• 3036 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9975 Players Online
  • 6939 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Hunger

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Leafa_, Mar 7, 2020.

1. I feel like hunger in ssm should be increased, forcing players to actually fight instead of stand around and chit chat. This is a fighting game not a social club.

Posted Mar 7, 2020
    Worpp likes this.
  2. idk, hunger already does it's job and tbh for me campers are not big problem.
    most of the people I've seen who camps are not skilled enough to win anyways.
    I am an aggressive player (funny thing to say as slime main) so I don't find campers that annoying really.
    it's actually not bad since I can focus on one player while the camper does nothing but watch.

Posted Mar 7, 2020
  3. There was an idea in the smash docs to change the smash crystal into a ability charge. The charge would decrease if you didnt fight and it would take 2-3 kills to get a full charge if you constantly fight. The full charge attack will be a nerfed version of the current smash crystal and wont be guarranteed to kill.

The main problem with players who run is that they have the same chance as winning due to the smash crystal.

Posted Mar 7, 2020
    Leafa_, 510bike and allykat like this.
  4. exactly why smash should be removed

Posted Mar 7, 2020
  5. Theres a player who has over 5000 wins from doing exactly that. Not gonna say any names because i wouldnt want to be known as that person.

Posted Mar 7, 2020
    ___TacoCat___ likes this.
  6. Hey!
    Personally I don't agree with this for a couple reason. The main reason is the hunger right now already takes care of most campers. In my experience, yes people camp. However, camping is also a strategy and we shouldn't really increase the hunger and make that strategy obsolete. The hunger for me also goes down pretty fast if you aren't fighting. If someone is just hiding in a tree for 5 minutes their hunger will be almost empty, which then forces them to fight for a bit. However, one thing I think should be changed is how much hunger is gained from hitting a player. The campers can run out after their hunger empties and hit 2 players and their hunger is back up enough for resume camping, and I don't think that should be the case. While I don't agree with making hunger go down faster, I do agree that hitting a player should increase your hunger less.

Posted Mar 7, 2020
    510bike, Leafa_ and Korben like this.
  7. If no one wants to fight then... okay.

I don't care if this adds yet another loss to my record, but I'm probably just gonna leave because the game won't be fun anyways.

Posted Mar 7, 2020
    Leafa_ likes this.
  8. This post really wasn’t for the runner types, but the ones that just sit and wait for “1v1s” in a solo game, most of the time they are truced with each other, having long winded convos right next to each other, and don’t wanna fight one another, which is basically “teaming” since they usually only target one person to “1v1” and not each other.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 7, 2020
  9. Thread moved to Game Alterations.
    I feel like the amount of hunger you lose from SSM is fine at the moment. If you take even a short break from fighting, your hunger still goes down pretty quickly. If there’s an issue in the game with camping, I don’t think slightly changing the hunger given how much you already lose would do too much in the game.

I do agree with what @Epicbuilder435 said however. You can re-gain your hunger pretty quickly just by hitting someone one or two times. I wouldn’t mind seeing that changed.

Posted Mar 7, 2020
    Leafa_ likes this.
  10. Although I do agree with the idea I dont really mind players who talk during games or make custom rounds to 1v1. This may be breaking the rules, but most players who do this dont avoid eachother so they can win the game. They just want to talk and chill.

If you do have a problem with this, kindly ask them "hey guys can you two fight eachother?"
    Most players, at least the ones i know who do this will listen. Reporting them to a mod will waste everyones time. You can also inform them to go to an mps if they have legend rank.

As long as the two people dont purposefully target one person and they go after 2 different opponents there shouldnt really be a problem.
    Unlike teaming, everyone in the round has an equal chance of winning the game.

Posted Mar 7, 2020
    Hillly likes this.
  11. Sadly Ssm now a days doesn’t have such luxuries of just asking if they can fight other, usually only time they do fight is IF you get a mod to force them, which is sad

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 7, 2020
  12. I like the idea for killing these people. Sometimes they're really annoying because like you said, they just go after the same 1 or 2 people and don't even look at each other. I was with a friend once and we saw 2 level 100s doing this. (Not even gonna mention names.) It's also annoying when you kill someone and they're like, "hEY i wAs tYpINg!!" Oh wow really sorry i didn't realise e_e Like bruh obviously I don't even care about your conversation, but by all means, feel free to continue typing so that I have more opportunities to kill you without even trying.

Posted Mar 7, 2020
    Leafa_ likes this.
  13. Yeah I definitely don't see the problem with people talking in chat while others fight like my dawg student said. Typically those people never team or gang up on someone else to team against them. They're usually there just to have fun and talk in chat while they fight which doesn't seem like any major issue.

Hunger is fine the way it is. It doesn't need to be sped up to prevent camping or running.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  14. It’s trucing, this is a fighting game not a mingling group, you can chat and fight but most just chat, wasting a spot that could be used for people who actually play the game

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 29, 2020
  15. I agree with this, though I have never seen players chat an entire game unless the entire lobby wants to test certain mechanics and cant make an mps. I think that making hunger go down faster will help with players who run and players who stall the game by chatting.

We could also make it so certain kit abilities such as inferno firefly and bone rush wont give a lot of hunger due to the ways they can be used to hit and run.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  16. I personally don't believe hunger should be increased because I think SG is good how it is for now. If it becomes an issue in the future then maybe it could be changed.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  17. Hey! There are currently proposals from the game insights team to nerf camping! The idea is that the lower hunger you have, the slower your regeneration is! I suggest taking a look at it, it's pretty cool! I definitely think that hunger goes down too slowly, but just know that there are plans to change this!
    here is the GI proposals. Make sure to give them feedback!

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  18. Honestly, in my opinion, even though not fighting for a while may seem annoying and not fair, it is a part of the game, much like 'cleaning up' people in UHC and pvp related games, you can always focus the person who's camping as well, correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like the hunger dropping rate is fine right now because it makes the game more strategic and if you know you're not as good as someone else at the game, you still have a chance of winning by letting them fight and then cleaning up, I know it can be annoying but I consider it a valid strategy, I would love to hear your opinion too especially if you disagree, forums are a great way of discussing topics not everybody agrees on.
    Have a good day and I hope you understand my point and respect it as I do yours, cheers.

Posted Mar 30, 2020