• 2214 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2214 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Idea For Christmas

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by #stopbullyingDa_ZPG, Oct 26, 2020.

?

On a scale of a normal player to MVP++, what do you think about this idea?

1. normal player

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. VIP

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. VIP+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. MVP

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. MVP+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. MVP++

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Though it is Halloween season, I want to share this idea anyway so that if it gets processed, Mineplex has more time to implement this idea before Christmas this Year.

My idea could be to have it so that on Christmas Day (25th December), you can get ANY ONE COSMETIC for free (Aside from levelling rewards and rank features, as allowing players get rank features will put Mineplex at risk of going out of business). This can be any morph, any taunt, any pet ect. Players may want something from a chest for Christmas!

Posted Oct 26, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 26, 2020
  2. I don't think this is a great idea especially since not everyone celebrates Christmas, so having it on Christmas day wouldn't be appealing to everyone. Furthermore, this doesn't seem like a good idea on the business side of Mineplex. Some cosmetics are only unlockable through level rewards and it should be kept that way, to show that people earned that specific cosmetic. Mineplex shouldn't have people who haven't spent the time to earn level 100 with Ender Dragon Wings or black level colors. This idea seems hard to implement and will require some considerable amount of developer time, and also lessens the value of the Omega Chest (something which Eternals and Immortals get on a monthly basis). Moreover, there are already Winter chests and I don't feel it's necessary to add anything else to celebrate the Winter holidays.

Posted Oct 26, 2020
  3. I Forgot about level rewards! Thanks for pointing that out! I have edited it so that levelling rewards are also an exception!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 26, 2020
  4. Hey,

As Paladise said above, this wouldn't be too great for people who don't celebrate Christmas. I understand where you're coming from with this idea by giving people a fun Christmas with any cosmetic, however, I just don't think it would be fair. A workaround for this could be for players to either choose 10 thousand shards or 10 thousand gems. This would be fairer as you don't instantly unlock something that others may have had to work hours and hours on to obtain when a new player could instantly unlock it by doing nothing.

Overall I just don't see this idea working out on Mineplex. -1

Posted Oct 26, 2020
  5. Hello~

If you want new cosmetics just buy a a bunch of Ancient treasures. They're fairly cheap and they actually aren't that bad for getting cosmetics.
    Yes, this can be argued that there are lot's of "rare" cosmetics but they are rare for a reason. Giving them away for free just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Also don't forget the many other types of treasures that give you cosmetics. My example was Ancient Treasures as they are the cheapest.

Thanks for listening to my Anna Talk.

Posted Oct 26, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 26, 2020
  6. Hey there!

I think that this is a really great and thoughtful idea but as the other responses above have stated, I don’t think this should be implemented.

Posted Oct 26, 2020
  7. This would really make Mineplex lose some of their profit. By giving players a free cosmetic, and having the ability to choose any cosmetic, makes it too overpowered, and WAY too generous. I think by giving players some shards maybe, or something else rather than a cosmetic. I'll stay at a 0, since I think the concept of the idea is great, but not sure what we could give players for free.

Posted Oct 29, 2020
  8. You might have misread the description. This excludes rank exclusive features and levelling rewards.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 29, 2020
  9. Hey!

Love the idea but I don't think Mineplex would do this as they may loose profit and it wouldn't be good for the people who don't celebrate Christmas!

Kind regards, Aucs

Posted Oct 29, 2020
  10. You might have misread the description. This excludes rank exclusive features and levelling rewards.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 9, 2020
  11. I like the general idea but I think we could change this up a bit.

If we made it that you'd get like an Illuminated Chest or Mythical Treasure for Christmas that you can redeem one that'd be a better idea then selecting a free cosmetic. Let me know your thoughts!

Posted Nov 9, 2020
  12. That could work. As this suggests an idea, you should create a thread that suggests this. Good luck on getting this implemented :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 9, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 9, 2020
    Cuteest likes this.