• 1018 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10013 Players Online
  • 8995 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Idea to fix inappropriate builds in master builders.

Discussion in 'Master Builders' started by Angry_Balloon, Jun 8, 2019.

?

Do you agree with me?

1. Yes!

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Not really

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Me and many others probably love master builders, after all, I love building! But within this great game, there are some people who are lurking to ruin people’s fun... when I play I often see Of topic inappropriate builds, and I see a lack of a report button. I think it will add to the experience as a whole.

I feel like there should be a barrier block icon on the far right side to of the hot bar. When clicked, it would give you a list of players, select a player, then select the broken rule. (This could also be implemented into other games to).

The report of the build could go to an online staff member so they can review it, and decide if it’s bad or good. (I know this is a bad system, but my mane concern is that players who don’t have a forums account, can’t report a player.)

This is a short thread but I just wanted to get my thoughts out, so thanks for reading.

:mineplex:

- Angry_Balloon

Posted Jun 8, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 8, 2019
  2. This gets a little sloppy, you won't really have any evidence, and staff can get flooded. -1, I changed my mind.

Posted Jun 8, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 8, 2019
  3. I have a few questions...
    How are staff members going to know what was built when the viewing is not very long?

How are the people who inappropriately report player’s builds going to be handled?

Once reported, does anything happen to the build?

Does the report go directly to staff?

I find it much more effective for players to screenshot and report on the forums as it will ensure the player is punished. I recommend pairing multiple people in one report if doing each one single is too much. Also, with players falsely reporting others, this would take away from the parts of the server that really need to be monitored. (Flooding the system) I am sure the original report system was removed for a reason.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  4. Helllo, hello!

I'm personally averse to this idea because it would require too many resources to implement an effective method of retroactively moderating inappropriate builds. Additionally, having staff members evaluate every single build reported would be extremely time consuming and inefficient. I understand your concerns and think they're completely valid, but it seems like the best thing to do would be to formally submit a report here.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  5. @ClqssyOwl i agree to, but my main concern is that a lot of players don’t have a forums account, in which they can’t report a player (this occurs in all games). Servers like hypixel have a built in report system, but I understand your point of view. :sigils:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2019
  6. Like everyone has said above me it just wouldn't work. The only way this could possible work is if the report would save the build but this could easily be exploited to crash Mineplex's servers. I know it's a hard thing to say but people would need to create a forum account so the reports team can have evidence to punish a player. Since after every round of Master Builders the builds are removed this would make it impossible for the staff team to find evidence. For those that don't have a forum account it isn't really that hard to make one. It's their choice if they want to report them or not, and if they do want to report them and help the community then they will create a forum account. To close this statement I don't think it's impossible to have a system like this added. It would just need to be thought out very, very carefully.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  7. I agree

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  8. What @ClqssyOwl said above is that it will take lots of effort to implement the moderation builds in Master Builder. If you believe that they were breaking the rules, make sure you gather your evidence and submit it at https://www.mineplex.com/reports. You can try to contact the online staff members in-game, but it may be too late when the round is over. You can message them in Staff Request communities or message them in the lobby.

I will lock this thread as the questions have been answered.

Thread locked > Concern addressed

Posted Jun 9, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.