• 1590 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4169 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

I think threads need to be reply-able for longer here

Discussion in 'Champions' started by 0ct0ber, Sep 9, 2019.

1. There's a lot of recent threads in the Champions forum that have good discussion topics about them. This forum might be a little slower than others, but I think the timeframe before a thread can no longer be replied to should increase. I just joined the forums for the first time in years, and there's a lot of threads I wanted to comment on, but most of them are locked :P

Posted Sep 9, 2019
  2. If you're talking about the red box at the bottom saying "this thread is x days/months old", you're still free to reply to that thread as long as you're adding things that haven't been said before in the thread. Our necro post rule: "However, you may post on it if you are contributing more to the thread, such as suggestions, ideas. If you are simply commenting on how great the thread is, that will still be considered as necro posting. Exception for this being threads that are stickied, announcements, Help/Giveaway/Guide/Recruitment threads." When you want to add into the discussion of a thread that's old, just make sure you follow the necro post guidelines I just gave you and check the box that says, "I am aware of the necro posting rule and the consequences of such action." You should have no problems while trying to make a discussion on an old topic as long as you are adding onto the thread in some way.

If you mean you can't reply to a thread because it's actually locked by a FM/FN or the OP themselves, then there's always a reason and that won't be changing.

Posted Sep 9, 2019
    SpitefulNick, _Prof_ and Thenorn like this.
  3. You know if you have a response that adds something to the topic necro-posting doesn't count. I read the rules recently because I wanted to reply to a guide thread.

Have a good day,
    ~yato

Posted Sep 9, 2019