• 1236 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3815 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

I found a very cool easter egg

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by bomb_squid, Dec 6, 2019.

1. So I got banned and this was my ban message:
    -unapproved link-
    As you can see, it says "you were banned by Chiss" even though he resigned... :squint:

Meow

Posted Dec 6, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  2. Kinda funny... but why are you hacking...?

Posted Dec 6, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  3. I am not quite sure how that happened. Surely it is not the real Chiss because he does not play on Mineplex anymore and it is not the name of the anti-cheat. This could be a possible glitch which you can report here.

Additionally, good luck on your appeal if you felt the ban was false!

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  4. Nah the ban wasn't false and I don't feel like appealing lol
    But there's no way this is a glitch since I'm sure a developer can't accidentally type Chiss while coding lol, it has to be an easter egg :3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 6, 2019
  5. The ban screen will say "You have been banned by Chiss" if you got banned from the anti-cheat. When I first came across this easter egg, I was quite confused and thought I was lucky to have come across someone punished by the real Chiss. However, that is obviously not the case and it is merely a fake "nickname" for GWEN in ban screens. So yes, this is an intended feature and quite a funny one at that.

Posted Dec 6, 2019
    Fallen and JMPhase like this.
  6. mod got banned :o
    --- Post updated ---
    lol a good chunk of the server are bhoppers..ask them as well xd

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  7. The only thing I was using is reach lol because my ping is so bad that I need some kind of compensation but mineplex was just like N O P E

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 7, 2019
  8. @mab8400 I'm just stating, people who paid good money for a rank on this server (unless he just got an alt and it happened to have a rank) probably won't hack because they paid good money for said server...

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  9. That is a very common thing people say which makes me even more skeptical, they may use this reasoning to make others believe they are legit.

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  10. Hey!

This is quite a good easter egg, and it's pretty cool that Mineplex is still bringing up Chiss in an anti-cheat message. Good eye!

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  11. And yes, people with ranks hack! I reported a legend once, they got banned like 5 minutes later!
    --- Post updated ---
    I used to hack! Before I got my rank and stopped...

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  12. Hello,

This is an interesting easter egg, being banned by Chiss who bans you for "[GWEN Cheat Detection]", even though we wish he was still here this is unfortunately a fake.

Nice editing though,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  13. I didn't edit it, that was legit the ban message lol
    It's an easter egg that the developers added

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 8, 2019
  14. It's not a bug or an easter egg, it's how it was coded. Very much intended and not hidden at all.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  15. That's weird, when I got banned (2017, I stopped...) it didn't say this... :gwen:

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  16. If it was a GWEN ban it would be there. Even on the punishment GUI for staff, it says that players were punished by Chiss. It's just how it was coded.

Posted Dec 8, 2019