• 1889 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5575 Players Online
  • 3686 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

I cannot say anything in the chat

Discussion in 'Help' started by FabiTheAlicornYT, Apr 16, 2019.

1. I am playing on Minecraft: Java Edition and I am in us.mineplex.com, and for the past few days or weeks I could not type anything. I find that spamming the same message will get noticed, but I can't see my messages and I don't think anybody else can, but I didn't check it with anybody else yet. I've changed my name, changed minecraft versions like from 1.12.2 to 1.9 and went to eu.mineplex.com as well, but none of that helped. When I play Draw My Thing, if I get it right, my text will register and I get a point so I know my messages are still being registered but I don't think anybody can see them, not even me. Observing from a few months ago, I could see everybody's texts but now I can't. I can still use commands though. My only punishment was in august of 2018 and I was only muted for 1 day, and the next day I could talk. Can anyone help?

Posted Apr 16, 2019
  2. Hiya!

So this is a glitch that has been happening quite a lot on the server recently. Personally I'm not too sure why it happens but it can be something to do with the version of Minecraft people are using. Its happened to a few Staff members who are using 1.9+ so possibly it's something to do with that.

There's not much I can recommend to you other than to restart Minecraft, maybe log out of your account and relog back in. It does pass over time and it's quite random when it does happen.

I know for a fact the Developers are aware of this and it's being sorted so hopefully it'll be sorted soon!

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  3. I've noticed this too. It rarely happens to me, but it can get obnoxious to not have your message being shown.

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  4. Probably not a very smart thing to suggest, as I'd be surprised if you haven't attempted this already, but have you tried editing your chat settings?

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  5. Hey,

it is possible that you may have changed something in your chat settings. Please could you provide me with an image of your settings so we can see if there is anything weird with them

Posted Apr 24, 2019
  6. Yes, to the OP (@FabiTheAlicornYT), please link or embed a screenshot of your chat settings. To get those, while in-game, press Escape, then head to Settings->Chat Settings. Chat should be set to Shown, like below:
    [​IMG]

Posted Apr 26, 2019
  7. The picture above is what your screen should look like. Just to have another one backing up their take, I think your chat is disabled and can be fixed in the settings shown above.

Posted Apr 27, 2019