• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6453 Players Online
  • 3563 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

I think wizards should be given a second chance

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GluteusG., Jan 15, 2020.

1. I’ve heard most of the reason it got taken away was because it’s lack of balance updates and eventually bugs caused it to become an annoyance to most playing it so they stopped. I just think that’s plain laziness. I heard you even had a couple of guys planning things out and incompetence and lack of communication by staff caused that to go to waste. The game had potential and I would like to see it come back someday. Thoughts?

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  2. ABSOLUTELY WIZARDS IS UNDERRATED. It was averaging about 3 lobbies, and was removed legit after it got updated. I would love to see this game come back.

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  3. I completely agree! Before mineplex does a big project like fixing wizards though they would have to do a lot more things of more importance... which they haven’t done in a while.
    SSM Balance Update
    SG Kit balancing
    I would also personally rather see Monster maze added as a mini game. I definitely liked mixed arcade more than nano games...

But those things that take priority aside I think this would be a great idea and would love to see wizards come back! +1

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  4. Hey!
    Wizards was one of my favorite games back when it was a stand alone game. I played It a lot and always partied up some friends to play with. We even would play game after game after game in our MPS's. As much as I love the game of Wizards I don't see it returning anytime soon in the near future due to the lack of players. When Wizards was removed a huge reason it was removed was due to the queues not filling up because not a lot/enough people was interested in it. I think this same issue will arise if Wizards is implemented again and that's why I'll have to give this a -1.

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  5. Back in the good old days...
    I still remember level 3 gust spell :,)

Posted Jan 15, 2020
    kim_crazy and Epicbuilder435 like this.
  6. Mineplex never updating a game and expecting it to be successful is a big meme.

As far as the public knows right now, Mineplex doesn't even have an update on the radar for any of the big three that need them badly: Champions, Super Smash Mobs, and Mine-Strike (you can argue the order in which those three need them, but I'd say most agree those are the primary ones- you might throw in Clans, too). The next thing on the list seems to be a game we know nothing about that has been in development for months... supposedly. If they're not even willing to provide an update for existing games, what are the odds they'll bring back a game they already gave up on and decide to update that? To overstate the odds: not likely.

In spirit, I do agree with this just as I would agree with bringing back any game with potential and updating it (Castle Siege, Heroes of GWEN, Gem Hunters, etc.). But the fact of the matter is that Mineplex has a horrible track record of updating its games, and as long as I've been a part of this community, that has been the foremost concern.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
    Xukuwu and kim_crazy like this.