• 199 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2891 Players Online
  • 2692 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Idea - Java & Bedrock Sync

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Preceding, May 17, 2022.

?

Do you think Mineplex should switch to Geyser?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm not sure if this has already been suggested; probably has, but-

I personally think that Mineplex should switch over to Bedrock & Java syncing with Geyser. I know that this would take months of testing and recoding, but I think it's one of the ways if not the only way to revive the server as a whole.

If you don't know what Geyser is, this is taken directly from their website:
    "Geyser is a proxy, bridging the gap between Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and Minecraft: Java Edition servers. The ultimate goal of this project is to allow Minecraft: Bedrock Edition users to join Minecraft: Java Edition servers as seamlessly as possible to allow for true cross-platform."

I'm not good at idea threads, so I guess I'll end here.

Posted May 17, 2022
  2. while this would be a great way to get more players on both platforms, I can't help but think Microsoft wouldn't be too happy with one of their featured servers modifying packets to allow for cross-platform play :/

Posted May 17, 2022
    ItsMeTanish, Whitebone and MC_Minium like this.
  3. I'm speaking for the most of the well involved bedrock community here. Try not to get offended by this either java mains, but we do not like the idea of cross-platform with y'all. Community is too toxic and would rather not have to see it on bedrock

Posted May 17, 2022
    xd Lord lol and ItsMeTanish like this.
  4. Hi there!

I personally don't think we should combine the two platforms. While I agree it could increase player count, as mentioned above, I don't think Microsoft would approve of it. There are features on the Java edition such as private messages and MPS which Microsoft forbid the Bedrock server from having. Therefore, if Microsoft were to approve this (which I still doubt they would), it would mean MPS and private messages would have to be removed from the server and I can't see the Java playerbase being happy with that.

Secondly, there are slightly different game mechanics on Bedrock and Java. On Bedrock, you can build bridges while facing forward and at running speed. On Java edition, this would be seen as scaffold hacking. This could lead to Bedrock players getting falsely banned and it puts Java players at a disadvantage.

While I certainly see where you're coming from with this suggestion, I just don't think this would be possible.

-MC Minium

Posted May 17, 2022,
    Last edited May 17, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.