brief law career(probably ten years) after that I want to go into politics via Congress or as governor of Georgia. After that, I hope to run for the presidency and win. I want to go into politics because it's just been a goal of mine since i was 6 and that dream never really faded or gone away. I just always find it to be the most exciting field

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Jango_55 and AyyNick like this.
  11. Honestly, my answer for this can change daily, depending on what I see or do. Currently, I am thinking about becoming a Website developer, I have always found that interesting. I am also considering going into an engineering field, preferably with software development or something along those lines. I haven't really settled on what I want to do yet. Thankfully I still have a few years to think about it.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  12. I have a keen interest in forensic science and law enforcement. It just intrigues me.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  13. Hey there!

Personally, I want to become a part of the Medical Field. There are several reasons to this, and these several reasons are:

- I enjoy cooperating with others
    - My dad is a Registered Nurse and I want to follow his path. He seems happy and his job is interesting.
    - I want to help individuals with their health and make them happy, along with their friends and family.
    - The Medical Field is interesting, I've learned so much about it throughout my life already.
    - The salaries are fair, and the outside benefits are great.

If for some reason the Medical Field doesn't work out for me, I'd like to do something with Film Creation. I enjoy shooting videos of anything that goes on, and I also enjoy recording video games. I'd like to say I'm a decent video editor, but recently I haven't been doing so much of it due to School.

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

:mineplex:

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  14. I'm thinking something in Law, genetics, CS or politics.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    rexh17 and AyyNick like this.
  15. Become a pro badminton player, make tons of money, retire, make a YouTube Chanel and get even richer then buy mineplex owner for 10 million dollars :D

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  16. Hello!
    Personally, I really enjoy computer science and knowing that a degree in it can provide well paying job opportunities does persuade me to persue it in the future, as I intend to do. I also love everything about music and was initially planning on majoring in musical performance on my instrument in college, until I realized the low income that may come from that. Either way, I love both pathways and whichever one life leads me down will always be correct!
    Thanks!

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    pzazz and AyyNick like this.
  17. Hey if things go well, become a decent minecraft youtuber

Posted Aug 27, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 27, 2019
    Mr_CLICKS, Kollu and AyyNick like this.
  18. Hi!

I already have my whole career planned out.

I’m still yet to finish my last year of secondary school where I do my final exams for things such as English, Maths and Science. After that I am going to go to college which is for 2 years, where I’m planning to study Maths, Geography and Biology.

After I finish school at 18, I’m going to go to work in Mallorca as a hotel entertainer at Zafiro Hotels (preferably in a place called Palmanova). It seems so fun and it’s such a dream of mine to work there. Zafiro is where I am at my happiest. It’s the best place in the world and it holds so many happy memories for me. I love getting to know new people, and being an entertainer means I would get to know new people every day! The only issue is I’m really bad with goodbyes, and entertainers have to do a lot of those too:(

Then once I finish being an entertainer, I’m going to come back to the UK and go to university to get a degree in Maths! Then I’m going to train to become a teacher of Maths for secondary schools. I’m planning to then work my way up the ranks of the school Staff team to become a member of the Senior Leadership Team and help with the recruitment of new staff into the school. I want to do that because I loooove Maths and I have always been one for wanting to teach people new things. I think education is an amazing gift that should be given by a teacher who is very capable of their job and able to do it to the highest degree!

So as you can see, I have it planned! I just hope everything goes to plan:)

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    Segwat and AyyNick like this.
  19. Hey there.

So after having just finished GCSEs, and obtaining the grades needed to start my sixth form courses (Maths, Physics, and DT), I'm looking to go into some sort of engineering in the future. If that doesn't work out, I could take Biology and Chemistry instead and consider studying Medicine.

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    TheProTroller, AyyNick and Yato like this.
  20. Wow, good on you AyyNick!
    Seems like some very complicated job/career that you want to follow when you grow up. When I grow older the two career paths that I would love to follow is either being an Electrician or a Police Officer. I'm only 15 years old right now so I guess what I would say is that my dreams are still pretty far away though there are still reachable

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Segwat and AyyNick like this.