• 680 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7672 Players Online
  • 6992 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

I miss old skywars

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by Juljee, Dec 14, 2020.

?

Which version of skywars do you prefer?

1. Pre-update

83.3%
  2. Post-update

16.7%
  1. Ever since the update a while back which overhauled skywars, I've had a lot less fun with the game. Ever since then, playing skywars seems repetitive, like the same thing happens every game. You get full iron from the first few chests, then you get some diamond from the middle chests, then you fight people. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. That's the whole game. If you are playing with people who are better at pvp than you, you lose.

One thing I like better about the old skywars is the kits. Having different kits in a game allows for different playstyles, which allows the game to stay fresh and for every type of player to enjoy it. For example, my favorite kit to use was the metal kit, as I enjoyed to pull people into the void with the magnet. I've heard people say it was overpowered, but there are many ways to avoid it, such as getting different armor, building a larger bridge, etc. After the update, you can now find items, such as the magnet, in chests scattered throughout the map. This effectively merges all of the unique kits, and makes the abilities they would have harder to come across.

Overall, the update removed most of the strategy and fun involved in skywars, and pretty much turned it into another solely pvp minigame, which Mineplex has enough of already.

Posted Dec 14, 2020
    andr3w, Vanquishings, anna. and 5 others like this.
  2. Honestly! The Skywars update made me drop the game pretty much completely. You're right, the game is terribly repetitive now. The kits were so unique and Mineplex changed it. Now it's just like Skywars on any other server, really. I really hate the way they added the kit abilities into chests, it's not fun at all. I used to love trying out all the kits, my favourite being the Earth kit, and now it's so basic. If you don't know how to pvp, there is a very small chance you will win. it is a pvp game, yes, but before this update, even those that weren't so great at it had chances by using their abilities in creative, fun ways. Now, it's completely favouring anybody that has over 10cs a second.

I don't even know why mining kits exist. The corruption happens so fast, nobody will be mining islands for a long time and then power up. Everyone can also get easy armour in every chest on mid/connecting islands. I want to know their reasoning to change what was genuinely such a fun and unique game on Mineplex, to a carbon copy, with slight changes, of a lot of pvp servers.

Posted Dec 14, 2020
    andr3w, anna., xUmbreon and 3 others like this.
  3. I really thought i would start playing Skywars as one of my main games before the update, but now I avoid it as much as I can. i definitely thought the kits needed balancing somewhat, but the game now makes the kits so ridiculously dumb. 500 wins for an upgraded pickaxe? like what...?? and the whole "op" weapons and armor thing makes it seem really stale. the game is basically who can get to the middle fastest...(it was kind of like that before but it's literally the entire game now) the kits were like said above, extremely unique and there were counters to each; putting all of it in chests overwhelms the ability to stay remotely organized or make quick decisions since you have to look at more items that you may or may not need; and more hotbar slots are filled to accommodate the amount of items you loot and which to use. I think removing the zombies was probably a good move but the other stuff is so unnecessary.

Posted Dec 14, 2020
    andr3w, anna., Juljee and 1 other person like this.
  4. I really grinded a few years back for the Destructor kit, or whatever the old achievement kit was called. I vividly remember hiding atop that big mushroom map to get the kit for winning without opening any chests. It was so worth it for that kid. I was so upset when it got changed, felt like all of my work had been useless.

Posted Dec 28, 2020
    Juljee and maevestarbaby like this.
  5. v3 skywars is the most toxic sweaty excuse for a gamemode on the network im genuinely ashamed to have thousands of wins in it - a reversion to v2 could not be more needed

Posted Jan 4, 2021
    Ontrol and Juljee like this.
  6. I agree and I've stopped playing Skywars on Mineplex since it was updated. I prefer the old version of Skywars with the leaper and ice bridge kits. Skywars seems like a completely different game mode to what it was previously so I'd be in favour of a reversal to the prior version.

Posted Jan 4, 2021
    Juljee likes this.
  7. lmfao the fights take years on the new version of sw

Posted Jan 4, 2021
    fREAKINGnICK likes this.