• 1337 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5532 Players Online
  • 4195 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

I made a render for my mentor, Sven.

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by Chromuh, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Hey everyone!

I've decided to make and show you guys the render I made for my mentor because he is so kind and helpful to me. Feedback and criticism is definitely encouraged, I would love to hear your opinions!

[​IMG]

Posted Mar 9, 2020
  2. Woah! I was having such a bad day today and this brightened it up so much! Thank you so much for this! You have such a great talent and I really love the background!

Posted Mar 9, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 10, 2020
    Korben (gone), Quakiy, Im_Ken and 7 others like this.
  3. That looks really amazing! The position the character is in is also pretty intriguing in itself. The sword effects you added look fantastic too! Great work!

Posted Mar 9, 2020
    Korben (gone) and Chromuh like this.
  4. Glad I could brighten your day up a bit! If you ever want to talk about it, im usually open.

Thanks so much for the feedback! I usually try to make the positions interesting because iin my opinion its the most important part of the piece.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 9, 2020
  5. I agree, positions are highly underrated! I’m currently trying to improve my drawing of people, and figuring out good positions has proven to be one of the hardest parts for me! It really does add another layer of dimension.

Posted Mar 9, 2020
    Chromuh likes this.
  6. Good luck with your art! I would like to see it sometime if possible.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 9, 2020
    Korben (gone) and V3riity like this.
  7. Heyo!

My oh my this looks absolutely amazing! I could never do something like this and I wish I could so I could make some for people, Sven is such an amazing mentor I definitely agree! You put so much detail into this and it looks so fantastic! Keep up the excellent work!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Mar 9, 2020
  8. Hey, thanks so much for the feedback! I try to put many smaller details to make the overall picture look better, so I am glad you noticed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 9, 2020
    Korben (gone) likes this.
  9. Wow I am honestly astonished with this. For some reason I just like to look at renders since they look very real. Keep up the work. Staff are getting free art Pog.

Posted Mar 9, 2020
  10. Thanks so much, Wiz2K, and it's also nice to see you again, Glad you liked it!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 9, 2020
    Korben (gone) and Wiz2K like this.
  11. Hey!

My attention is drawn to every part of the render which shows it is a skilled piece of work. I love the bright colours that are used for the character itself and I find they work quite well against the background of a dusty sky. The moon brings the atmosphere to life and I notice some underlying details such as the curve of the sword's beam, shining onto its surface! it certainly helps that the visuals are great and are of high quality. I can't wait to see more at some point; your mentor is very lucky to have somebody who will brighten up their day like this!

Posted Mar 9, 2020
  12. This is such an awesome and well-done render. I'm seeing many of these talented artists on the forums just shooting out amazing bits of art that actually look like commissions and proper designs for large youtube channels that you'd see! And also an A+ for lightening Sven's day as well as giving him a little commendation for his work as a mentor, I think all of our mentoring team deserve loads of recognition as they do a lot for the server!​

Posted Mar 9, 2020
  13. Nicely done! Can't tell what to improve or anything so all I'll say is: Keep it up! ^^

Posted Mar 9, 2020
  14. Hey,
    That's an extremely amazing render you made there! I'm sure he will like it :D good job there!

Posted Mar 9, 2020
  15. that is fuego

Posted Mar 9, 2020
    Korben (gone), oCassi and Chromuh like this.
  16. Wow, this looks amazing! It makes me want to get back into cinema 4d renders again.

Posted Mar 9, 2020
    xGetRektedx and Chromuh like this.
  17. I actually need to know how to do this, this is amazing!

Posted Mar 9, 2020
    Korben (gone), oCassi and Chromuh like this.
  18. This looks really amazing! I love the render itself and can really see your time paying off for creating this. Apart from the render itself, I liked how you added some extra details in the background like emerging the moon, making it stand out and the addition of trees in the background that also stood out because they were darker than usual, keeping the main attention to the render of the skin. Overall, I really like it!

Posted Mar 10, 2020
  19. Wow this render is beyond amazing! I love the glow the character and the weapon gives off. Amazing use of the colors by the way! You can really tell you took a lot of time on this render. Nice job!

Posted Mar 12, 2020
    Chromuh and Korben (gone) like this.
  20. Hey!

That really looks intriguing.

You've got a RARE talent. Make sure you take advantage of it!

Posted Mar 12, 2020
    Chromuh and Korben (gone) like this.