• 1578 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8348 Players Online
  • 6770 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

I want an explination

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by akeyfortyseven, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Mojang's new update is coming (yay!) which includes more bee stuff and new biomes in the nether, and i believe it has mountain stuff. Please read it first before continuing down:

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/everything-we-announced-minecon-live-2019

Ok now im going to assume you have read all of it, or at least skimmed it.

For those of you who didnt read it, i want yall to take a close look at this:

"We showcased some of the amazing tools the Minecraft community has created with scripting in the Bedrock Engine-powered version of Minecraft. Like the Editor Stick, used to edit things in-game (like, for example, rotating an already placed sign, or making crops fully grown!), is an amazing add-on that was created using scripting by Mineplex."

So all the things we asked for, including knockback, a better anticheat, bedrock walls, (recently) a ctf-style game, bedrock gladiators, and on and on and on, wasn't worked on because apparently world edit tool is more important. Isn't that a bit disturbing? Mineplex wanted to be showcased by Mojang more than they wanted to improve the bedrock game itself. I feel like a person who went to subway and instead of getting a five-dollar footlong i was given a half footlong. What a joke

What do you guys think of this? Do you support mineplex prioritizing their name plastered onto a minecraft update that was prioritized over so many things that the community wanted to fix? Now the evidence is stacking against mineplex. Focusing on updating mob arena was kinda disturbing knowing what else is going on, and now this happened.

--- Post updated ---
    Note: this isn’t an actual feature and is just a community highlight picked by mojang, making it even sadder (to me)

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  2. I don't really understand how this is at all related to Mineplex. The link is from minecraft.net which means it is under Microsoft. Microsoft would have been the one to choose this idea from Mineplex, and Mineplex likely had no say in the matter. I don't understand how you can say we are just chasing putting our name into Mojang update when Microsoft is the one that chose this idea out of many of our ideas to showcase.

This is also from Minecon, which details how Minecraft itself will be updating and changing. You mentioned knockback, anticheat, and new games, all of which Mojang would not be responsible for, and all of which can be worked on simultaneously. The introduction of one new feature doesn't mean we're never planning anything new, or that we hadn't been working on other projects at the same time.

I don't know if I'm completely missing the point here, but I don't see how Minecon and your complaints are related.

Posted Sep 30, 2019
    Kyuine, Glamourized and Jocoe like this.
  3. Eh, I'm just here to correct your spelling error cause I'm that much of a (Call me whatever here)
    It's "Explanation"

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  4. Allow me to explain what mineplex is hiding:

1. the fact that mojang picked out mineplex is kinda fishy off the bat, I haven’t seen any resource pack or map or anything that strikes me as “awesome” and a world edit tool got picked as a feature, one that we have never heard of and must have been developed by mineplex bedrock devs, meaning that they worked on this instead of everything else

2. you say all the problems that are present can be fixed simultaneously yet progress says otherwise. The last bedrock update was 3 months ago, and it was on mob arena (which has no real players that go hardcore mob arena). Even other mods keep telling us the dev team is too small to work on so many things, and the things that they’re working on aren’t even close to what needs to be fixed

3. yes my spelling is awful

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 30, 2019
  5. Hey akeyfortyseven,
    I can see what you're saying, but I can't quite agree with you.
    Firstly, your way of explaining your point is confusing but luckily I was able to grasp the point. If you think about it, improved java games won't result in people joining Mineplex, but giving the current players enjoyment. Mineplex needs to be featured somewhere to regain popularity and players before they can focus on fixing games. Ik It's a little confusing (please don't pm me about this) but that's my opinion on this.

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  6. @Franjona the big picture is that mineplex just wants more players, and they don’t give a hoot on what the game needs. KB has been an issue for so long yet the devs chose to fix mob arena. Getting featured is only one part of the deal of getting more players, improving the server itself is the bigger part that keeps the players
    --- Post updated ---
    I’m not calling the shots, I’m saying the shots that have been shot

OP OP
    NothinButNet likes this.
  7. akeyfortyseven,

I can see your concern about your gameplay experience, but I'm not sure this is that big of an issue. I'm not sure what's going on in bedrock, but in java, everything is good. The KB seems fine except for when it lags, and most things seem balanced. If there's that much of an issue in bedrock that players need to make a thread about Mineplex's decisions, then that should be something to be looked into. But at the moment, Java seems chill. I'm not gonna go into Bedrock conversations because I haven't played it, but I don't think Mineplex would favor one over the other.

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  8. yeah @Franjona this is entirely about bedrock. KB isnt a problem on java and most of my points on what hasnt been added/fixed are pointed at bedrock. The last update to bedrock was 3 months ago and since then more announcements and updates have happened for java.

OP OP
  9. Ouch, There must be many gameplay bugs within Bedrock. I feel you man.

Posted Sep 30, 2019
    FluteVegetables and NothinButNet like this.
  10. many is an understatement, and the fact that mob arena got prioritized is like a slap to the face for all bedrock players

OP OP
  11. R.I.P

Hope the gameplay improves soon.

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  12. Hey,

I understand your concern with the matter but KB isn't the only thing on Mineplex's agenda. Mob Arena was requested for a long time and Mineplex delivered. I play Java and Bedrock and the KB is, yes, different but I haven't had much of an issue with it. Like @Dulciloquy has stated Microsoft chose to put it in there and Mineplex was just making a suggestion that came true. We are not trying to get in Minecon Live and chasing it to get attention. Mineplex is all about player satisfaction and as I said before, I understand your concern but you just need to be patient.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this comment, I am open to PM's and will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  13. "just need to be patient"

We have been patient for so long, and its only until now that we are getting impatient. we were kinda-ok with mob arena because it was an improvement, but now we see nothing. @Dulciloquy also said that multiple things are being worked on at once, but we have been waiting, and small things start to get to the community after a while.

OP OP
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  14. I would be happy to take this to DM's

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  15. If mineplex is more open to what will be added, suggestions on how it should be added, and whether or not it should be added will give us a sense that something is getting worked on, rather than keeping the bedrock community in the dark of what is going on
    --- Post updated ---
    i originally thought that would be why the bedrock suggestions were added, but it doesnt seem so

OP OP
  16. Mineplex is doing things for BE https://www.mineplex.com/threads/mineplex-translations-team.2357/ Shows that Mineplex BE is having Translation applications. This means that we will be seeing much more languages appear on the Bedrock version of Mineplex. I hope this concludes your concern of "not having any recent updates or changes".

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  17. what about kb, anticheat, player trackers in camper games?!?!

OP OP
  18. I feel like the conversation between the two of you can be debated/handled with in Direct Messages.
    There are many issues with the Bedrock Development, as there is with Java.
    Patient, Impatient, it's all the same in the long run. It doesn't matter.
    Things will be fixed when they're fixed, and not until then.
    This thread won't get you far my guy, although persuasion can help speed things up, there's just not enough developers. Patient is a virtue, and can be practiced in the long run.
    My friends, just don't continue this, as it won't Do anything. It just won't. This thread was created for no reason.

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  19. You have no proof or even an idea as to whether or not any of these are currently being worked on. The only thing you have brought up as proof was one update three months ago to a game you didn't think needed updating, there hasn't been any other evidence.
    Mineplex does not promise features or games or updates in advance so that in the case some unforseen circumstances prevent it from being realized, there isn't any backlash from players that got excited about the idea before it was implimented.
    You say updating mob arena is a slap in the face to bedrock players, this quote is a slap in the face to the entire development, leadership, and staff team. You are assuming our intentions are completely malicious and negative, completely neglecting the entire community this server has built. You have no proof for this statement, and frankly I find it a bit rude.

All of your replies since the initial post have not been about minecon, and instead about complaints you have about the server without any constructive criticism. If this conversation is no longer productive or respectful, it will be locked shortly.

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  20. You are twisting my quotes to make them suit you. I quoted what you said and that’s that, didn’t take any assumptions off of it, but look everywhere. There’s so many ideas that won’t be implemented because the team is taking too long. The fact of the matter is that their actions and releases make the community feel like a joke, and the fact that some games aren’t even thought out before they’re released seems wrong.

the whole idea is that mineplex is using publicity to get more players and that it’s simply not working because “memeplex’s” current reputation is far lower than I make it seem to be, all you need for proof is another sever’s forum

OP OP