• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11433 Players Online
  • 8543 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

i miss the old days

Discussion in 'Arcade Games' started by zachchazlol, Apr 15, 2020.

1. why cant arcade games have there own dedicated portals would be a lot cooler if they did

Posted Apr 15, 2020
    PhoenixSky and christxqn like this.
  2. They is simply not enough space, many popular games have their portals so that new players can access them easier. A new player with a general knowledge of minecraft mini games would pick Cake Wars or Skywars simply because they're more recognizable than say, Death Tag. Also, the entire lobby would have to be on a larger scale to accommodate to the new portals and everything would feel overwhelming to a new player.

-Alex

Posted Apr 15, 2020
    Ruffybear likes this.
  3. it could be a double edge sword.. a new player may recognize custom/original game modes rather than cake wars and skywars,, both of which are game modes featured on other servers,, so a player may want to come back to play games that other servers do not feature

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 15, 2020
  4. Although that's true, there is a portal for the entire mixed arcade.

Posted Apr 15, 2020
  5. Hey!

There actually is a portal for the mixed arcade. If you're talking about separate games within the Mixed Arcade, then it would just take up way too much space in the lobby. Mixed Arcade has a lot of games and I think if each one had its own portal, there would be way too much portals in the lobby and probably even ruin the whole point of "Mixed" Arcade.

So I won't be agreeing with this idea for my reasoning above.

Posted Apr 16, 2020
  6. hey!
    I actually made a thread on this please check it out! It was a few days ago, called "Arcade Games Individually"

Posted Apr 16, 2020
    christxqn likes this.
  7. Hey!

Although it would be a good idea to provide easy access to each game, there just wouldn't be enough space. As Mineplex has been updating constantly and adding new games there has become less space in the lobby for portals!

Before there was no way at all to play each individual Mixed Arcade game, instead the only way to play the games was by joining into the Mixed Arcade servers. Personally I feel like each Mixed Arcade game being in the Mixed Arcade section in the compass is a great idea! It saves a little bit of time rather than having to walk to the portal, and it makes for easy access to each game.

- 6_figures (Jorden)

Posted Apr 16, 2020
  8. there was enough space in the "old hub," aka the one before the old tree was brought back, but people complained about bringing it back. i think now that their nostalgic delusion trip is over, they could possibly bring that one back, as i thought it was much more aesthetically pleasing than the one now lol.

Posted Apr 16, 2020
  9. I think each arcade game having it’s own individual portal would be too much, but maybe when you go into the mixed arcade portal you have an option to choose which game you’d like to play? This might not work if not enough players are playing these mini-games but I think it’d benefit a lot of players.

Posted Apr 16, 2020
    thebestvibes likes this.
  10. But then again, their "nostalgic delusion trip" is also their decision. As players, we can have opinions but at the end of the day the server is not owned by us and the staff decide what to do with it.

I could be wrong, but I think the reason the individual Mixed Arcade games are accessible through the compass is because there just isn't enough space. As you know, in the Mineplex lobby the game portals are in a square around the spawn. There are 18 Mixed Arcade games total and I do not think there is a way to fit one 3x5 portal along with 18 2x6 portals along the same wall all while including the new gladiators hub game.

If they did this, there would be no space for portals for the other games. The reason there is the one Mixed Arcade portal is because that is the main way people play the games! By what I have seen, there are more players on the actual Mixed Arcade servers rather than the individual games. Mixed Arcade is very popular on Mineplex, but there are a lot of other popular games on Mineplex. The reason why Mixed Arcade is accessible through one portal or through the compass is so the other games can have their own portals as well.

You must remember that lots of Mineplex players are supportive of this idea! Changing up the hub every once in while is a great idea; it keeps the lobby feeling new and updated. With the new hub, there has come a lot more features and perks, and one being the hub gladiators game; another being the staff building island. With new updates comes new ideas!

- Jorden

Posted Apr 16, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 16, 2020
  11. Heyo!

The arcade games were removed a long time ago due to not being very popular. The admins know that it was important for Mineplex to do it so I don't think that they should come back.

Best,
    xFlattered

Posted Apr 16, 2020
  12. yes, and their "nostalgic delusion trip" is most likely to have ended once they got used to it again, which is what happened before the 2 weeks of it being implemented presently as our spawn had even ended. the staff got tired of having to listen to the old players complain about an outdated 2012/2013 style oak tree being the center of attention when players spawn in, so they gave them what they wanted, and admittedly it was pretty cool for the first week, and now i'm looking at it the same as how you would look at something staring at it everyday for over a year now, it's gotten bland. the old hub was very diverse and expansive, and i think the builders worked like beyond extremely hard on it, and i'm sure they were disappointed to have it go to waste almost not even 8 months after it was released as a main hub.

i don't really know a single person who uses the compass, but i'm sure a lot of new players do. it's just a lot simpler to walk 15-30 blocks from spawn into a portal that enters you in the queue for selected game. i also think that's a better experience than any GUI could present forth. and with your other point, if the old hub still existed it most certainly could. there's like 0 room in this hub, and barely any more to roam around in. i think an expansive hub like the one from like 2018 would be much more pleasing to roam around in, explore, and what i think is the best part, it would make it a lot more fun to do those challenges where you click on heads for special holiday events.

so for one the old hub had everything you listed. the hub had the staff island in the form of a lilypad i think next to the massive bridge, and across that bridge the gladiators game sat there in the form of a zoo tank i think, with four pillars that you could climb on, and i thought it was way cooler than the one we have now. (edit: the old hub actually had more than the one has now now that i recall, it had the snake hub mini-game featured, and also i believe what was going to be a one in the quiver hub mini-game right across from it). for two the hub hasn't been changed in about a year now, so yeah i agree, they should change it back to the old hub, and keep it that way until further notice.

just my two cents.

Posted Apr 16, 2020
    PhoenixSky likes this.
  13. I'm not saying you are wrong, which you aren't. I just don't really feel like they would HAVE to go back to the old hub with the updates they have made recently. Everything game is accessible through some way and there really would be no reason to go back. If they did that would be pretty cool I will admit.

Also, it wouldn't be fair to say that you don't know anybody that uses the compass. There are a lot of people that use the compass, and one of them is me, so now you know someone who uses the compass!

If you think this would be a good idea for the server, you should put this idea in the suggestions forum (https://www.mineplex.com/forums/general-idea-discussion.327/) and you can get responses from players and staff!

- Jorden

Posted Apr 16, 2020
  14. great now i know someone who uses the compass.

i would do it if this forum was even remotely alive, the last time i posted something there like two people replied and nothing ever even came of it, none of which were staff members, so i find that a pretty useless alternate, but i thank you for it.

Posted Apr 16, 2020
  15. Hey!

I agree with you I miss mixed arcade as well, but there is nano games now which is also popular. I understand it isn't quite like mixed arcade, and I as well miss the games like OITQ. Adding portals for each individual game would probably be too much sadly. Maybe they can come up with an idea, like every week they could add a special place for portals and call them "Throwback Games," or, "Throwback Thursday."

Have a good day!

Posted Apr 17, 2020
    Leafy and thebestvibes like this.
  16. I completely agree with this idea. For players who want to play older versions of games, there is the option to create an MPS, but not everybody has that option, and not everybody will join the MPS. However, I believe the games were removed due to space and popularity issues; with every arcade game having its own portal, there just weren't enough players to play each specific game. What I think would be a good idea is to implement a section for only the Mixed Arcade games, see which ones are popular, and keep only those with their own separate portals. Then, older players can get that nostalgia rush with the more popular games, and it'll still be a great way to introduce them back into Mineplex.

Just my thoughts, but as Dacked said, a "Throwback Thursday" idea would also be great! I think more events should be implemented with older games, or experiment with older games sometimes to see which ones are still popular and which ones aren't. Interesting discussion, and definitely an interesting topic regarding older players and popularity of some of the older games.

Posted Apr 17, 2020