• 954 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10479 Players Online
  • 9525 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

I think I could use a new strategy...lol

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by anna., Aug 29, 2020.

1. Hii I'm starting to get into playing skywars, and I was wondering what the best strategies are?
    I know that because of the new update, you wanna try to get to mid as fast as you can, but is it worth it to stop at the side islands first? Is it beneficial to go over to the players bridging over to middle and knock them off?

Usually my strategy is to open the first chest I find, get any blocks/armor in that chest and then bridge to the side islands. Then I get any enchanted iron armor, a rod, and an iron sword. (Assuming I can find all that without dying lol)
    Then before going to mid I go around and look at the spawn islands, and try to take out the opponents from there. Of course when I get to mid everyone is fully stacked with diamonds, and its pretty rare to find any good loot left over.

Going off of the fact that this is really the only strategy I use, and I only have 4 wins out of 81 games played lmao I think I could use a new strategy.
    My pvp isn't awful, but it isn't all too great either

Thanks in advance for your time!
    -Onion ^w^

Posted Aug 29, 2020
    ilyLegend likes this.
  2. Here are some things I learned from players on the leader-boards*:
    > get blocks from your chest and then go to the side island.
    > kill the players around you
    > quickly bridge to middle and collect loot

*Disclaimer: sorry this is bedrock stuff so it's definitely different but I hope some of this helps!

Posted Aug 29, 2020
    anna. likes this.
  3. You kinda already have the right idea, here's what I do:
    Open closest spawn chest, grab gear and blocks and immediately bridge to simi mid, fight if you have to, but if you don't, search for a pearl and as soon as you get one pearl to mid and loot like crazy. Usually ill be first or second to mid. If im first, I can stack up and generally get an easy win from there, but if im second I try to run and avoid the person there to gear up before I fight.

Also never pass up the opportunity to enchant your sword if you are a safe distance from other people at mid- sharp 1 goes a looooong way in a fight.

Posted Aug 29, 2020
    ilyLegend and anna. like this.
  4. I am by no means a pro at skywars, but I do play quite a bit. Here is what I have learned from other really good players and what I do myself.

I always open the chest that is closest to semi mid. This cuts down the time it will take only by a second, but it is worth it. I take the blocks in that chest and start bridging. Usually there is another player on there way but I don't push them. If it is a good player, usually they won't push you as that will end up ruining the game for them (You guys will trade hits and even if they will they won't be able to push mid because they are low). If I find a pearl, I will immediately use it. If someone is already at mid, I will try to loot the other chests in the area as fast as possible so I have a good chance of winning against them. If I don't find a pearl in the chest I will grab some items from the chest and bridge to mid. While looting chests, you should hold out your compass so you can tell if a player is approaching you while you are in the chest taking items. I then try to hold middle as long as possible and do not push any players who aren't at mid. I would also not try to take fights if you see other people waiting for an opportunity to clean up. I personally don't enchant much, but if you want you can always enchant your sword which will help a ton in pvp. I also think grabbing tnt is really helpful, especially if a player is close to the border. Make sure to make good use of the items such as lava buckets, bow and arrows, fishing rod, pumpkin pies, magnet, fire staff, and safe tp as these are all really helpful in game.

Short version:
    Grab blocks and don't push anyone unless a fight is inevitable. Pearl or bridge to mid as fast as possible. Hold mid the best you can. Play aggressive.

Again, I'm nowhere near the skill level of some other players at skywars, but I do win a few games from time to time.

Hope this helped
    Looof

Posted Aug 31, 2020
  5. get blocks and pray you get a pearl to get to mid lol

Posted Sep 2, 2020
    oCassi, ilyLegend and anna. like this.
  6. Get everything from your first chest. Then head derectly to the island infront of you grab that loot and kill all the people around you.

I recommend getting there first if not your dead. Practice in cake wars till you get a hang of combat and bridging.

If you ever want help message me.

(This is bedrock)

Posted Sep 2, 2020
    anna. likes this.
  7. Thank you all for the help and new ideas, I really appreciate it! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 2, 2020
  8. you want to
    1: grab blocks
    2: rush middle. if someone is at semi mid try and ignore them
    3: loot up to 3/4 or full diamond
    4: hold mid control bc its the most valuable location in the game holding enchants and utility
    5: swing sword at head

Posted Sep 23, 2020
    anna. likes this.
  9. Omg what kind of lies is this agjugdujgfj I also forgot about this thread until now but ye this is definitely not true

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 23, 2020
    Looof likes this.