• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3327 Players Online
  • 3327 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

I Found out why there are so many cheaters.

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Mad Zingo, May 12, 2021.

?

Do you find more than 1 hacker a day?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The other day while I was playing cake wars I went to mid and started spamming blocks under me and then got kicked for hacking, I thought I would have to email them to get my account back but I was able to join straight back. I tried it again and the same thing. They arent banning hackers they are only kicking them so even when you see one get kicked from a game they can just join straight back and hack again. Fix your server and actually ban cheaters.

Posted May 12, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and Paladise like this.
  2. False. you were just getting Gwen Kicked due to Suspicous activity when there are hackers they do get banned for 30 days and so on but no this is not the reason that there are alot of hackers in CW.

Posted May 12, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  3. Hello! @C2MineCraft is half right. On Bedrock, GWEN, our AntiCheat system, can't ban hackers, they can only kick them. This means that anyone that gets "kicked for hacking" can join back immediately. If someone is banned on Bedrock is HAS to be by a staff member, whether that be through a forum report, a discord report or the staff member being in the same game as the rule breaker and seeing the rules broken.

This is why community members like you filing out reports on hackers are so important! Bedrock has a very limited staff team, and we can't be everywhere at once. Please always feel free to report rule breakers here, and you can read this guide to help you fill out the report. If you have any questions that can't be answered by the guide, you can always PM me here on the forums or on discord! (Arrow#9776)

Posted May 12, 2021
  4. OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 12, 2021
  5. because it is unreliable. it false kicks many people, even you said you were kicked even though you weren't hacking. if the anticheat was changed to ban every potential hacker, you know who i'd see coming back here to complain about a false ban? you.

Posted May 12, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and SmokeyCobYT like this.
  6. That it is. Even on java I got kicked by accident when I did some funky stuff when I walked into the border in survival games. If it had outright banned me, I wouldn't be too happy. I believe the system they currently have is probably the most effective it will be, until further refinements are made to the anti-cheat system.

Posted May 13, 2021
    scarlet likes this.
  7. Hey!

I don't play much normal Cake Wars, but I've noticed it on Duos, and I've definitely noticed it in other games (I got like 10 hackers in a row on Skywars Solo the other day, what's up with that?)

As @TheArrow'sShadow said, though, there's a major reason why the anticheat just kicks instead of banning - it's unreliable. Simply getting stuck in a block can get you kicked, and I've seen anticheat flags for people just by going up half slabs. Staff members have even been kicked in the past, and I believe it should go without saying that our staff team is better than that.

Again, community reports are immensely helpful! The next time you see a hacker, you can either save evidence and report them through the forums...
    ...OR you can report them for near-immediate action through our official Discord server (using the Mineplex bot, you can send a message in #report-players or in DMs to the bot, following the guide in #report-players).

Again, I'm very sorry that you've had to go through all of this in the past, but any major community for games is subject to rulebreakers constantly. We do our best here, but we rely greatly on our community to keep itself in check!

Posted May 13, 2021
    TheArrow'sShadow likes this.
  8. Hi there @Mad Zingo! I apologize that you’re experiencing issues with cheaters in-game - I understand that playing against cheaters can be frustrating and at most, demotivating. Both @TheArrow'sShadow and @Printiel have given excellent responses that highlight appropriate ways to go about dealing with cheaters in-game if you cannot find a Staff Member in-game to help assist you.
    • You may collect evidence and make a Player Report here. If you haven’t done so already, before submitting your report, I would suggest reading over the Official Reporting Guide, which covers everything you need to know to correctly and efficiently submit reports on our forums.
    • You may report a player using the #Report-Players Channel in the Mineplex Community Discord. This channel is frequently checked by our Staff Team.
    As pointed out by Arrow above, unfortunately the Bedrock Staff Team is much limited in number in comparison to our Java Staff Team, which makes it much harder for us to cover lots of ground on the server. With that being said, we greatly appreciate any and every community member that’s willing to help the community out by submitting player reports. I know it may not seem effective, but I promise you it is. In addition, we, as a Staff Team, unfortunately cannot tend to the game all the time, as we have IRL circumstances that require just as much as attention sometimes. We’re human, and we honestly do try our best!

As far as the anti-cheat, I think the answer was best summed up by @scarlet. It’s just unreliable at this moment in time. With Bedrock still being under major development, it’s unrealistic to rely on the anti-cheat to accurately ban cheaters. I’d honestly rather have it just kicking players right now just to prevent false punishments, but hopefully sometime within the future it can be improved drastically.

I again, apologize that you’ve experienced these issues in your time here on the server, and I can understand where your frustration comes from. As said above by Printiel, with any server/community, there’s unfortunately going to be players who seek to break the rules and we do try our best to moderate all areas of the server whenever we can.

Since the concern has been addressed, I will be locking the thread. If you have any further questions and/or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me!

Thread Locked | Question and/or Concern Addressed.

Posted May 13, 2021
    Printiel and TheArrow'sShadow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.