• 1046 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5111 Players Online
  • 4065 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned IDEA ranks DOUBLE XP

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SnowFox84, Jul 7, 2019.

1. I think the ranks were winning double of xp as well as getting double of shards, would be another advantage I think everyone would like, why not?

Posted Jul 7, 2019
  2. I don't think this will ever happen, it would just make levelling easier and I don't think that's a good idea. To top this, a level is upped by playing games, therefore, giving a boost of experience because of rank would be against the EULA.

Posted Jul 7, 2019
  3. As @natesbait said, I doubt that will ever happen. Levelling will become to easy and it will be unfair then. This is also going against the EULA as a level should be upped by playing games not getting boosts of experience because of a rank. Lastly, this idea thread of yours is in the wrong section, it should be in the "General Idea Discussion" section.

Posted Jul 7, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  4. Posted Jul 11, 2019
  5. There already are a lot of advantages coming with each of the ranks, so there's already an increase in shards after a game is played. I personally don't think that adding a double xp/rewards will be fair as it means that users with ranks are levelling up at twice the rate others are.

It's a good idea, but I don't think it will be implemented on the server any time soon

As this is an idea thread, i've moved it from the help to general ideas section of the forums

Posted Jul 11, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 11, 2019
  6. If this were to happen, it would give an unfair advantage to the players that grind for that xp and aren't a rank. All of the ranks have great advantages, and I don't think they need more.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  7. [QUOTE = "PandaFyre, post: 190378, membro: 366"] Já existem muitas vantagens em cada um dos ranks, então já há um aumento de shards + gems depois que um jogo é jogado. Eu pessoalmente não acho que adicionar um xp / recompensas será justo, já que significa que os usuários com ranks estão aumentando o dobro da taxa que os outros estão.

É uma boa ideia, mas não acho que ela será implementada no servidor tão cedo

Como este é um tópico de ideias, mudei-o da seção de ajuda para ideias gerais dos fóruns [/ QUOTE]

Does the ranks have double gems?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2019
  8. Ranks only get added shards, not gems or xp because those would be considered pay 2 win.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  9. The levels have absolutely no effect on game play. You can be a level 0 player and still have access to all of the kits and abilities that our server provides provided you pay for them with gems and/or earn them by gaining the achievements. Having a high level provides nothing more than cosmetics, like level colors, more loot chests, etc. A level is literally just a number next to your name, thus is considered a cosmetic as it does not give you access to extra gems, it does not give you access to special kits, it does not give you access to special game abilities, and it does not give you access to anything that has to do with the game play on ANY of the Mineplex mini games. Thus, being able to level up easier based on a paid rank is not going against the server EULA. You do not win anything with a high level, other than a triple digit number next to your name that can change color. The level system is not a feature that interferes with game play. The level system grants players access to exclusive cosmetics and bragging rights, both of which are in no way associated with the actual game play of any mini games here on Mineplex, and thus do not go against the EULA.
    Please refer to THIS OFFICIAL MOJANG WEBSITE for information regarding general FAQs regarding the EULA and to view the OFFICIAL MOJANG EULA, the BRAND AND ASSETS GUIDELINES and the COMMERCIAL USAGE GUIDELINES (or just click those links) for more information. Also, please, if you would like to argue against my points, describe specifically how a level interferes with the game play of Mineplex mini games.
    As stated by Mojang, "the Commercial usage guidelines state that you may sell cosmetic items, except for “capes”, if the item sold does not give a user an unfair gameplay advantage over anyone else on the server." thus defining the definition of a cosmetic. An advantage can only be achieved when dealing with game play, hence "gameplay advantage". Thus, particles, gadgets, pets, mounts, death effects, arrow particles, leap effects, morphs (when used in lobbies only), and, of course, LEVELS are all considered as cosmetics by Mojang's definition. If you can state how the current level system interferes with the game play of any mini game on Mineplex (does it give you a unique kit, more respawns, special weapons, etc.?) please inform me how. I'm all ears.

Regarding this thread, I feel like levels should not be easier to be obtained with a rank, as that defeats the point of a level (which is to show how dedicated you are to the server by how much time you spend in game earning experience).

-Dan

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  10. Regardless if it’s against the EULA or not, I personally don’t think it should get added.

For starters, users probably would think it’s unfair. I would too. It might not necessarily be a p2w experience directly, but you’re still paying to level up faster. It would be more enjoyable if people leveled up by gaining experience the same way in my opinion.

It also could start drama potentially. If it were added, people could easily slander donators in chat and accuse them of purchasing a rank just so they could level up faster.

Last, personally (and I’m sure other people would agree as well), I wouldn’t really want an extra advantage of getting double experience. I’d like to level up fairly without having to pay to get an extra advantage.

Not a bad suggestion, I can see the benefits in it, but I just don’t think it should be added. Thanks for sharing though!

Posted Jul 12, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  11. Hey!

I'm sorry, but I'm going to give this a -1. As others above me have stated, levels are meant to show how much time and dedication you have put into the server. At least, for me that's what levels signify. And even if it were to be added now, that would be extremely unfair to the people who have spent months actually grinding to level 100 without having this as a perk. I don't mind that ranks give added shards because that's purely for cosmetic purposes, but I feel that levels are about dedication.

Posted Jul 12, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  12. Hi there!
    I'm going to have to give this idea a -1 as it violates the Minecraft EULA. Even if this wasn't the case, I think it would be greatly unfair to players that have worked years to get to their current level, as it would allow players simply purchase a rank and reach the same level in way less time. This is what a pay2win system is like, and goes against the EULA. If you want to suggest more for ranks, I suggest being aware of the restrictions put onto servers by the EULA next time you make a suggestion. This idea isn't necessarily a bad idea and it has its own benefits to it, but it can't be executed in any way, and shouldn't be in my opinion.

-1 to this idea.

Posted Jul 12, 2019
  13. Like Danese mentioned earlier, since both xp and levels are purely cosmetic, this wouldn't be pay to win/play and therefore wouldn't violate the EULA (for that reason at least).

However like other players have said, the idea of paying for levels takes away from the achievement and satisfaction of earning them. It also disincentivizes play time by making it easier to accomplish lvl100, which tends to be when many players quit due to having no further accomplishment to strive for.
    --- Post updated ---

Posted Jul 12, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 12, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  14. I think that by allowing players to get more XP with a rank also opens up being able to get easier leveling rewards, which do give gems. That is why this could be considered Pay2Win, because faster leveling = more leveling rewards, and more gems given. While it isn't direct Pay2Win, it's still Pay2Win in its own way.

Posted Jul 12, 2019
  15. Heyo,
    I strongly disagree with the idea you have shared with us and I highly doubt this will be implemented. Your idea violates the EULA and players with ranks will get a huge advantage towards earning XP and leveling up at a much quicker paste than players with no ranks. The idea you've shared with us is genuinely Pay2Win, and I strongly dislike servers that are Pay2Win, players without ranks will be beyond furious if this does happen to be implemented.

Personally, I believe that paid ranks on this server are to help benefit the server, to help keep it running, to make sure our beloved Mineplex does stay alive. If this does get implemented, there's a chance that many players who aren't loyal will buy a rank just for this Pay2Win idea. If we added this, the outcome will be treacherous, there will be an outbreak of chaos.

Overall, I don't think this will be implemented, and I wouldn't like to see this added. It goes against the EULA, and ranks already have advantages that non-ranked players don't have. -1 from me.

Posted Jul 12, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  16. I don’t think it’s a great idea to have double xp and rewards. It’ll violate the EULA, and we don’t want to risk it. The boost will cause some disadvantages, and we’ll get in trouble. I know it helps the players to gain their levels faster than normal. They might get upset if they already reach their higher level.

This idea was previously suggested, and it was denied. I’d believe this idea will not going to be implemented. -1

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  17. Not too fond of this idea. Pretty sure this violates the EULA that we have to follow, so it wouldn't be allowed anyways. Double exp for ranks would be to OP and very easy for people to level up, and I know it sounds great, but would just wash away the point of grinding to get your levels. As for double shards, it's just not allowed because this causes some advantages over other players, and again Mineplex must follow EULA.

If you want to learn more about EULA, visit this site: https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  18. I don't think this would violate the EULA, because neither levels nor shards provide players with a gameplay advantage, but levels are meant to represent your experience in the community. I would expect a level 100 player to have the experience of a level 100 player, not of a level 50 player with double XP due to a rank. Would it be fair to unranked players to have to work twice as hard to compete with a ranked player?

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  19. Wouldn't be fair to those who have already achieved level 100 already and to our players who can't afford the most expensive rank. Shards are one thing because they're mainly for cosmetics, but for XP it should be the same for every player, regardless of what rank they have. I'll be denying this idea since we don't plan on implementing this. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to DM me!

Posted Jul 15, 2019 at 8:32 AM