• 1645 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10083 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned I have an idea :D

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Swle, May 17, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So in Mineplex we have expirenced atleast one hacker, for me its NANO. Everygame or lobby there is atleast a hacker. The hackers usually win which is unfair. I have expiernced second place because of a hacker. It is very unfair and I dont see why they get the win and why i dont either. That is what I am going to ask. You should give the non-hacker person who is closest to the hacker. For example, if the hacker got second and a innocent person got third they shouldnt get it. But if there are two hackers who got first and second the third place person should get the win. For order to do this, the hacker would have to be notified by a mod, or anyone who bans players, and you would need a screenshot and send it here that shows you got second or third, depending on how many hackers in a game. Now i know it seems impossible and i know that will never happen. I know it would be hard to add wins in a players statts, and not being logged in their account, but its good to atealst try because it would be benneffical for our community

thank you,

Your great friend Swle

Posted May 17, 2019
  2. First off, if you would like to suggest an idea for Mineplex, you can make a thread in the Ideas Hub where community members and staff members can critique it and add some suggestions to it.

To your idea, I don't think this is possible, and if so, it wouldn't work out. Just because someone is hacking doesn't mean the server knows it. If the server does know it, then the player is kicked/banned by GWEN. I feel as if it's not the best idea to have to go through a huge process to just have a win in a game with a hacker. You can simply play another game and try to win there. Hackers are usually dealt with within 1-3 games, and you can join the StaffRequest community in-game to ask for any help from staff members to take care of rule-breakers. Since you have Eternal, you can also use /report in-game. I'll be giving this idea a -1

Posted May 17, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  3. Thread moved to General Idea Discussion

Interesting idea, however I highly doubt that this is possible. I feel like it would be very difficult, if at all possible, to make the server "know" who is a hacker and who is not. This system could lead to a lot of false place giveaways which would cause a lot of controversy and uproar within the community. I'm no developer so don't take my word for this, but I don't believe that it's possible to make an accurate system that detects possible hackers and removes their winning spot. It would lead to a lot of false "punishments". So even if this were possible, which I highly doubt it is, I don't think that it would work well on the server.

Posted May 17, 2019
  4. well i never got false banned

Posted May 18, 2019
  5. This is an interesting idea, but I don't think this will be feasible to implement. First of all, the number of screenshots that players may send to staff members, along with evidence that the hacker got first place, would likely be way too many to handle. Also, there is a pretty effective way to deal with hackers quickly. There is a community called StaffRequest, where one is able to report hackers to staff members immediately. Staff members will then deal with the hacker as necessary. Thus, I don't think this idea is needed any time soon.

Posted May 18, 2019
  6. Just like how others have said above my post, I don't see this happening. This would be very difficult to code, plus Mineplex has a surplus of reports, the only way I see this happening is if you add a screenshot of who got second or third place in your report along with the hackers. However, like @AceSJus said in this thread, "There is a community called StaffRequest, where one is able to report hackers to staff members immediately. Staff members will then deal with the hacker as necessary. Thus, I don't think this idea is needed any time soon." You can just report it in the community StaffRequest, and there will either be people to report the hackers, or a staff member to punish them.

Hope this helped.

Posted May 18, 2019
    Jaxxy likes this.
  7. In my opinion, it's an interesting idea but it seems a bit difficult and unnecessary to manage. Hackers have been a big issue from what I've seen and us, staff members have tried our best to prevent them from ruining games on the network. With this system, I don't think it would really do much or solve anything. I'm not sure if there could be a way to even "give" players wins and how we could even manage and track stats with screenshots of said hackers. I understand your frustration completely, a while ago I used to play many games and it would lead to me getting second because of hackers, but personally, in my opinion, the best way to deal with this type of situation is to report it. I know this really wasn't the point of the thread but a system of sending screenshots to a mod, then having them judge whether there was even a hacker, then having to add wins to stats seems a bit tedious and unrealistic.

Luckily, there are some ways you can deal with hackers in the future that I can give you! First off, simply record using any type of video/recording software you can find here at the Report Guide and report the player accused of hacking at mineplex.com/reports. Your second option would be to join the in-game community known as "StaffRequest" and ask for help in there. Please keep in mind, staff members are not required to be in this community and aren't always online, so try to be patient and someone will help you out as soon as possible. Your 3rd option if the other two didn't work is to try and find a staff member in Lobbies 1-5 to help you out from there.

Posted May 19, 2019
    hazeae24 likes this.
  8. I think this is a cool idea, however, there are other ways to get a staff to quickly get rid of a hacker. I would suggest joining the StaffRequest community, because if you ask on there to get rid of a hacker then you get staff almost immediately, if you don't want to do that you can report the player on the website, or do /report in game. I think this could create lots of issues surrounding false bans and false accusations. Also, the amount of work staff members already have to handle is very large, so adding even more screenshots and messages would probably be too much for them.

Nice idea though :D

Posted May 19, 2019
  9. Staff Request takes a while with the few amount of staff who actually turn on StaffRequest chat (no offense to them, I know it's spammy) and /report rarely if ever deals with hackers.

Posted May 19, 2019
  10. While I understand what you mean, however whenever I'm on all staffrequests are answered. Maybe it's due to different timezones. Feel free to /msg me in game if there's a hacker though!

Posted May 19, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  11. Then what's your response about /report?

Posted May 19, 2019
  12. Helpers don't handle /reports, so I'm not really sure about them. I know, as a player, some of my reports do get accepted. However, I can understand why you prefer a different method of reporting a player.

Posted May 19, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.

13. Like ZeldarianaX said, Helpers don't handle the /reports, but making a new /report could either go good or bad. I think a new /report should be made, because the /report for JAVA just doesn't give enough details for the 3 pop-ups. A lot of people get confused with Bug-Reports and the Hacking pop-up. Example: People put hitting people while in illusion as Hacking, instead of Bug-Reports, hitting through fence gates, while spamming right click, etc. I think that a new /report is needed, because it will help catch more Hackers, Chat problems, and Bug Reports. :)

[​IMG]

Posted May 19, 2019
  14. When I've been doing /reports for hacking today and yesterday there was a few times I didn't get any reports because there weren't any. I'd say /report response times have increased the last few weeks. Same could be said about staffrequest response time wise. I assume it's because people are starting to get out of school in US.

To the OP:
    I'm giving this a -1. It's just not plausible and very much not efficient. It's not plausible because we can't just give you wins and take others away. I don't even think our developers could do this, and they're the only ones that would be able to get into the code of /stats. We wouldn't make a system for this either as it's not necessary and this idea isn't even efficient. It's not efficient because we don't need to worry about who gets what wins and who needs to get a loss added to their stats. It's just too messy and unnecessary. At this point we'd need an entire sub team dedicated to this because of how much work and management it is, which is not happening either.

Posted May 19, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  15. I will have to agree with what they have said above. It is not efficient in the way how does the system works like that. It will be unfair to take their wins away, which people may feel upset. It is impossible to take the wins from their /stats as well which it automatically records after the game is over. If you believe that they are breaking the rules, you can gather your evidence and report them at https://www.mineplex.com/reports. You can also message the staff members in StaffRequest communities too, but you have to request them to join their communities first.

I am going to say that it is a no from me because that is not the way how it will work like that. -1

Posted May 19, 2019

16. As Shaiym previously described, this idea isn’t possible to implement because we would be better of punishing the player instead of coding new ways to change who gets the win.

There would be no way to guarantee that the winner of the game would or would not be hacking, so implementing this would be highly inefficient. Also, it would be trouble to code this system to also remove stats/rework wins. It is best that we handle the rule breaker accordingly instead of creating a system that allows hackers to still win, but just give their “position to move down”.

If you happen to find a hacker in a game, you should utilize one of the report feature that Shaiym mentioned:

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to message me or another Community Manager!

Thread Locked
    Idea Denied

Posted May 21, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.