• 403 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8841 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

I want to build a mineplex map!

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by OrangeGamer18, Oct 9, 2019 at 8:20 PM.

1. Hello!

I want to know, to make a map, do i need to join the staff? Is it a job? Please help.

P.S, i do want to join staff in a few years

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 8:20 PM
  2. Hey it is possible to submit a map as a community member and the form for that can be found here (Keep in mind this is only for Java and to submit a map for Bedrock you would need to apply for Full Time Builder @ jobs.mineplex.com). However there things you have to be concerned about. Before submitting a map it is advised to go over and read the Map Submission Guidelines as they provide step by step instructions as to how you can produce a quality map for the network and whatnot. Personally my biggest advice when making a map is to look at the specific game mode you are trying to make a map for and understand the gameplay and look at other currently live maps as references.
    With that being said, good luck with your submission and have a nice day :)
    ~BasicT

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 8:27 PM,
    Last edited Oct 9, 2019 at 8:33 PM
  3. You do not need to be a staff member to make a map for the server. If you are making a map for a certain game, most have guidelines which can be found here. Make sure to double check your maps to see if anything does not meet the criteria and fix it.

Being a staff member on Mineplex is not necessarily a job since you do not get paid for it. A better word to describe having a staff rank here is a privilege. If all staff were paid, the business would likely have gone bankrupt a long time ago because there are about 150.

Good luck on your goal of achieving trainee! The three things you have to cover are maturity levels, activity throughout all places of the network, and the quality of your application. To find out more about trainee applications, visit bat and bat2. Hotshot!

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 8:29 PM
    BasicT likes this.
  4. If you really want to show the Mineplex community one of your builds or suggest one head over to the Build Showcase section on the Mineplex forums, the rules for posting will be clearly posted their and it should be pretty straightforward. Unfortunately if you actually want to directly build a map for Mineplex and not just show off the build you made your probably going to have to become a Builder on the Mineplex staff team. You never know if your good enough they might even give you a chance. I’d love to see some of your builds some day. If you actually want to make a legit map for the staff team and want to get paid money for it you’d probably have to become a Builder. Not really sure how it works on the staff team but I’m quite certain that normal staff members do not get paid and it’s a volunteer job. I’m pretty sure that Builders do get paid depending on how long it took them to make a certain build. Don’t take my word for this..

Hope this helped resolve your situation
    - TheProTroller
    PS: Unfortunately I cannot provide links because it’s hard to do that when I’m on my phone but it should be pretty easy to find the Build Showcase section on the forums if you just scroll down a little. Just a little insight joining staff won’t help you make a map for the Mineplex server. You will probably have to join builder for that opportunity, it’s still staff but I don’t think becoming a Trainee will help with your situation.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 8:30 PM
  5. Posted Oct 10, 2019 at 8:20 PM
  6. Heyoo!

If you want to submit a map, click here. If you want to learn more about how to submit a map click this Map Submission Guide there. As many people have stated above, you do not have to be staff in order to submit a map, you don't have to be Builder either. Good luck for when you apply in the future too!

Feel free to private message me on the forums if you have any other questions!

~Cheers!
    -SpikeCreates

Posted Oct 10, 2019 at 10:40 PM