• 711 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11437 Players Online
  • 10726 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

I Request That You All Play The Game Correctly

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Butterfl1, Apr 6, 2021.

1. During my games, I have noticed that people tend to just watch a pair of people fighting. Why? There's no fun in that. Furthermore, no matter how much I egg them, they refuse to use a smash crystal... I would like for people to actually play the game as to not get bored from sitting out. So, please interrupt a 1v1, use smash crystals, whatever you got. This is FFA after all.

Posted Apr 6, 2021
    primitlve and Kugzer like this.
  2. The reason we do this is to prevent the constant teaming that happens in pubs. Being teamed on isn't 'fun' either, and fair 1v1s keep most of the community happy. Smash is just an unfair advantage used to boost unexperienced players. You're free to play how you like, just know that most people in the community wouldn't want to play with you or be friends with you.

Posted Apr 7, 2021
  3. Yes because as we all know being cleaned and losing multiple stocks to a smash crystal is the pinnacle of ssm gameplay. Truly makes it fun for everyone else!

Posted Apr 7, 2021
  4. Please explain how it is an unfair advantage if it available to everybody. If you mean that some kits' smashes are more OP then others than I agree, but overall the actual concept of the smash crystal is not an unfair advantage to itself.

I agree with the thread, but others have stated valid points, in terms of wanting to avoid teaming and doing 1v1s instead. Personally though whenever I play SSM I attack everyone as much as I can lol

Posted Apr 7, 2021
    1dragoneye likes this.

5. Dude! this is a 1v1v1v1 brawl everyone's for themselves. I hate how people say that big problem in smash it teaming. True teaming is two or more players targeting one guy and not attacking each other the whole game. Everyone is constantly "teaming" each other in ssm example: three guys might be fighting each other when two of them happen to hit the other guy at the same time, a lot of people believe that's teaming. But really that's just FFA. When someone has low health and starts running away from one guy everyone else joins in the chase because they want the kill, NOT because they're teaming!

Okay I understand how people want 1v1s every now and then, but you have to take in account how it ruins the other two players' fun, because the other 2 players may be far apart in experience and less experienced people don't like getting shredded by one player. You can just host a server if you want to do 1v1 (though you have to have a rank witch costs money)

'(Smash is just an unfair advantage used to boost inexperienced players)" If everyone fighting is around the same skill level I say ditch the smash crystals. However people aren't the same skill level. Smash crystals are used to help people who are losing to give them an advantage to make the game more fair against the pros. Here another fun fact people who hate the smash crystals always say it gives an advantage to noobs right? However smash crystals are hard for noobs to get because all the normal players kill them before they can get in the area. SOOOO if you struggle because all the noobs that are easy to kill reach the smash and mange to defend from you, and get it. What does that make you? : )

Posted Apr 7, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 7, 2021
  6. It is an unfair advantage because whoever gets it and who has an effective smash crystal depends on either luck, or what kit they use. You can easily abuse smash crystal by going horse and almost always getting it over other kits and also having the most op smash crystal being able to take 4 stocks sometimes. The other thing that makes smash crystal unfair is that ANYONE can get it, regardless of whether they have done anything in the game or not. Do you think it sounds fair that someone can just run or camp the entire game, then still win because of the smash crystal? This is a stupidly easy mechanic to abuse, thats why its unfair. It gives you the advantage regardless if you are a good player or not, and its essentially a crutch.

Posted Apr 7, 2021
  7. Also, for those wondering, this thread was made as a joke since someone in our game was complaining about people watching 2 people fight instead of being involved in ffa.

Posted Apr 7, 2021
    Kenshin_William and Butterfl1 like this.
  8. ????????? yes some smashes are more OP than others but that's isn't why it's unfair. Even though the crystal is available to everyone, some kits automatically have an advantage to obtain the crystal. If there's a horse and magma, the horse is almost certain to get it because of its abilities lol that's literally how the game works.

Posted Apr 7, 2021
  9. When I'm talking about teaming, I mean clear 2v1ing, cleaning one person and refusing to fight the other. It's obvious that the intentions are not to get the extra kill, but to pick a player out just because they're more experienced.

People choose to pay pubs in order to play against different players. It isn't about just 1v1ing friends, but to broaden our ability to fight again different playstyles and kits.

The only way to improve is to play genuinely, so basically what you're saying is that the losing players should depend on the smash crystal simply because they're not good at the game in order to get wins, instead of actually learning and practicing to become an overall better player lol

I don't think you realize how dumb you sound right now. Like I mentioned earlier, it depends a lot on the matchup for who ends up getting the smash crystal. It's harder for magmas and slimes to get it if there's a horse with bone rush, and this is just one example.

Posted Apr 7, 2021
  10. You say that it's not unfair because everyone can get it. If I apply that logic to a hacked client, I guess that makes using kill aura and bhop fair, right? Except it doesn't. We disallow hacked clients because the advantage is provides over legitimate players is massive and unfun to fight against.
    Likewise, the crystal is unfair because the sudden advantage you gain can be massive like with Horse, Endy or Blaze. There's also the luck element if it randomly spawns near you while your opponent is at low HP allowing you to basically guarantee the crystal and vice versa if you're low. And even if it's a crystal as weak as Zombie, they still suddenly regenerate 100% of their HP which is a major advantage.
    For those on the receiving end, it's neither fun nor fair. It might be fun for the one using it but you could easily say the same for that bhopper in SG.

I've been in several games where players knowingly stood next to each other to edge guard me and you're saying "that's just FFA"? If 3 players are chasing me because of "kill credit", even if they hit each other once, they're still all chasing me down; they're teaming. Even if temporary, getting teamed on is very unenjoyable for those on the receiving end.
    Likewise, getting taken aback by a stat grinding wolf or horse while your fighting someone else isn't fun either.
    It's not just pros who get cleaned; I've seen wolves clean the newbs as well.

Overall, the FFA system truly only benefits those who knowingly make the game unenjoyable for their own benefit.
    To those who say Final Smash and FFA are to let newbs win and prevent them from getting pubstomped, realise that losing to someone who is better than you is part of playing games and even life. You won't always get a win as soon as you play a new game. If someone refuses to grow their skills because they can't get a free win, that's a problem with their mindset, not the game.

Posted Apr 7, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 9, 2021
  11. Agreed the solution to new players losing shouldnt involve spoon feeding them wins instead it should encourage them to get better.

Posted Apr 7, 2021
    Ducksicle likes this.
  12. I completely agree with @Ducksicle on this one. The more experienced community of Super Smash Mobs have developed a "code" to allow 1v1s to happen and some don't use their smash crystal. The reasoning behind this, much like it's been stated throughout this thread, is because people want to make the game more fair for others and just want to have fun, and because using a smash crystal or cleaning somebody in the middle of the fight basically ends the game they just don't do it.

Posted Apr 8, 2021
    Ducksicle likes this.
  13. Y E S Yesterday, 2 people were doing this, they had the same skin so I thought "Hey! Every single teamer group has the same skin everytime" One of them was ONLY going for me, the 4th player left so that one of them could kill me. I saw one of them go to the other person but didn't kill when I died. I reported this to a mod but everytime I do that, they stop teaming. :(

Posted Apr 8, 2021

14. Hello I am da teamer

Posted Apr 8, 2021
  15. Yea, u

Posted Apr 8, 2021
    Complex_Calculus likes this.
  16. Whether you like it or not, a 1v1 is, by definition, not teaming. Since that other person wasn't going for you either, maybe you were teaming with them????

Posted Apr 8, 2021
    Ducksicle and Complex_Calculus like this.
  17. What do you think, I can fight 2 people at the same time while they aren't fighting each other?

Posted Apr 8, 2021
  18. You werent fighting us at the same time, the other guy was just WATCHING the game. That is not considered teaming.

Posted Apr 8, 2021
  19. You went over to him and didn't even hit him.

Posted Apr 8, 2021
  20. You can stick to fighting that one person. You aren't fighting 2 people at the same time if one of them is completely inactive lol. If you aren't doing well against the player you're fighting, it means they are better than you and you probably wouldn't have won anyway.

Posted Apr 8, 2021
    1dragoneye and Complex_Calculus like this.